Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Who 's knows who

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nasty Neil, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Probably, but nobody would like it.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  2. I would!

3. squirrel

squirrel

you just saw it. Screw up a few times, learn a few lessons, keep on going.

4. adam401

adam401

Guys when your looking for parts, just advertised to get scammed. Put an ad up saying you want someone to steal your money and instead you'll get great parts cheap. It confuses the thieves. Its called reverse psychology. Trust me

Scooterville likes this.
  5. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

6. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Stick around@ Nasty Neil. Nobody or nothing is perfect. The guidelines for this board are posted. Nobody can honestly say that they don’t know what they are, or how it works, if they READ THEM. Without the Guidelines this site wouldn’t be the success it has become. Ryan is protective of his creation, and rightfully so. BTW That’s a great COE. WE can all learn a lot from each other...so stick around. that’s my $.02. —-Lou

Scooterville likes this.
  7. I posted a want ad looking for those rare 1943 sky hooks. Still waiting for that PM lol.

8. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

I have a pair, but not for sale, that’s how I keep my pants up. lol

Scooterville likes this.
  9. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Dollars to donuts "Ernest" and Darryl" are not their real names and they're not in CA or NY. Did you know there's an app that allows the caller to enter any caller I.D. number he chooses (IE CA or NY area code)? There's no garnish molding.
    There's half a dozen glaring red flags in your starting post and those sort of warning signs should be obvious to you (no matter what your age) as potential scams, whether they're HAMB based or a conversation on the street. There is NO safe/scam free sanctuary in life for anyone of any age.

Scammers exist and continue to exist for one reason; because people keep falling for their scams. If everyone smartened up, they'd dry up and have to actually work a real job like the rest of us for a living.

Don't shoot the messenger, but you really need to educate yourself. Google "How to prevent being scammed".

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  10. alchemy

alchemy

For someone named "Nasty" you sure have a thin skin. I'd think you would be tougher. See ya.

Just Gary likes this.
  11. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thick skin ? Now, that's an understatement, Squirrel !

12. Mr Nasty..Now you can be a full fledged HAMBer.since Ryan has taken a piece of your butt..Thats his 'Thing" got on me a couple of times;;BFD..

13. blackout78666

blackout78666

Charles Wright answered a wanted ad I had put up looking for some 4.5x15 Halibrand wheels. 255 each. No rust (haha). Even gave an address in corpus cristi. Asked for pics and he replied that he didn't have access to a camera.... looked up his info and he joined the day before. No posts. Death to thieves.

14. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Scammers are every where. I place an ad for anything, any where & my phone lights up with text. I always specify "No Text". I get no less than 10 calls a day on my land line & cell offering great credit cards & supplemental health insurance - different phone numbers from all over the country - same people. ROBO & scammers all. I'm a 100% disabled retired vet so need no insurance but if your over 65 they call any way. Pay my credit cards in full every month but they still insist they can save me money on interest. So called "NO CALL LIST" are useless. If they weren't successful, they wouldn't do it !!

15. The process is already in place. It consists of don't buy anything from anyone that doesn't have at least XX posts and the posts must be car related not just for sale or wanted ads. If they don't have XX posts ask why (I once encountered a situation where a person had just changed their screen name). Also do a search on the person's name for information. Works for me.

Charlie Stephens

Scooterville likes this.
  16. HAHA! Someone replied to my 'sky hook' want ad. Looks like the conversation and user were removed already.
    So don't ever deal with someone that has that email that's listed.

fake wtb.jpg

55 Ford Gasser likes this.