Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Welcome to the 2018 Meltdown Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Oct 12, 2017.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

I’ve heard it’s super laid back and a ton of fun.
    I’d make the trip just to see all you guys again,but being able to make unlimited passes is icing on the cake.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. Maybe it was the due to the rain, but this year the Meltdown wasn't quite as hectic as usual. Between working gate 1, dodging rain drops and racing, I got a chance to put faces with a few of your names. The Valiant ran well, though Tickety boo kicked my ass. I suspect Salty and Scott would both have payed me back from past losses of there's. Both of there rides are much faster the when we last faced off.
    All in all, the weekend was a blast as usual. Hopefully Dad and I can get both the Valiant and the Dodge to the Fallout this year.

SLCK64, Saxxon, 55belairx2 and 10 others like this.
  3. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

If all goes well I'm thinking I might just have to make the trip to the fallout it just depends on whether the funds allow it

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Saxxon, 55belairx2, hendelec and 4 others like this.
  4. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Scott

The way to cut a .000 light is to sit up with me and Salty until 2 am drinking beer. :D
    just ask Salty ;)

SLCK64, Saxxon, 55belairx2 and 8 others like this.
  5. I only took a few pictures, but this one I just had to post. David Z looking on as Carlie changes an alternator. I've never seen the over the tire, under the fender technique. KIMG0035.JPG

6. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

That’s because most of us can’t pull that maneuver off. :)

7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Mine was a .002 against Joel in the Black Magic 62 Bel Air, I got to give him a payback from Saturday night.

8. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Is a Welcome to the 2019 Meltdown Drags “10” likely to be started? I really enjoy this thread and hate to see this conversation peter out.

9. Fall Out has yummy air too I hear. Cars were 1-1.5 tenths quicker at the Fall Out, then they were at the Meltdown last year.

10. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Jeff needs to get one started for the Fallout, then we won't have to wait for next your. :)

hendelec and loudbang like this.
  11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sounds like Ric should be there. ;)

12. riv63

riv63
    from Texas

That was Awesome!

13. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Being so star struck and drunk off the Koolaid from this years event. I promptly came home and ordered magnetized rubber sheets and began sketching out the lettering for RunninShine and xxx jug. I have been planning my 32 PU’s bootlegger theme with a 60s re-power and drag additions for a long time. But the last two years have seen me planning out a more aggressive direction for this at least at Nostalgia events. So slapping her name on the door like Orville in every which way but loose is cool. Now maybe some red or amber back and side windows, mag front skinnies, and maybe a spring lift to the front suspension to go with the slicks on widened rear wheels and 8 to 10 point cage is in order.
    The real Wyatt

14. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Ya well you didn't get as much sleep as me, must have taken you 15 min or 1/2 hr if you we walking sideways to get back to your Car.
    That ain't working, that,s the way you do it, that's the way you cut a tree ;)

15. Yep, you’ve got the sickness now, welcome to the cuckoo’s nest. o_O

16. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Don’t tell the wife, I was supposed to have stopped driving fast stuff years ago. I tried bend the rules when I went down the traditional primrose path.

17. Smokeee

Smokeee

No, he treed me, but I've only made 5 passes in my life, so I don't think he should be to proud of that!!!

18. Saxxon

Saxxon

I ran my best 60 ft to date at Meltdown last weekend (can't believe I saying that in the past tense). It was a 1.38 and the Scout rolled through the 1/8th at 6.11

Rock Falls last year with the exact same setup I went 1.41 60 and a 6.03 in the 1/8th...

Good air in Wisconsin at the end of Sept, less heat and far less humidity than a typical Meltdown in July

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  19. powrshftr

powrshftr

Treed you?I waited a full .400 for you before I let the clutch out...were you checking your email instead of watching the tree,Man...?

Scott

20. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Looks like I’m going g to this Sunday, anyone else?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    An old friend and his dad invited me. Apparently Gene Winfield will be there and he’s stopping by there home party/cookout for their car club at the house on Saturday.
    [​IMG]

21. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

We will need to see pics from this next week. At the very least I need to see more of this Vette:)

hendelec, loudbang, saltflats and 2 others like this.
  22. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I forgot he even had it cause they moved about a decade ago and we don’t talk much. He also has a nice sneaky big big block biscane.

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and enloe like this.
  23. jimdillon

jimdillon

Runnin Shine, feel free to take some pictures and I wish I was going. Jim Hayes in his red Vette was 4th high qualifier at the pie crust event until he broke. He had a bit of wheel hop like many guys and broke trying to run through it. Good guy and seeing how he is a headliner I am sure he will try and put on a show.

24. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

He is a real good guy. Funny how we grow up and get wise. His son is my friend from as far back junior high. I remember most of us in high school not understanding why someone would have a 9” solid axles in a Vette? Ha, dumb kids.
    The Hays boys had a chrome shop for a while that I had them do the parts to my wife’s Stingray. But I wish they still had that now that I’ve been Woke.

25. Nitro Pontiac

Nitro Pontiac
    from Wisconsin

It was a Meltdown that I couldn't have imaged as good as it was. The car was done and how I had been working towards for the last 20 some years. I got to run against the Candies and Hughes Dodge Saturday, that was awesome. Arnie Beswick was walking around Saturday night. He really liked the car and spent time going over it. Sunday I don't usually stick around, but I did this time and ran my best time ever, 10.8 @ 119 mph. I couldn't stop smiling. Talked to Saxxon and Salty and many others. How do you have more fun then that?
    Thank you Meltdown crew and Byron track crew.

26. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Congrats on the run Bill!! Glad that you got the car sorted out. Good to hear that the Farmer got up there Sat. Would be cool if he was a honorary guest at the Meltdown in the near future.

powrshftr, loudbang and enloe like this.
  27. powrshftr

powrshftr

After seeing Tickety Boo and the Lakeshore Shaker run Sunday morning,Jeff was seen quietly leaving the premises,attired thusly:
    IMG_2112.JPG

28. powrshftr

powrshftr

I’ve been wanting to post a “thank you” to everyone who made this year’s Meltdown so special,but it’s just all really overwhelming.
    It was so good to see so many good friends,and to meet some good friends that I’ve been talking with for ages,but never actually met face to face.
    My Dad was nearly in tears when Jeff J. stepped up and drove 40 minutes each way to his home shop to fix our damaged radiator to get us back in action.Dad couldn’t get over the fact that friends would do something like that for us,or that Joe and Kip would devote so much time to helping us get the tire pressure and launch worked out for the new combo,or that Bob and his Family would treat us like we were Family too.
    He was blown away by the kindness of Norb,Jackson,Merek,Dwayne,Josh,and nearly every other racer we encountered.
    Porter’s Night Stalker made him grin,and Miss Cassandra made him grin more (she’s just such a warm,kind,classy Lady.She really does make the world a better place for everyone who’s lucky enough to meet her).
    Thanks to the mobile welding guys from Beeson(?) Welding....They did a great job with speedy,high quality repairs in the field.Without them,we’d have been spectating,not racing.
    And to anyone and everyone on the MDA crew:
    We can’t thank you enough for all your hard work and generosity.What a great weekend.
    Thanks so much to all for making our return to the Meltdown an unforgettable experience for my Dad and I.

Scott

29. Scott, don't forget that diploma you worked so hard at to earn... :D

30. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Most teenage girls love horses, Carlie just loves 350 of them!;) And her Dad and Gammz are tied for father of the year! lol Larry