Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1957 chevy interior kit suggestions???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nos1partstore, Jun 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks, probably not going with anything factory for colors, etc. Then I need the rear seat panels, etc.

2. 5window -
    No search turned up tri five hate, that I could find. If anybody can find it, post it, please!
    I need a laugh.

Nailhead A-V8 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. My friend used Ciadellas on his 57 and they faded badly ( red ) after 4-5 years. He confronted them at the tri-five Nats last year and got nowhere with them and no good answers from them. He said that's it for him with them.

4. squirrel

squirrel

Perhaps Ciadellas equipped car are supposed to be left inside the garage, in the dark? :)

Anyways, for budget purposes, figure $2500-5000, and don't worry about it for a while. That rust....ugh.

bobss396 likes this.
  5. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Wow, looks like a steal of a car. was it a V8 car as well? My 210 hardtop had a V8 and a few options (could have had a belair for what it would have cost) But I love the little differences of 210s.
    All the sources stated, and you could probably get a decent custom job done locally. I had my car done in North Platte and it was about 4k for full custom upholstery.

If youre in Omaha, a good parts source is "the car doctor" in North Platte, he primarily deals in 567 stuff

6. 5window

5window

I don't have a specific thread in mind, but in the early 2000's, the HAMB was usually really strict on years-"traditional hot rods and customs" didn't include many Tri-fives , as I recall. Just to start an argument, I always preferred the '55s with a nice stance to the '57s which seem "heavy" to me.

chevy57dude likes this.
  7. malibumonte78

malibumonte78

Ciadella's did not have a booth or a rep at Tri-five nats last year or any year yet so far. If you friend has an issue with his interior he should call Gina and discuss it with her. I have had great luck with Ciadella's and recommend them to everyone. Their customer service is the best in the business.

8. He didn't say anything about a booth, just said he talked to people from there. His is the red combo and in a convertible with the top up 90% of the time and a 5-6 month car season here. Some of it is now close to pink. Glad you have had good luck with them, I'm also sure he knows who Gina is and knowing him has talked to her.

9. 5w -
    Yes the '55 looks a little bit lighter. Till the bumpers come off, just my opinion.
    To the OP - what was the question? lol

10. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Congrats on the good buy. Don't get rid of the front seat ,unless you want to sell it to me.:rolleyes:

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  11. Clevername

Clevername

You know, seats can be pretty easily removed to do body work. I really don't see a big problem with doing the interior before tackling the rest of the car. Some some of you guys could have the body work and paint done in a few months, but for most of us that may take 5 years and/or 15 grand. I don't think it's stupid at all if he wants to start with the interior.

Sent from my Pixel XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. traffic61 and chevy57dude like this.
  13. Be sure and ask what weight material they use. Some use lighter material to save money/time but it won't hold up as well. If you want OEM quality and longevity, expect to pay for it.

14. Congrats on your 210 HT!

(from a fellow 210 HT owner... )

chevy57dude likes this.
  15. This is how I'm doing my Ford. I had gutted the interior to clean it up and paint the floors (cheap Duplicolor lacquer at Anto Zone), paint the dash and tackle the wiring. Right now I have old seats in it that need some love, carpet and belts (3-point) are new. I don't see it being an issue to mask off the interior when the time comes to paint. I may do the interior towards the winter when I don't drive it that much.

16. squirrel

squirrel

the car in question, will require lots of body work go give the interior a substantial place to attach, by the looks of it.

17. Sauli

Sauli

I have a Ciadella interior kit in my '58 Impala that I'm most pleased with. From what I understand, they stitch both stock replacement and custom seat covers and side panels to order. I'd suggest consulting Your local, competent upholstery professional with installing them. Your old seat springs/frames will most likely need work.

18. Ya blew it.

lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.
  19. Nos1partstore

Nos1partstore

chevy57dude likes this.
  20. I'm talking about the LS engine. You know, the thing you pictured that got your other thread shut down.

Deuces likes this.
  21. henry29

henry29

This site is about preserving the history of these cars.
    What you're doing is like pulling the tubes out of a vintage fender deluxe amp and converting it to solid state, or dumping the gears out of a vintage Swiss watch and putting Timex quartz guts in it. You obviously don't get what this site is about.

chevy57dude and Deuces like this.
  22. Nos1partstore

Nos1partstore

Yes, the LS engine that will be extremely reliable to where i can throw my wife and kids in the there and go to shows and enjoy the hobby at anytime for years to come

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

mario711 likes this.
  23. Deuces

Deuces

Q in the Gospel music....:cool:

24. Hard to get more reliable than a SBC.

Bowtie Coupe and Deuces like this.
  25. Nos1partstore

Nos1partstore

It's pretty easy actually....throw an aftermarket fuel injection on it

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. Jesse Bailey

Jesse Bailey

I can't tell if you're serious, or you really don't understand the forum rules after being a member for 6 years.

Deuces likes this.
  27. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

Deuces likes this.
  28. Didn't your LS post from yesterday get locked up? What will it take to make you happy ???

29. scrappybunch

scrappybunch
    from nj

And your out in 3,2,1...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.