Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Welcome to the 2018 Meltdown Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Oct 12, 2017.

1. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

2. powrshftr

powrshftr

More Comp Coupe pictures please!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. Comp Coupe powered by a MEL on FUEL !!

4. I thought that was a given.:)

5. D-man313

D-man313

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one of the always lovely miss hicks from last years meltdown.

6. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Oh nan.... you Panneton’s and your one sided story.

I took my loss due to. Mechanical issue, but came back and put the wood to Marc... even after he red lit.

You sharing just your one video, would be like me sharing a news clip from the 2016 election when Hillary won New York and then saying “that’s how she became our president”

Lastly...we agreed to finish this at the 2018 Meltdown... I guess just like Ric in high school I am going to finish myself

AJ - no words!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. 5EBD26CA-1783-4D4E-B2E8-397FAC6D8A0B.png
    Looks like our story is no more one sided than yours (Marc aborting the run, to save the clutch, which by the way, you can hear slipping in our race).., our story is just much funner to watch. Our slowest run last year was a 10.42, your best run ever is a 10.51, so no reason for a rematch, besides your gonna have enough this year dealing with Scott. However, if you need to finish yourself anyways, there is always plenty of used soap left in the Byron shower, and this pic of you in your room should help too.
    Better yet, you could just watch the video of our race some more, it has me finishing myself, and then.., and then.., and then.., and then.., you finishing yourself.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  8. JFK Killer

JFK Killer

I totally hear were your coming from!!! I got the motor in my 41 an it's a freaking beast. Now I keep having little issue pop up. I think I have everything ironed out. Then my fans stop working. Just keeps being 1 thing after another....

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  9. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

IMG_1479.PNG This has to be a mistake

chryslerfan55, Gammz and loudbang like this.
  10. ^ many of us know that the weather here in the Midwest changes frequently, and that the weather forecast a week out is many times not accurate at all.

THIS, on the other hand is not fake news:
    timeslip of 30 Dodgeboy -vs- Wrenchbender at 2017 Meltdown  Drags (2).jpg

hopefully Wrenchbender is quicker this year

:D

11. powrshftr

powrshftr

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

chryslerfan55 and 55belairx2 like this.
  12. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

Shits simmerin good now!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  13. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

First off...who's nan??? Secondly, I'm sorry you still can't get over Hilary losing the election, I know you thought she had it wrapped up when she won New York and were broken hearted when she lost and are still bringing it up now, over a year later. Now... back to drag racing...whatever the circumstances were in either race, I'd take my loss to you any day over your loss to Ric where you're not even in the frame until he's crossing the stripe. I've said it before and I'll say it again, not sure why you keep bringing up last year when you know this video is out there...

14. Asking again before you all knuckle down, disappoint yourselves, kick your buddie's a -hole, make friends and enemies! Well- have a good time, and i'll watch the shit fly here afterward........But- can someone grab me something? pretty plz!;)

15. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I will try to remember to grab you something and I will pm you for an address. Got to have something to remember the day Scott beats Jeff :D or when Jeff beats Scott:( lol it will be an awesome weekend no matter what !! Larry

16. Very CQQL! Thanks, and have a GOOD time!

loudbang likes this.
  17. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

So are the Panneton Bros coming and is Scott going to have a chance to spank the panties off 2 so called hot Chevy's ?? That would be --- Excellent!!!! ;);) I actually love watching all of you race and cheer everyone on. See you all Saturday!!! Larry

18. Church Key

Church Key

Sounds INCREDIBLE !!

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  19. No, we aren’t gonna make it this year, the ole Child is getting some changes, and we ran out of time and extra dough for the Meltdown trip. Poor Jeff is already sleepless in Wisconsin over last year, and after Scott gets done with him this year, his therapy bill is gonna be higher than a Giraffe’s balls!

20. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I have been bagging magazines for the swap meet today:)
    28CB1203-A318-4BFB-A70B-BA86CED92A3F.jpeg

21. Saxxon

Saxxon

I'm on it !!

upload_2018-7-15_21-0-24.jpeg

22. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Ok boys and girls... I have two long days of work...two long nights of getting ready and then 1.5 long days of getting ready for all of you.

Safe travels and see you all in a few days!

23. jeepster

jeepster
    from wisconsin

Caution tale of woe ahead
    Took car out for one finale shakedown. Load engine to two grand (my usual launch) release brake woohoo on my way! WTF unusual amount of smoke rolling into car, check rear view mirror-layin' down a oil slick-check pressure gage- layin' on zero. Kill engine roll car 1/2 mile (in curb lane) to next intersection.
    long story short-part failure of engine oil cooler lead to this disaster. Glad it happened here not on track.
    Lesson learned-test and retest. Will replace failed part and return to Beloit Road for further testing before headdin' out Friday.......See Ya there @ the greatest show on earth!

24. ^ appreciate you sharing this, its a reminder of why the MDA wants everyone to shake things down before arriving at the track to prevent problems like that. Fewer problems = more track uptime, allowing more passes !

25. All jabbing aside, many thanks to the Meltdown Crew for putting on this event, and the mountain of work that goes with it. Everybody have a fantastic, and safe trip. Wish we were going. :(

26. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Heading out sometime Wednesday and we will come in on Thursday. First I have to trudge through 2.5 days of work.

27. powrshftr

powrshftr

You guys will definitely be missed,Brother!
    But don’t worry....we’ll be picking up where you left off,and the Okie Doker’s beatings will continue until morale improves!
    [​IMG]
    Mean lookin little son of a bitch,isn’t it...?
    Finally think I’ve got all the weird high speed handling issues corrected,and we’re ready to go to war.
    [​IMG]
    Just gotta wash and wax the old Girl,and load the truck.

See y’all soon,fellas!

Scott

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  28. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

If Ric ain't going, I may just stay home.

29. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

I'll second that! For those who don't know, Ric and I have had the car out to exactly 3 races in the last 5 years (shame on us for not getting to more events and having more fun with the car) and all 3 of those races were the Meltdown Drags! First in 2014, when we made the 4000 mile round trip from So Cal after several dog dares, double dog dares, and finally triple dog dares here on the HAMB. Then in 2016 & 2017 we made the 32 hour round trip from North Carolina after Ric moved there, which had me flying to NC early Wednesday morning to meet up with Ric and help him finish loading the motor home with clothes, food, tools and whatever else we could think of, loading the car on the trailer and heading out about 4am Thursday morning for Byron. Both in So Cal and now in NC, the car was less than 30 minutes from the local track, (which we could have driven the car to since it's licensed and registered) and yet we made it to Byron for the Meltdown Drags 3 times while never seeming to find the time to make it to the local track. That should give some perspective on the draw of the Meltdown event! It's everything about this event, the track and surrounding area, the people that put it on, the people that participate and attend as spectators, many of whom have become our friends, and of course the cars. Somehow the MDA has captured some magic with lots of hardwork, thought and planning and created exactly what they set out to create, so many thanks to them for all the great memories! Very disappointed not to be attending this year and making more memories and friends, but unfortunately Ric and I both had too much going on this year to make it happen. Hopefully whoever got our spot that was on the waiting list will have the time of their lives and the Meltdown will have a new addict or two! Everyone have a great time, be safe and enjoy all that the Meltdown has to offer!

30. you scared of the shaker, Salty?