Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Chevy AD color choice ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by harleycontracter, Jun 13, 2018.

1. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Trying to decide on a color choice for my 53 Chevy truck. Has a Mustang 2 front end with 2" drop spindles with Posie 3" droop rear springs. Using steel wheels with police caps. Can you post what you have or what you've seen that's bad ass with the suspension I have . I respect all your opinion. Built a few cars on here using some of your ideas. Keep changing my mind on color Need help !!! :) Thanks

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Here’s a little something I saw at NSRA Bakersfield this year. IMG_0168.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. SO COLD

SO COLD
    from Scotland

My sons 1951 GMC Ford stealth gray hrah1_opt.jpg

traffic61, krbstr and chryslerfan55 like this.

4. On trucks, I like the non-metallics as per chryslerfan's #2 post.
    Unless it's maroon. For that, I like a bit of fine metallic or pearl, almost a candy, on those sexy curves.

5. I like non-metallic grays on these trucks. My favorite gray right now is Toyota's "concrete" on the Tundras. Cool color! Sounds like a cool truck you have!

6. F&J

F&J

I saw a new truck in town two months ago...still had a NY inspection sticker on the glass....now has new CT plates...a 47 AD that was old school solid pearl white. I noticed the pearlescent hues as soon as I got to it with my camera...I had forgotten how nice those old school colors were..

...but, as I am so hooked on late 50s Autorama show vehicles, I'd do the pearl white with gold or copper scallops :cool:

7. See that green one in the 1st reply? That's the color I'd go with but no cream tu-tone for me and no whitewalls...not on a pickup. All green, sitting low and a little lighter green on the wheels...no trim rings, just your baby moon caps. Helps if it has a nice lumpy idle too.

8. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

I'm almost sure?? I would do a green. Thinking maybe a a dark green with flattener and blackwalls . Such a huge decision. As we all know could make it or break it Txs Keep'em coming

9. belair

belair

orange, tartan turquoise, or green-dark or sea-foam.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hard to beat the factory colors or close resemblences. I do keep looking at some of the non metallic colors on late model Jeeps and Toyota FJ models that are pretty timeless though. Last thing a guy wants to do on one of these trucks is paint it a "it's the hot lick fad right now" color that will date the truck in a year or two. Flat paint to me is just trying to hard to be one of the cool guys. That may because I ran in primer for so many years. I'm just burned out on the flat look. All that flat look you see in the grainy old photos in your grandma's photo albums and in old magazines wasn't flat paint it was the way the photo ended up after being processed. Or in the case of my 51 Merc a lacquer paint job that had to be polished and waxed at least once a month or it looked like hell warmed over.

Hnstray, traffic61 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

An OEM or period correct colour wouldn't date and it'd have the timeless look.

Hnstray and Cosmo49 like this.
  12. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Juniper Green and it is a factory color for an AD. As a matter of fact most were painted Juniper Green.

13. not that one guy

not that one guy
    from So NV

14. F&J

F&J

Hey Paul, I just met a guy in Willimantic who was headed to the Hebron cruise late last week... his new ride is a late 31 Model A pickup That he bought in Chaplin or Scotland, CT...with a really cool very dark green with flattner. I can't say if it was a 31 Model A color, but it was quite dark, not like the Chevy AD greens were, it was like it had some black in it,

looked great in semi-flat with blackwalls. Maybe you will see it around, it is stock looking with stock wire wheels.

15. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

I'll keep an eye out Frank. I called you earlier. I'll try again tomorrow. Hope all is well

chryslerfan55 and F&J like this.
  16. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

F&J, traffic61 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. RmK57

RmK57

x1000

Hnstray and chryslerfan55 like this.
  18. dark blue, silver roof, red pin striping. think "winner".
    Unknown.jpeg

19. Terrible80

Terrible80

There's a ' khaki' color on new Toyota pick ups that is pretty neat.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and Hnstray like this.
  20. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

21. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Black or dark blue.

22. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Aerocolor I messaged you

23. Here it is with the shine toned down a bit...

pu.jpg

chryslerfan55 and F&J like this.
  24. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Thanks Moose... I'm liking that better. Besides less upkeep Thanks
    If you get a chance and it's not too much trouble can you change the rims to that truck color. I bought some Impala police caps I thought I'd use on the painted wheels.

25. wheels.jpg

chryslerfan55 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  26. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Thank you VERY much Moose. Looks great !!!