Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Major change in life!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 325w, Jul 26, 2018.

1. IMG_2321.JPG IMG_2321.JPG life has taken a big turn down this way. I'll be selling my 32 coupe that I have been driving for the last 20 years. Also the 54 Chevy that I not finished with yet. What happened? Well
    Opportunity knocked and I answered the door. Standing there is a 65 GTO with 76,000 miles. 4 spd. Positrac 389. Original interior and vinyl top. Everything less power steering and brakes. One repaint. A book with every repair since new. All the papers from 65 protector plate and all. Carb will need rebuilding and the tires may be 12 yrs. old. It doesn't happen without a picture. Only one right now. Dang it how did it double that one?

Attached Files:

2. Congratulations !

Deuces likes this.
  3. Stooge

Stooge

Congratulations on a cool car! im not much for a mid-late 60s car person, but I've spent quite a bit of time working on a '66 GTO 389 4spd for someone the last few years, and atleast the gto's are really starting to grow on me! I just wish the project one I've been working on looked half as solid as yours does!

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.

4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Cool move

Deuces likes this.
  5. Hot Rod Dan

Hot Rod Dan
    from Texas

And unlike your other cars it's got a heater.

Congratulations!

6. town sedan

town sedan

congratulations indeed! Had a friend in high school who drove a '67 GTO four speed car. Fond memories of riding in his Goat.
    -Dave

Deuces likes this.
  7. philo426

philo426

Yes I have heard that once the progressive linkage engages the last 2 carbs,the acceleration is very violent!

Deuces likes this.
  8. Congrats, w Side.JPG DSC00116.JPG ay nice car, here's mine.

9. Gman0046

Gman0046

Great move. Can't go wrong with a GTO.

6inarow and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gran Turismo Omologato

Congratulations
    @325w
    time to
    Get turned On
    ;)

0_65_PonAd_GTO_liveone.jpg

Deuces likes this.
  12. Nice score

Deuces likes this.
  13. Deuces likes this.
  14. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I would have done it too. Sweet car!

Deuces likes this.
  15. alchemy

alchemy

Uh, you're giving up a 32 coupe for a Pontiac?

16. Wow. Nice !! I have a similar mileage, one repaint Irish Mist, parchment interior, black top 65 with a Catalina non SD 421 :( M21 4 speed car. I wish I had the 389 .... but it came with its 769 coded 3 deuce upper DNA and all its affiliated original drivetrain.

Mine had a deer strike on the passenger A pillar 25 years ago .... but with the exception of a cracked windshield, a slight crease under the vinyl top, and a passenger window that doesn't roll all the way up .... the car got very lucky .... as did I. Insurance auction prize .... otherwise, unaffordable.

Congratulations on a great car. You'll love it.

Deuces, Stogy and tb33anda3rd like this.
  17. So, does this car have a story?

Deuces likes this.
  18. F&J

F&J

Yep, 65 GTO or 65 Mercury Cyclone or 65 Skylark gran sport are true hotrods in my mind........but I sure hope you don't end up really missing that 32. I couldn't give my 32 up, ever..

My neighbor said "if you weren't so broke, what car would you get?"...I instantly said "I already have the ones I want". He thinks a Lambo or Ferrari is the pinnacle of cars...WTF??? An old guy in one of those looks pathetic, but old guys in an early hotrod looks perfect! (just don't ask the younger girls, though):rolleyes:

Deuces and kidcampbell71 like this.
  19. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

17 years old back in 1969, a friend bought a 65.
    I still remember the torque it produced. Scary torque. Fell in love instantly.
    Great buy. But this thread will be removed soon. No offense, we love it. But muscle cars are out of the picture.

20. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

upload_2018-7-26_9-58-54.png "I feel a disturbance in the force"

Attached Files:

21. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Shit, the HAMB has gotten soft. Selling a deuce coupe and a 54 Chevy for a generic muscle car? The old HAMB would have burned you at the stake, or at minimum called you horrible names.

Hope you've got enough sale proceeds leftover from the sale of your deuce for a cry-baby doll, a plush stuffed tiger and a 1:24 scale diecast of an identical GTO to display on your radiator support, just in case people forget what the whole car looks like while they're looking at the engine compartment.

22. Squablow

Squablow

My dad has a '65 4 speed car with Hurst mags and redlines and a tripower setup added, I am working on a mildly customized '65 Tempest hardtop, gold and black like the Hurst promo GTO. I'm not sure what your '32 looks like or if I'd give it up for a '65, but I can definitely understand the attraction.

I definitely dig the bias style tires and hubcaps that are on it, hoping you're planning to replace your tires with something similar. Also looks like it has A/C, that's nice.

Deuces and Stogy like this.
  23. Wow! Good call on the change. I had sell a 64 project to help pay for my daughters wedding, I still miss that car but she doesn’t miss her EX husband......

Texas Webb, czuch and F&J like this.
  24. brady1929

brady1929

Congrats. I wouldn't sell a 32 coupe for any other car, but that's just me.

F&J and 1956 F100 like this.

25. There was a YouTube guys that did an “ experiment “

One in a new Lamborghini and one in a 20’s era rod ( leaning towards RR)

Anyways it was who could garner more looks, thumbs up and girlies....... the rod won by a landslide !!!

Lamborghini’s and Ferrari’s are high tech works of art in there own league, I don’t like them or really understand them, I’ve driven a few when I worked at jaguar and Mercedes , nice but not spectacular!

A rolls Royce or a Bentley is impressive for high end luxury, and torque and speed, all while not spilling a drop of your Don perignon! Lol

Give me an old v8 just about anything, the smell, feel etc are just about enough to bring on pure joy!:D

Texas Webb, Stogy and F&J like this.
  26. F&J

F&J

Geebus 57Joe, and some local people think that I don't hold nothin back! wow, hitting below the belt with the "shy baby, tiger, and scale model" LMAO..

but...Some of us Hambers ain't "getting soft".. ..well, er, um...at least in car choice ...:oops:

alchemy and 57JoeFoMoPar like this.
  27. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sell the Chevy and keep the deuce! Find the rest of the money somewhere else. You’re gonna regret selling the coupe. Cool car!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

when I was in High School I was looking for a 64 or 65 GTO for my second car. I test drove an original red paint black interior 4-speed 64 but passed on it because it needed a throw out bearing and I did not quite know how to fix that at the time. the price? $800.00. :eek: it was a sweet car, but in the end I bought a 69 GTO Judge. paid $300.00 for that one and it looked like a $300.00 car but I still had a lot of fun in it. this was 1978.

29. GTOs are nice cars. I remember a friend of mine in high school bought a new one 3 deuces 389 4 speed. I was green with envy for a while. I prefer the older hot rods but if you traded for what you really desire, you can't go wrong. You are only here once, do what you can to please yourself, nobody else will.