Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Who 's knows who

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nasty Neil, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Nasty Neil

Nasty Neil

Charles Wright how well do you know Ernest May located in Ca. Doesn,t like Cash, won't take a check or money order,doesn't use Paypal and wants payment sent to someone named Darryl Patrick in NY.
    I was willing to send the money for a garnish molding but the Moneygram Co. he insisted on wouldn't
    send it cause they thought it was too risky. Is this guy in the country illegally, running from the IRS. I get a call @ six oclock this morning and can't understand a word the guys saying and finally figure out its Ernest May from Ca. Can't make heads or tasles on what he saying and he hangs up .What the#$%%^^^. And this guy has a 32 Ford Fordor drivers door garnish molding for sale? Go Figure..

2. squirrel

squirrel

which part of this scam is confusing? Did you put a "wanted" ad up, and he just happens to have exactly what you need?

oj, Squablow, 1927graham and 2 others like this.
  3. SCAM,don't send him a dime. HRP

zzford and olscrounger like this.

4. Nasty Neil

Nasty Neil

Yes I did, I guesss I'm gettin old. I didn't figure scammers hung out on the HAMB......

5. Deuces

Deuces

Tell the scammer to go get a job!!!......

lothiandon1940 and olscrounger like this.
  6. The Scammers watch this place like a hawk!

If someone seems suspicious ask questions here,I always look to see if the guy is a Hamber and has he been a member for a long time,your chances get much better of him being honest.

You might think about posting a ad on the Ford Barn also,be patient,something will pop up.

BTW,which moulding are you looking for? HRP

lothiandon1940 and olscrounger like this.
  7. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

Eyekanimaginyuuhadquitethehardtymeunderstandinwuthewuzsayin

8. So many red flags. Listen to all the others here.

zzford likes this.
  9. I like to send 'em pecker pics' .... to weed 'em out, but that's just me. Attack as you feel fit.

10. You ain't right,but I like the idea. :cool: HRP

11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

This ain't your fathers Oldsmobile!

12. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Paraphrasing here.

When you're looking at parts through rose colored glasses, red flags just look like flags.

Nostrebor, 117harv, tommyd and 3 others like this.
  13. catdad49

catdad49

Sure it's not Ernest T...............Bass!

billy_badass1979 likes this.
  14. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

They are EVERYWHERE.

Report their accounts to the moderators if they have them.

Don't put your email address or phone number in ads.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  15. Nasty Neil

Nasty Neil

Notreallyeyespeakfuckedupfluidlentlyernest

Stogy, Deuces and Clay Belt like this.
  16. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

What do you do when they send some back, and want to meet up with ya?:eek::eek:

zzford and Clay Belt like this.
  17. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I put up a wanted ad for a 1940 Chevrolet frame (1 yr only) on the hamb, I recieved 5 responses. They were all BS'ers. Actually found one on Craig's list Phoenix...lucky find.

18. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Well that was a close one. Glad you didnt get burnt, and thanks for posting. It seems scammers have a plethora of '32 garnish moldings in stock.

Scooterville likes this.
  19. Wow. I thought you were being sarcastic. You actually didn't have a clue?

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I quit posting parts wanted adds a long time ago because just about the only responses I got were scammers. I can't even remember the last time I actually scrolled though the classifieds.
    I'd say that if you are responding to a parts wanted add set the part on the front page of that day's local/regional paper where the prospective buyer can see the date and a headline that they would know or could easily check. Hard to fake that.
    That might be a good thing to request from a prospective seller too.

21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks humor is good for the heart...:D
    As long as your monies still in your pocket
    I'm happy and will continue chuckling...

22. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I'll go look up the fucker if you can get a good address in SoCal..

23. Nasty Neil

Nasty Neil

NOPE, Im new to the HAMB and don't do sarcasm when I'm trying to get help or find a hard to get part. I spend a lot of time on the Vintage Kart site. We restore and race early 60s racing karts. Very little scamming goes on cause we really try and help each other out. I guess I'm showing my age. I never figured anyone would bother scamming someone over a $ 155.00 garnish molding. I just figured he didn't like banks,didn't do computers very well and been burnt on PAYPAL. Considering he or it was the only reply I got I ran with it till it was obvious I was being played.

Scooterville likes this.
  24. Nasty Neil

Nasty Neil

Dave I 'd go myself if I thought I could find him or it was worth the trouble. He'd be typing with a stub when I left..

Flathead Dave likes this.
  25. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Western Union Money Orders ,
    Money Gram Money Orders .......
    send to a different guy ...

ALL SCAMS !

( Don’t, under any circumstances send anything )

26. Nasty Neil

Nasty Neil

Thanks for the Headsup, I didn't realize scammer's populated a site like the HAMB and they were so prolific that I'd get hit on my attempt to find a hard to get part. So far in my short time as a member I've be scammed, balled out by Adm. Ryan for relying to a guy implying that I already had a 32 Fordor and was just trying to find out what my Fordor was worth. Just cause I used a picture of a Highboy Fordor for my Avatar doesn't mean I own one. He didn't need to waste the time stating that I was just trying to use the HAMB to assess my cars value. He was a DICK making such a accusation and why bother. My reply was far less acidic than his , and I get called an asshole by marshall Ryan.
    Anyway thanks to all for helping set a value for a the 32 Fordor missing its drivers door garnish molding. I had agut feeling what I thought it was worth from watching the market, but the relys to my question helped me take the plunge.
    I bought the Fordor in the picture and I'll make a garish molding out of a United Pacific 5 window repop. Sorry for offending anyone. I'm done with the HAMB.

Mr48chev, thought you might enjoy a pic of my 48 GMC COE I sold at Scottsdale last Jan. its funding my Fordor build.

Attached Files:

27. NOTHING on a 32 Ford is only $155.

41woodie likes this.
  28. squirrel

squirrel

heh....you got the hard part over with, now you can enjoy the place. Stick around! but don't try to buy stuff by placing "wanted" ads, and keep your cool around Ryan and the other moderators. You'll be fine. There's lots of good info here...but you might need a thick skin (and some time getting to know the place) to get the most out of it.

powrshftr and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  29. Is there any way The HAMB can come up with some kind of unique process to go through before being able to become a HAMB member?

48fordnut likes this.