Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Wait.........something has gone missing!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joedoh

joedoh
    from Wichita KS

just making sure you see it this time.

and thats my point, its only a hamb thing to beat up on other customizers. if it makes you feel good to say "this is my pile of dirt and you arent welcome" well then continue to do it. when I go to shows and meet up with other customizers they are genuine guys and wouldnt dream of telling anyone to "get the fack out".

raidmagic and wackdaddy like this.
  2. A Boner

A Boner

The main problem is that Don Montgomery hasn't written books about the "street rods" from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's. So the younger enthusiasts don't understand and appreciate that era that us older fucks lived.
    Like I've said before:
    United we stand, divided the D.O.T. will legislate us off the road.

powrshftr likes this.
  3. I've been a member of the hamb for a long time and I can assure you that you are not the only one to have a post deleted,I've had quiet a few disappear and most were off topic,others were pushing the rules much like your thread but I suspect the main reason the thread was deleted because it full of drama,much like this one.

The rules are clear and arguing a point that is counterproductive isn't going to change them or endear you with the majority on the members.

What I really have a hard time understanding is you have been a member for several years and should know these kind of threads generally end badly.

Just let it go and quit harping about a deleted post,if you never posted again the amount of knowledge shared here is astounding and worth hanging around, HRP

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    powrshftr, 29AVEE8, i.rant and 3 others like this.
  4. Perception of what fits, and what is cool........Very contradictory....... Just run what ya brung, and enjoy it.

5. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

Never saddle a dead horse?

6. Beating a dead horse. HRP

7. rwrj

rwrj
    from SW Ga

I think LM14 hit the nail on the head. When it's all said and done, it's not our site. We participate and contribute, but that doesn't make it ours. We all have the option to leave if we don't like the way it's run. We also all have the option to start a website devoted to our particular interests, and to make rules to govern that site. How many of us are willing to go to that trouble? You know that old saying about obeying the letter of the law or the spirit of the law? The spirit of the law here seems pretty clear, to me. All rules have grey (gray?) areas. It's the nature of the beast.

Thor1, lothiandon1940, LM14 and 2 others like this.
  8. Deuces

Deuces

Poor horse.....:(

9. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

""Boo hoo boo hoo you guys are mean, I'm gonna leave and tell everyone you guys don't like me... fine but get it right- the traditional guys wouldn't accept my non traditional car. Big surprise - now don't go away mad just go away.""

Shoulda used caps...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. lilmann

lilmann

A little shout out to Moriarity for being patient with me while I just had a post deleted.....I’m still pissed about it because I’m PASSIONATE AS HELL about this hobby and the projects I’m working on but am still “new” to the H.A.M.B.

What I’ve heard several guys say is “nowhere can you find this knowledge” and I’ve ran into a couple H.A.M.B. members and bought stuff from H.A.M.B. members and can’t be thankful enough for this group.

I would however like to comment towards the moderators deleting posts....is the entire thread off topic or just someone telling a story and/or a simple response that falls outside of the pre 1965 traditionally built car? I’d imagine most of us don’t gossip on facebook or twitter or ..??... and the H.A.M.B. is a fucking great place and full of great people so we want to share our excitement....

So after bitching and basically sending a shitty private email to Moriarity for his response to me asking why my post got deleted he responded with a “the rules are what the rules are” and then the next day responded with a second email showing me a link to the rules. Not being a dick but sharing a little knowledge....

What I’ve learned is not to share crap about my post 1965 cars but send a private email to a dude that sure as shit can help

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Nostrebor and Moriarity like this.
  11. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Regardless of what type of parts or wheels we use on a build, each build thread has information or methods that can apply across a broad spectrum others can apply.
    Why we get hung up on the very mention of IFS, EFI or other modern upgrades utilized on an otherwise date correct subject vehicle is baffling to me.
    I've built a lot of cars and trucks over the years and learn something new every time. Others could learn along with me.

Some of my threads have survived the "reporters" but others are gone forever.
    Been on the HAMB for a while now but feel my contributions aren't welcome unless they fit within a very narrow field of approval.
    Even newly manufactured old style parts are looked down upon as not worthy.
    Wow.
    I'm not gonna cry about it, I'll just be very careful when posting. They are watching you...

Bigbangtheory likes this.
  12. indyjps

indyjps

I read the thread this morning. It was going nowhere and hadnt gotten fully nasty yet but was headed that way.

34Larry didnt you have a similar thread asking opinions on your car recently? Drive it the way it is, or change it up. We'll help either way, but dont piss in the punchbowl.

13. You'll never even be able to lead it to water either let alone get it to drink.

14. Deuces

Deuces

True...

15. ...not this shit again....

*shakes head and returns to garage...

16. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

More relevant than what color lug nuts being used...

RusTnut and patterg2003 like this.
  17. Reminds me of tests I've taken......key words were= Shall/Must/Might/Can/Will/Could/Possibly, etc.....
    Just like another thread about the rules(racing)........ How one interprets them........

18. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

What would Smokey do?

19. Deuces

Deuces

Sing Motown songs......:cool:

pat59 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Deuces, bowie and tb33anda3rd like this.
  21. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

What it all comes down to is we would like this place to have the same look as sitting down and looking through a stack of 1948-1965 Hot Rod magazines. Does that make sense to you guys? There was no Mustang 2 IFS there was no EFI and there were no S10 frames. The Hamb has a very narrow focus. It is not for everyone, and there are countless forums that cater to every niche in the automotive hobby. The bottom line at least how I see it is would you even try to bring a 55 Chevy to an all Ford show? It is the same thing.

Nobey, partsdawg, Paul and 16 others like this.
  22. like this.

Stogy, chevy57dude and Deuces like this.
  23. Terrible80

Terrible80

Jeeez! I have some neat vehicles. They don't fit the HAMB. I don't try to post them on here. Someday I'll start on my 55 Stude, if I keep it traditional I'll post. Some stuff that seems borderline slips thru/ some don't. The above it down their throat cause I don't agree with the rules posts seem to go quicker than humble posts that ignore the ot parts of a car while spotlighting superb metal work, etc. I like the HAMB and threads will be deleted occasionally, if that's the worst thing that happens today----it's a good day.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Nostrebor likes this.
  24. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Editorial decisions fellas...…

25. a thread about a deleted thread has more post than the tread that got deleted...
    slow day in the hot rod world fellas? :p
    Chappy

26. alwaysamopar

alwaysamopar

Today I'm headed to work in my old car..in the pouring rain...with no defrost ..marginal wipers. My whitewalls gonna get all dirty and my chrome gonna get gray. But I'll be driving a cool car..

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. F&J

F&J

I am convinced that being a staff member here must be quite frustrating and maybe a bit stressful in a case like this thread and the other one....

Why? because in all reality, just how many cars here are 100% pure, meaning "1948-1965 Hot Rod magazine" Pure?

Imagine how difficult it must be on a HOURLY basis, to have to decide which thread gets deleted....and which stays, and I'd bet there might be an occasional disagreement between staff members here on certain deletions.

Tough job..... and then have to take verbal hits from the viewers here at times.

carry on...

rc57, INVISIBLEKID and Moriarity like this.
  28. upspirate

upspirate

I wonder if he would get booted off a restored Jag site because he thought he fit in with a Jag rear? A Mustang site because it has the same steering wheel as some Mustang? An LS Chevy site because it has a Chevy engine but not an LS ?

(Other than the Jag rear, I don't remember what he has for engine ,wheels, steering wheel, etc. just some examples)

29. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah, man!!!!!......:D:cool:

30. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

The way I see it is that if the parts we use today were available back in the "old" days, they would have used them to build their cars. Safety and durability should be formost in every bodies mind when building a car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.