Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1957 chevy interior kit suggestions???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nos1partstore, Jun 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nos1partstore

Nos1partstore

I just picked up this 57 this weekend. Can anyone suggest a good company to order a complete interior kit for it?

20180607_112538.jpg 20180607_112657.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. squirrel

squirrel

Neat car!

I'd suggest you get your priorities straight, get the body "solid" before worrying about the interior.

3. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

A 210 Hardtop; somewhat rare. Not as common/popular as the Bel Air models. Ciadella or CARS for interiors.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

Bah...……..get it running and roll with that bad boy

5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

The very last thing you should do to the car is the interior.

verde742, Moriarity and 56premiere like this.
  6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got to agree with Jim and sliceddeuce, you have a hell of a lot of work to do on that car before even thinking about an interior kit. Put the money where it counts, get it in good mechanical shape and get the body work finished and then think about the interior.

verde742 likes this.
  7. Nos1partstore

Nos1partstore

So everyone gave me their personal opinions on what i should do, but no one actually answered my question.

8. Nos1partstore

Nos1partstore

My priorities are building my budget, and that includes interior cost....come on man!

9. Nos1partstore

Nos1partstore

wvenfield likes this.
  10. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

verno30 likes this.
  11. squirrel

squirrel

Talk to local upholstery guys. Get an idea what they charge to make it the way you want.

Sent from my Trimline

12. Look at places like Danchuk to get an idea. But they do covers and door panels, 'vert tops, trim pieces. Probably the best bet if you want a more correct interior. You can buy the cover sets and have an upholstery shop install them or DIY.

3340 likes this.
  13. Ouch - rough crowd! I'd say looking ahead for costs before starting WAS having my priorities straight. Try our Tri-Fives threads to get a better idea about pricing and quality. '55-'57 Chevy...cars | The H.A.M.B.

14. wvenfield

wvenfield

Killer buy. This is the HAMB. Not a lot of guys buying stock kits.

15. Nos1partstore

Nos1partstore

16. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

Try LeBARON-BONNEY for stock or custom interiors.

17. squirrel

squirrel

yup, the HAMB is a hot rod and custom forum, so naturally most of our cars get custom interiors.

18. Danchuk has everything you need for your
    1957 Chevrolet 210 Sport Coupe[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    3340 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  19. .........................You can't beat a "stock" style interior in those cars.

brigrat, Baumi and chevy57dude like this.
  20. oldolds

oldolds

I feel your pain. I can do about everything on a car except stitch the interior. I can cover and assemble the seats. So everything else can be done as my budget allows, but interior kits are best bought at one time and take a big chunk of disposable income. The above suggestions were where I would look. I would guess there are only a couple of places really stitching the kits so your choices are not a great as it seems. I would bet there are at the most 3 places making the material. The biggest part of installing an interior is getting the seams where they belong. You learn how to do that the rest is easy.

21. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Ciadellas >.If you want they will match the materials , to your color choices. Using original styles. They made asset for me to install on a customers car that was a true red . Gina found the right color and used the matching cloth ,but with the silver and black cloth.

22. Gman0046

Gman0046

There are a lot of better choices then Danjunk for your 57 interior or any other parts for that matter. Almost all their stuff is made in China by small children. Poor fitment and quality. Saw a pair of their 56 Chevy tail light assemblies that are 1/4 inch shorter then OEM's.

Gary

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Chucky, belair and RRanchero Rick like this.
  23. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

I would pull out all seats, door panels, carpets, and maybe even the headliner. Put the seats in the rafters of your garage and throw in a pair of junk yard bucket seats. When everything has been redone, rebuilt, remanufacture, and repainted then worry about the interior. Don't be one of these guys who has a half finish car with 10,000 dollars worth of parts sitting in boxes, because you are not ready for them yet.

vtx1800 and stanlow69 like this.
  24. I'm close to doing the interior in my '59 Ford, the front seat is falling apart and it was done over maybe 30 years ago. I'll be happy with the seats and panels for now. The dash is painted, looks mint and the carpet is new. Another source, Stock Interiors. They had my carpet for a good price. I'll get a couple of prices locally, can't see buying a seat kit and nobody so far makes door panels for my car.

25. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

SMS makes panels for your doors. But expect a long wait.

26. 5window

5window

Very nice find.
    You decide what your priorities are and go from there.

Regarding Danchuk, they clearly state that they prefer to offer USA sourced parts, but that not everything they want to offer is made here and, if there's a choice, they'll offer both options. They make a pretty clear upfront statement and you can read all of it here: https://www.danchuk.com/Categories.aspx?Id=1c3a8784-e9dd-4c95-9474-6bd31c70efe5.
    Unfortunately, a lot of crap is made here at home and some of the foreign sourced stuff is pretty good, so I don't think a country of origin bias is universally warranted.

If you can, I'd truck over to the Tri-Five Nationals. There will be lots of vendors and lots of examples so you can see what you like first hand and can afford.
    https://www.thetrifivenationals.com/

Keep us posted.

traffic61, Special Ed and chevy57dude like this.
  27. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

Well golly g- whiz, This IS the HAMB...……….:D

belair likes this.
  28. 5window

5window

There was a time, long ago, Grasshopper, when "Fifty-Seven" was a four letter word on the HAMB and you'd get banned for saying " bil*et".

29. Ciadellas provided the interior for my '57 Bel Air convertible (since sold). The interior pieces were high quality and looked great. Great people to deal with as well. My entire interior including new foam was around $2200.

30. Gman0046

Gman0046

I've heard a lot of good things about Ciadella. My 63 Impala (avatar) has a complete new interior from Cars Inc. that I couldn't be happier with. IMG_0645-3.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.