Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest So Long Bob...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

In front of the Skipper residence with Max the Moai....miss you Bob kelly's phone pics 435.jpg

2. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Thanks Ryan, I was on the fence about going, not that I didn't want to, but I was kind of scared to. I figured I could pay respect in my own way..... but then I realized I had to go...... I just had to. We spent a lot of time telling Bob K stories, which lead to other stories, and we even created some new stories! I guess it all boils down to life being a series of stories. It was hard to go, but it was so good to see my friends and tell some stories, its exactly how he would have wanted it. His plan worked!

3. Sorry as I can't make the drags Tim, but I also would love to have one of the stickers.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Thanks for letting us all in on this event Ryan. Bob was a great guy and I am sure it will not be the same at Bonneville this year with out him stopping by our area in the pits. But I am sure he will be there in our minds. RIP my friend.

5. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

6. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Keep the stories and pictures coming fellas.
    Let's Celebrate Bob.....

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. Goodbye Hamb legend.

I've read Bob for years, but never spoke to him. His threads were always a pleasure to read.

Rest In Peace Bob K.

8. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Sunday morning for Bob.
    Please share more photos and stories fellas.

Thanks.

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

10. sololobo

sololobo

Thanx for such a beautiful send off of our beloved Bob.

11. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

Bob will truly be missed . I met him the one time I went to Bonneville and he always sent me a PM wishing me a happy Birthday, Safe trip Bob

Stogy likes this.
  12. I really miss BobK....
    As TZ said before....... IMG_20180709_162555060.jpg

13. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Top for Bob....

Please share your pics and stories.

14. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Nobody traveled the country more in a old car than Bob did.

Stogy likes this.
  15. Deadbird

Deadbird

Thanks for sharing this Ryan. Looks like a very fitting farewell to Bob. I guess I hadn't seen the Chevy in person since he "fixed" the Alaska rock chip on the hood. Classic Bob K. right there. I'm gonna miss that guy even though I only saw him once or twice a year. The shows won't be the same.

Put me down for one of those Bob K. gnome stickers!

chryslerfan55, OG lil E and Stogy like this.
  16. All the times I hung out with B:DB I don't have any photos of him that I took myself, and I don't have a shot of us together. He has joined the rogues gallery in my garage, but I had to swipe this photo off FB. Don't know who took it, it's a great shot and captures his spirit...

[​IMG]

Also realized I've had this hanging on the wall for a long time...

[​IMG]

Kind like playing Where's Waldo. Sure enough, there's B:cool:B, right there beside some idiot...

[​IMG]

17. Im not as fancy with frames and all, but Bob is watching me in the shop. I swear his eyes move like the old Uncle Sam posters. BobK2018.JPG

18. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Good stuff ^^^^^^^ thanks for sharing.

19. Dollar store... heck, I get them at a Canadian Dollar Store, that's like the .75¢ store for you 'mericans. :D

PBRmeASAP, oldsjoe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. Nice tribute! We should all be that loved. RIP Bob.

Stogy likes this.
  21. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Death is hard to take for those left here. For the loved ones taking the final ride all we can ask is that we left them smiling ! Sounds like Bob accomplished that ten fold! R.I.P. Bob enjoy the ride home! Joe

Stogy likes this.
  22. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I met Bob at Bonneville in 2010 after I saw him cruise by in the car I remembered seeing photos of many times on here. I tracked him down and introduced myself and it felt great to meet this HAMB legend. Over the years he provided 23 car club plaque photos for my website and I'm sorry to hear he's gone.

I wonder if heaven looks like this? .....

BobK.jpg

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    MO_JUNK, Stogy, oldsjoe and 1 other person like this.
  23. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

"Ahh Fuck It! 80 years is long enough! It was a good run"
    Bob called me to say goodbye and it was one of the hardest conversations i ever had. He was lying out his ass when he said that to me! he knew and he knew i knew it.... Bob did what he wanted and said what he felt. I do and am going to miss him for a long time to come.. I love you old man!!!
    Rest In Peace BobK

Tman, hrm2k, chryslerfan55 and 2 others like this.
  24. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Was at the Goodguys show in Desmoines today.

Not the same without my buddy Bob.
    It’s been a couple of years.

The traveling Shepard of old Hot Rods and Customs that touched so many.

Miss him.

25. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

26. Lil32

Lil32

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dang 2 years since we lost him. I miss reading his road trip stories .
    Thinking of it, I have something that came with the items I bought when they auctioned off his stuff that needs to be with the car in my estimation. I've got a little project to get done in his honor.

28. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This happened when I wasn't around here much. Didn't see it.

Sorry, guys... all of you who knew and loved him.
    God bless Bob.

After losing Sandy, I wasn't happy at all. Didn't like anything. Felt guilty when I eventually found myself laughing.

But they want us to, of course.

Funerals are for the living.
    Life is for the living.
    Live it up...
    ... while we miss them.

29. Squablow

Squablow

Just this week I used some exhaust pieces I got from Bob's estate sale and I figured it should give my car invincibility powers to drive anywhere without worrying about breaking down.

I know it's BS though, that was Bob's attitude that would let him drive anywhere without worries, and just fix whatever broke when it broke. I've always admired that. Parking his Corvette on the street in downtown Milwaukee in the middle of the night and then going back to his hotel to sleep, just so he could get a good spot! Legendary.

30. BobK, Rocky and i go back to about the very first HAMB meet and greet at BTT50s. My dad was with me. We planned it by the Greenhouses in the SE Corner of the Fairgrounds. For some reason I had it in my head he was a Minister!?!?! Little did I know then but he was, the fellowship he carried with him and passed on will not be forgotten. We crossed paths many times, HAMB Drags, Hunnert Car Pileup, Bonneville, BTT50s but the highlight for me was showing him around the Black Hills in his convert. I was assembling my old Touring at the time and he, my dad and I sat in dads garage sipping beers and he said to me "son, you done good" He was like an Uncle to many of us. When we would meet at an event he would walk up and say "how your doing young man?" I am 50 now but still feel young the way Bob addressed me. Funny side not, that poncho beltline trim came from out here is South Dakota, Sturgis to be exact. The seller had no clue how to ship it so Bob asked me if I could pick it up and package it for him which I gladly did. Damn I miss him.

Lil32, PBRmeASAP, jim snow and 6 others like this.