Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 30/31 Model A visor. Does anyone make a QUALITY repop??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Jul 22, 2018.

1. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

Spent a fair amount of time searching old HAMB posts and the interwebs in general and have yet to find a QUALITY reproduction visor for a 30/31 Model A coupe. Looks like Brookville makes them for 28/29 but not 30/31 . Ordered one from a supplier but was very unhappy with the quality of it. Been looking at pics online of a couple others and they don't look very nice either (body lines wavy, front edge not straight etc.).
    So I turn to the friendly and knowledgeable folks of The HAMB to ask; who makes a nice quality visor for 30/31 A coupe??

2. Have you looked at Bratton's website? Located in Mt. Airy, MD.

3. You may want to check with " Berts Model A Store" in Colorado. They deal in original Model A parts. Check his web site out. I have bought several pieces from them. A little pricey, but they are original parts.

Tim likes this.
  4. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

I have not heard of either of those places. I'll check them out. Thank you.

5. Kustom : I have bought parts from Berts also.. Great service and excellent original parts.. Give them a call
    Stan

6. 41fastback

41fastback

I'd venture a guess that there might be 2 makers of them. I got mine from Howells on E**y. It has the holes in it. Work was needed at the ends to meet the roof. A little wave in the front edge can be fixed. I'm sure you can expect some amount of fit-up no matter who you buy from.

7. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

You'd probably have to see it to believe just how bad it was. I wish I'd taken pics. A little fitment is fine and expected but the one we ordered looked like it was made by a rookie on his first day after getting the caffeine shakes from a few too many energy drinks. The wave in the front edge is unexceptable in my world. That is not an easy fix. At least in this case. It would require either adding or removing material from the leading edge which would introduce heat into the panel and likely cause further distortion of the sheet metal.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  8. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

For future reference for anyone else having the same issue; Bratton's doesn't list a visor for 30/31 on their page (only 28/29) but Bert's does. We'll have to give them a shot and see how it works out... Thanks everyone for your input. It is appreciated.