Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. 34Larry

34Larry

Hey Moose your absolutely unreal. I wish I had the time left in my life, the money and talent to start on this today. Absolutely unreal, thanks. At the Seattle roadster show a few years back I was talking with one of the nations well known top builders and mentioned doing this, (he has since passed). He looked at me like I was nuts and kind of blew me off. While I know it would be a greater challenge I now know it would be worth all the frustrations and time. I'm copying this, framing it and hanging it next to the top gallery pic's in my garage. Thanks tons man.!!!!!!!

2. 412.jpg

3. @34Larry ....I was surprised at how good it looked myself. When I first saw you request I didn't think it would fit together very well but after playing around with it for awhile it started to look pretty cool. I'd love to see one in the real world. Thanks for letting us in on your idea, it was a lot of fun doing this one.

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  4. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Hi I have a 34 Chev tudor sedan project. Its not together so a photo wont assist much, but what I would like to see is how it would look:
    fenderless (fenders are toast) with a dropped Henry axle and split bones. ,
    Front axle moved forward about 4-6 inches (think 554 Coupe)
    285/70/15s on 10 inch wide chrome artillery wheels at back and 205/65/15s on 6 inch wide chrome artilleries on the front (goal here is to fill rear guard openings and have a decent stance)
    Leave hood on the car
    And paint Suzuki Swift sport bright yellow which I understand may just be a yellow tinter

Thank you for your assistance. Cheers Todd

kiwijeff likes this.
  5. madfish

madfish

6. Hey @GasserTodd ...As you can see by my avatar I'm a Chevy guy and always have been so I couldn't pass up a chance to play around with your concept. I went with a mild chop along with the other mods. Could make a sweet ride.

Chev.jpg

kiwijeff, atch, Peanut 1959 and 5 others like this.
  7. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Many thanks, The Moose and Madfish.

Looking at the work you have done, it would seem to me that the key to getting the stance right is getting the chassis sitting fairly low. I will need to think about a chop (I have a long back and short legs so may be the worlds tallest dwarf) and that Chrome Yellow on Madfish's one has me thinking that maybe thats the future.

[​IMG]

This (and a cheap 34 Chev sedan) are what inspired me. Its just a really cool hot rod. I could do mine without the hood if I fitted up the blown big block from my bucket, (gotta fill the engine bay) but with a hood I could just downgrade to maybe 550 hp and have a high mileage cruiser. Hot rods need great stance and heaps of horsepower aye. :)

kiwijeff and pcbart like this.
  8. silent rick

silent rick

[​IMG]

can we turn john's intake into a dual quad? center the carbs over the intake runners. maybe leave the mummert logo between the two carb bases? if anything, extend the thermostat housing an inch so we can leave the threaded hole.

9. OK ..all set to bolt on..;)

duel quads.jpg

kiwijeff, 509garyd, jimmy six and 6 others like this.
  10. silent rick

silent rick

you do great work.

now what are my chances at getting john to produce it? @themoose

11. silent rick

silent rick

@Mummert

12. 34Phil

34Phil

You would need some tall spacers for that rear carb to clear the distributor or mount them sideways

13. madfish

madfish

@GasserTodd

Instead of hot rodding, maybe you do a little rallying? Look up Fangio Coupes.

34 Fangio Sedan.jpg

slv63, gonmad, Ned Ludd and 3 others like this.
  14. verde742

verde742

GET A ROPE !!!!!

15. madfish

madfish

Before I screwed it up.

3881352-1934-chevrolet-sedan-std-c.jpg

kiwijeff, themoose and Peanut 1959 like this.
  16. that is cool, when did rally racing start?

17. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd buy that.....and yes the back carb needs to move forward. Even the earliest one were not back that far. 2 Carter AFB 400 cfm's be perfect.

509garyd likes this.
  18. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

TheMoose, is there any chance that you could change it from yella to purple and lower the front an inch or so. Apart from that, we might have a plan to lock in.

Many thanks
    Todd

19. 2.jpg

20. silent rick

silent rick

i have two 400cfm AFB's on an edelbrock FM255 and a grant flamethrower distributor. now you guys are scaring me. i have to put the heads back on so i can check clearances.

21. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Thanks TheMoose.
    I think the darker colour works better. so that just might be the blueprint of the look we are after

22. what i started with, the photoshop by @themoose, and the final paint job. thanks again moose! DSCF0002 2.JPG bed trim.jpg IMG_1877.JPG

kiwijeff, 55Deso, Squablow and 8 others like this.
  23. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Getting closer to reality. Had a problem with too much clear on the turtle deck so need to repaint. I hope it matches. Trans dipstick is holding the hood up in this pic but that will be remedied tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

kiwijeff, 55Deso, themoose and 2 others like this.

24. Wow...Your more than welcome!!! What an eye catcher!

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  25. @justabeater37 ...Making good progress for sure. There are always a few glitches along the way but I'm sure you'l get everything worked out. Keep the updates coming!!

26. madfish

madfish

It's raining and I'm bored. So...I found this traditional style Model A Sedan and decided to futz with it. I was never into Sedans but this is giving me second thoughts.
    ebay941586.jpg Model a Two door.jpg surf wagon. model a .jpg

kiwijeff, Stogy, James D and 6 others like this.
  27. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

More better.."B" post needs to come out a hair at top,above doors and quarter windows..

509garyd likes this.
  28. madfish

madfish

I took a few liberties with the Photoshop that Moose did.

1941 custom.jpg

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  29. OK...A few more custom touches.

custom.jpg

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  30. Looking to have the grille shell gray/silver with gray/silver flames on the hood. Also would like to see in Orange...

36039199_2024356407639156_8721462837249048576_o.jpg