Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Who sells good looking full sweep MECHANICAL gauges?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Piledrivin'Joe, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Piledrivin'Joe

Piledrivin'Joe

I hear ya but I’m gonna hold out and learn the hard way. Plus no drilled and tapped holes in my case.

2. Naw, they’re the small ones (2 1/16?). It’s a flathead, so I have water temp for both sides. Interesting how one side always runs a little hotter.

Piledrivin'Joe likes this.
  3. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Mechanical seems to be the old school issue . I with most mechanical for me . Full sweeps are the way a hot rod should look at speed

Piledrivin'Joe and pprather like this.
  4. Piledrivin'Joe

Piledrivin'Joe

Yup and straight up is situation normal

5. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

I second Marshall gauges out of Anaheim Cali, Made in the USA.
    They have very nice gauges and are reasonably priced, they produce some real nice tachometers also. Here is a link http://www.marshallinstruments.com/ to their website if you want to check them out, search the web you can get some pretty good deals on Marshall gauges.

Piledrivin'Joe likes this.
  6. no55mad

no55mad

Marshall, maybe the members here could convince them to become an 'Alliance Vendor'.

7. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My guess is he's running a flathead. One temp gauge for each bank.

8. I still run SW gauges and if you don't like Mexicans (which I will never understand) you can still get made in USA S/Ws if you are willing to pay the price.

9. These are from Moon 018.JPG eyes.

10. Piledrivin'Joe

Piledrivin'Joe

Nothing against Mexicans, problem is more with the gringos running the show. Every company has different priorities and communication styles. Doesn’t matter much if you know what you’re doing but that’s not the case with me. I emailed SW earlier this week and haven’t heard back yet, meanwhile I can live chat Autometer immediately, don’t even have to wait through hold music.
    I got like 10 questions answered in one go. Check this out:
    IMG_0387.JPG

11. squirrel

squirrel

getting exactly what you want? that doesn't sound very traditional...

:)

joel, osage orange and alanp561 like this.
  12. Speedway has Vintage series Stewart Warner mechanical gauges in their print catalog and online catalog.

Phil

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  13. Piledrivin'Joe

Piledrivin'Joe

Exactly what I want is a time machine to the 60’s and an empty suitcase to fill, but instead of that I’ll see how close I can mimic it. Or I’ll just get some old SWs. Don’t mean to come off as picky, but this is a great place to ask all the questions.

Thanks for the help and pics everybody, I’ve got more than enough info to go off of now!

14. Guess my problem is that I don't "live Chat" on line with any company. I am more about either seeing someone's face that I am dealing with to talking on the phone. I get my S/W gauges from NAPA, they have a ware house close by. Last time I bought gauges from them I went into the store, the guy said, "We don't sell S/W gauges." I said, "Gee what's that big display in the warehouse across town?" He picked up the phone and the guy on the other end said, "He wants chrome bezels and black faces?" My guy said, "Yes he does." The guy on the other end said, "If he wants American made they are almost double but we got 'em." End of discussion. That was at 8:00 in the morning and I did have to wait to pick them up until noon.

My experience with "Live Chat" is that I usually get a bot and end up in an endless loop of total nonsense. Well that and there is a whole lot more stuff that exists in the world then you can find on line if you just get out and look.

firstinsteele likes this.
  15. MikeC62

MikeC62
    from Missouri

Porknbeaner would you let me know what Napa store you used to get your gauges please. I don't live too far from Raytown ( Harrisonville) and would like to get a U.S. made SW gauge. Thanks

16. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

All this is why I set aside an NOS set of early Suns for the '31. Might be THE only traditional things on it........

17. Piledrivin'Joe

Piledrivin'Joe

The irony is that you’re telling me this online. :) But I get what you’re saying and it’s a good reminder. First place I started was my parts store - cheap junk and no leads. Really tho I think the best way to do it would be to hunt the big swap here in April, but I want to put them on soon bc the engine is rebuilt. So I ask a bunch of questions online an see whats out there. Cool thing about asking here is- I got messaged from a collector that’s sending me pics of SWs he’s selling... Seems like I gotta ask the wrong questions to know what the right questions are.

18. Last I bought I bought on Blue ridge Blvd near Grandview. But the warehouse in in Wyandot county and you can buy directly from the warehouse.

MikeC62 likes this.
  19. You're fuckin lucky I am telling you anything at all. Now I am blocking you next time pick up the phone and call or drag drop by. You'll never see another of my posts. Good bye and good luck.

20. Piledrivin'Joe

Piledrivin'Joe

What? I thought I was agreeing with you... didn’t mean to piss you off man. I don’t get it

21. dan r brooks

dan r brooks

I have had good luck Equus gauges
    [​IMG]

22. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER