Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest What’s interesting near you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boneyard51, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

World of speed in Wilsonville. OR. About an hour away. then the Lemay museums up in Tacoma, WA about 2 hours away.

Boneyard51 and jnaki like this.
  2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Finally! I am glad to see he is making progress out there. For he last 3 years there was just a taco cart in the lot.
    Ron's a great car guy, so was his brother. Looking forward to seeing him open up!

chryslerfan55 and Boneyard51 like this.
  3. The Estrella Warbird Museum, in Paso Robles, CA, has a really great collection of old sprint cars, besides some bitchen aircraft, vintage cars and war stuff.

4. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

chryslerfan55, Boneyard51 and Racer29 like this.
  5. ..............Good point, Steve.

6. ...........I think that stuff is just referred to as accumulated junk!:(

7. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

I'm kinda partial to "My Shop", if you are in the neighborhood, stop on by. Free of charge, (may even pay you in refreshments)

8. Cooooool junk, with a bunch of memories. I would tell you to send it all my way but my junk is taking up all the available space.

9. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

National Motorcycle Museum

Anamosa, Iowa

IMG_0391.JPG

10. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

AutoBarn in Concord,NC. Also an aircraft museum in Charlotte,NC. …………..The AutoBarn sells and stores cars and their inventory changes periodiacly. They also have a nice indoor flea market...…...

11. bct

bct

IMG_1484.jpg

Ken Helm 100s of cars ..dozens of jalopies

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  12. Mac VP

Mac VP

In greater Cincinnati area.......
    Tristate Warbird Museum (cool WW2 aircraft plus plenty of late 30’s to 1942 cars)
    America Sign Museum (incredible collection of signs from old door and window signs to large outdoor types. Most of it is set up in an old fashioned “main street” setting. Lots of Route 66 types too.

In the Dayton area........
    The Packard Museum. This is actually located in an old Packard dealership building. Many Packard models on display and you get to see how it looked in a 20’s to 40’s dealer showroom.

13. Gman0046

Gman0046

National Corvette Museum Bowling Green, Kentucky. Right next to the Chevrolet Corvette plant.

Gary

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    Boneyard51 and Bandit Billy like this.
  14. Now that might be worth seeing.HRP

Truck64, chryslerfan55 and Boneyard51 like this.
  15. Nothing auto related that I know of but the Space and Rocket Center is just down the road on the interstate, has the Space Camp, moon rocket, space shuttle, spy plane, lots of other rocketry and space associated stuff. I have only been there once so I don't know much about it.

16. Motion unlimited Museum & antique car lot here in Rapid City South Dakota.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  17. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

The Shed - Warroad, MN

http://www.theshedwarroad.com/

Bob Marvin's (of Marvin Windows and Doors) personal collection of about 100 cars. The inventory varies depending on which auctions he frequents, but it is primarily 1930's Luxury cars (Lincolns, Packards, Auburns, etc) and 1960's Muscle.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  19. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Well until a few years back I'd never even heard of it, my first thought was "Why is it in Iowa??". But it has a boatload of really old Hendersons and Indians and Harleys and if you like motorcycles, it's a must see.

20. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

West of me over in Tupelo MS is the Tupelo Auto Museum. Lots of brass era stuff up to newer stuff, they have a Dodge Viper with something like 3 miles on it. It's located just off of US 45 right beside the Bancor South, where the Blue Suede Cruise In is held the first weekend of May.

East of me just east of Birmingham AL off of I 20 is the Barber Motorsports Museum and raceway. Supposed to be the largest collection of racing and street motorcycles in the country. The track has a Indycar race every year, as well as SCCA events.

21. bct

bct

22. jnaki

jnaki

Crevier Classic Cars:
    upload_2018-9-5_4-14-45.png (originally set up as a showroom for selling classic cars of all kinds...the format has changed over the years.)

Hello,

This huge place is right in the middle of busy Orange County. The Orange County Airport planes take off over your head on its original, famous, take off pattern known as the Disneyland E-ticket takeoff ride. The freeway is just a block or two away. Going North on the freeway the place is in full view from any of the lanes. The world famous South Coast Plaza Shopping Center and Fashion Island Centers are a few miles away East and West. This place has tons of cars in storage, on display, and the whole place can be rented for big time events.

One of our friend’s kids spent 40k on a wedding +all of the necessities for the pre, post and reception event at a local resort. That was way over the top for us. For the same amount or less, you could invite 300 of your “best” friends, have a catered meal, dance floor, and all of the cool cars to see, while sitting around your tables. Sure, it is not an ocean view ballroom with ritzy food, waitresses, and a big name band, etc. But, it is down to the core of hot rods, classic cars and the smell of things automobiles, while enjoying the evening events.
    upload_2018-9-5_4-16-23.png upload_2018-9-5_4-16-36.png

Jnaki

Like it or not, it has hosted many events from small to large. Who wouldn’t want to hang around old cars and old friends? (for you young peeps, you could be invited, too.)

There are cars on display and those in a storage facility that are accessible, call ahead for times and openings. Sell your car, buy a hot rod, or put it in storage or display for all potential customers at those party events… that choice is yours.
    upload_2018-9-5_4-17-23.png 73 freeway and adjoining the southern end of the John Wayne Airport or known as the Santa Ana Orange County Airport.

chryslerfan55 and Hnstray like this.
  23. elba

elba

I live in Alabama just north of the panhandle . We have an elderly man that has a very large John Deer tractor collection - over 200- and they are all restored . He had special barns built to store the tractors in . By invitation only . Here are a few pics . Jim Sheppard 850 892 5766, 5-24-2014 004.JPG Jim Sheppard 850 892 5766, 5-24-2014 009.JPG Jim Sheppard 850 892 5766, 5-24-2014 019.JPG Jim Sheppard 850 892 5766, 5-24-2014 037.JPG Jim Sheppard 850 892 5766, 5-24-2014 062.JPG Jim Sheppard 850 892 5766, 5-24-2014 096.JPG

24. leon bee

leon bee

One of my favorite places was always Pioneer Village in Minden, Nebraska. First went there as a child in the 50s. Been a few years now, last time I was there seemed like things were starting to get a little run down. Cars, trucks, trains, planes, boats, tractors, farm emplements........guns, vacuum cleaners, kitchens, a jail, on and on and on.

TWKundrat and chryslerfan55 like this.
  25. topher5150

topher5150

Surprised no one mentioned the Auburn Cord meseum in Auburn Indiana.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  26. Have they got the BIG hole filled in yet?
    Don't forget the Studebaker museum in South Bend, IN
    Has anyone been to the Unser museum in Albuquerque?

27. Bikelessbill

Bikelessbill

Honest Charlie's Speed Shop and Jack Daniel's Distillery tours.

28. topher5150

topher5150

I thought they were making the hole part of the exhibit

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. 34Larry

34Larry

I suggest America's Car Museum in Tacoma, Washington. Herold LeMay can be read about on Google, and I urge you to do so if you've not heard of him. He owned over 4,000 cars when he passed away. Many, many hundreds had been restored to better than new. The museum in tribute to him is truly amazing and deserves strong consideration. Twenty minuets from my garage along I-5 here on the left coast it can't be missed. Google it and Harold and learn of the king collector of all times.
    Here is a portion of the write up when it opened 6/12/12:
    The LeMay museum (named “America’s Car Museum” to distinguish it from the LeMay family’s remaining small collection) will be a test of reach and grasp. Of its reach there is no doubt – a $65 million, 165,000-square-foot building on four floors, whose avowed aim is to illuminate the link between Americans and their cars through individual stories. The grasp will be how to keep visitors returning.

The new building is arresting – a collapsed worm of corrugated aluminum that looks like Ridley Scott crashed a spaceship alongside Interstate 5, just missing the Tacoma Dome. Its gleaming roof is a symbol of the hard-scrabble port city’s revival. Harold LeMay began his 3,500-car collection (at one time the world’s largest) by salvaging cars from people’s backyards and fields in the course of his garbage and scrap business.
    [​IMG]
    https://www.americascarmuseum.org

30. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

They did. There’s even a window you can look down in to the pit.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app