Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Road Trip - HR Power Tour 2018

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Gersic, Jun 3, 2018.

1. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Bowling Green, Kentucky
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Hoover / Birmingham, Alabama
    Atlanta, Georga
    Florence, South Carolina
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Concord / Charlotte, North Carolina

Anybody here going? There’ll be plenty of OT cars, so it’s nice to see H.A.M.B. friendly rides too.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. WTF really

WTF really

Got a really busy weekend but believe I'll be in Chattanooga Sunday.

3. Leaving Thursday am. Hoping to make bowling green Friday pm. Driving my 53.

Love to meet up on the road.
    Seth. Pm for contact info.

Attached Files:

4. 56shoebox

56shoebox

I did the tour in 2006. It was a lot of fun. Enjoy!

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Roger that.
    Did it in 97, Los Angeles to Mt. Clemens Michigan (Detroit) but first had to drive from Portland to L.A. The kickoff party at the Petersen was a real high point.

6. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Stop by Big Oak Garage on 278 in Hokes Bluff Al. Setting up to watch em go by.I hope to be there.
    They are some really cool folks!!!

David Gersic likes this.
  7. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Just a heads up, they are going to AMS, which is in Hampton, Ga., not Atlanta. Much like Atlanta Dragway is in Commerce, Ga. js

8. Would love to try it some day. Hope those that do will post some pics.

9. DC40

DC40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    Deuces and rjones35 like this.
  10. chubbie

chubbie

^^^^^^ 40 Ford followed by 200 late model cars is a typical picture. 90% of the cars are late model . and they drive like they are 16 years old, burn out at EVERY corner many cars passed us doing 100+ MPH. we call it "the trip from HELL" You will see MORE mini vans with donk type RIMZ then old cars not to mention HAMB friendly. I asked a guy that was parked by us why there were so many cars with paper plates in the back window? He said they call a local dealer and buy any thing they can find, Vett, mustang, Camaro, Challenger, SUV???? fly in … do the power tour and sell them and fly home. that doesn't count the rental cars! I don't care to cruise with a bunch of rich wanna be "hotroders"

Deuces and seb fontana like this.
  11. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Did it in 2016. Yeah a lot of late models, but everyone was great, made tons of friends on the way and had no issues with people acting an ass...True there isnt as many traditional hotrods on the tour, alot of muscle cars for sure. I rolled about 80 mph in my old truck, straight axle and all for the longhaul...
    56-3.jpg

Deuces, Floater03 and David Gersic like this.
  12. chubbie

chubbie

Stubbs, Yes if we would park together we'd hit it off, i'm sure. We already have a lot in common. Just wanted to inform the uninformed. I talked to a friend that went in '16 and he called his experience "trip from Hell" we laughed and laughed be cause that's what we called it... SOO I guess we are still hav'n fun from the P T!!
    You get this whole stack of "cards" redeemable at the venders. Turn them in and they give you a "prize". GOOD DEAL so we would do this and they were." sorry all out" I did get a pan that you could change oil in, or water for the dog. Dog liked it till I had to change oil, he's no longer constipated.

13. DC40

DC40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Three of my friends from South Florida are going. One is driving a 32 Ford 3 window, one in a 40 Ford convertible and one in a 65 Corvette. The one in the Corvette will be on his 5th and his 3rd long haul. At least there will be a few cars that aren’t late models.

Floater03, chargin03 and David Gersic like this.
  14. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

So, instead of an 8 day road trip through some good scenery, meeting up with car guys and girls of all interests, you’d rather stay home? Have fun with that plan.

Hnstray likes this.
  15. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

I’ll post some. I’ll have to filter out the non H.A.M.B. friendly stuff, of course.

seb fontana and TFoch like this.
  16. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

sr1-fb-cover-photo-2.jpg

Couldn’t make the long haul last year, had to drop out at Indy (not enough vacation days from work). Will be doing the whole thing this year, though. Just finished washing last weeks bugs off, getting ready to pick up some more bugs next week.

Get out and drive ‘em...

Floater03, Legends47 and TFoch like this.
  17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I really wanted to do one of the early ones when they drove cross country from LA and there were only a few hundred cars at most but have no desire to be in a rolling parking lot with a bunch of guys with a low common sense level. I can tow my Bayliner through rush hour traffic from Everett to Tacoma on I 5 and get all of that I want.

chubbie likes this.
  18. chubbie

chubbie

NO we don't stay home! I did PT Now we look for other things to do! we have 40,000 miles on that 327 in the model A...30,000 on Chubbie. Black hills Rod run is sounding good this year again, maybe Iowa highway 6 cruise again. Mr. 48chevy said it all!! all the fun stops when the road turns into a parking lot. PT loves to tour all the hotrod tour through every city. watch your maps and take the loop around, you WONT be alone!

19. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

I can deff say 16 was as hot as hell. only one of the days I was under 110 inside the cab, some days 115...

Yeah chubbie we probably would hit it off great man.

20. chubbie

chubbie

2010 PT it was hot too. I used spray cans for my upholstery , it was so hot it all let go!! There we were with headliner and the radio console hanging down! HAA! OK not so funny then.

21. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Who says you have to follow the "convoy"? Hook up with some like minded folks and take your own route from destination to destination, picking out your own points of interest along the way. Just a suggestion from someone who knows the drill.

chubbie likes this.
  22. 545 miles of driving with my 11 year old daughter makes for lots of dead bugs. And we haven’t even started yet.

With all due respect.... screw the museum piece, wipe your car with a diaper, don’t touch nonsense. Get out there and get em dirty.

Proud to have just drove a 1953 Chevy 545 Miles alone. 3 on tree and torque tube. 235 stovebolt. Only concessions to moderna was Ac and disc brakes.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Deuces, TFoch, Stooge and 2 others like this.
  23. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Yeah right. 2 lane road, old car. don't get much better!! Give me the low down on the camera please.

24. GoPro on window

25. 740 miles down.

26. Anyone going to bowling green I have tickets and entry #95. Have had to change plans. Pd 75.00 will take 60.00 north ga.
    Message me if interested

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

27. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Bandwidth at hotel almost non existent. Will have to wait to post pics until I get home. Seeing plenty of H.A.M.B. friendly cars, though. More than last year. Lots of muscle cars, old and new. No mini vans, with or without donk rims.

Legends47, Floater03 and chubbie like this.
  28. 07A43952-6E75-45EB-BBA0-4ACA2A401B3F.jpeg 1425 miles later, my daughter and I are home safe. Car did magnificent. Aside from one gas issue ( someone provided me with a tank of milky gasoline full of debris) we didn’t have to grab as much is a screwdriver. All in all we were on the road for seven days, averaging 200 miles a day. For most of the drive I got better than 20 miles per gallon.

Skipping this trip because you’re afraid of Corvettes is stupid. It is what you want it to be. If I wanted ice cream, I stopped. When I wanted to go see Talledega, we got off the highway for an hour and did the museum. I think the mistake that most people make is they get in a rush to get from point a to point B. It’s about the drive, not the destination. I don’t need to see the same car is at a car show every day for a week.

I’m quite proud of the fact that for all those miles, my 11-year-old navigated and learn how to read roadsigns and a map. We never once got on the highway if we didn’t have to and very rarely broke 60 miles an hour. My little 130 hp, three on the tree, closed rear just did her thing.

29. Great experience for your daughter! Glad you two got to enjoy that time together, Priceless!