Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest ANOTHER SCAMMER ABOARD THE FORUM

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vtwhead, May 28, 2018.

1. So I am looking for a Highland QC and this fella signs on Tuesday, PM's me that he has all the parts to help me out . A few emails back and forth and now he sends me 7 pics of a complete rare Highland with finned drums for $500 + the shipping. Oh and I can send the funds via WalMart, really!
    raceboy328 @gmail is his reported address which I have received emails from.
    Google raceboy328 and he is all over the web as a scammer on other auto forums so watch out HAMB'rs.

2. Let Ryan know!!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Sounds like neither of you know shit from shinola....A HIGHLAND q.c.????? must be DAMN rare..i'm 85 and never heard of one after spending my lifetime in that industry

4. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Didn't Highland QC used to be a Hoffman company?

Jet96 and zzford like this.

5. Thanks K13....I had never heard of this before...from reading it,was a cobble togather and not a TRUE quick change..

6. @Ryan for scammer awareness.

7. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

what is his hamb name? did you do a report on him?

8. This site REALLY needs to setup some kind of way to keep these losers from being able to become a member.

6inarow likes this.
  9. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Boy, you are suffering from 'Sometimers' or CRS.

Highland was a product of 'Pappy' Hough pronounced Huff. He was a real guy. Fabricated QCs from 3/4 ton 'Timken' rear ends. I'm told he preferred the ones from Divco milk trucks.

I have identified at least 70 different manufactures of Quickchanges.

Continue comments in Quick Change Quickchange thread here.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/quick-change-quickchange.951136/

10. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

The Hamb is a great site for many reasons and exposing crooks is just one of them.

Back 5 or 8 years ago it was someone on the Hamb that contacted me and asked me if I sold my products to a guy from Chandler, AZ who ran the old Fords Parts Mining Company and when I said yes he told me the guy was a crook and had taken money from many different people including other vendors.

I knew this guy as Nathan Cooper not even sure if that was his real name but every time I shipped an order to him and would call and say he never received it which was a lie.
    Thanks to the Hamb and the people on it I cut the guy off and refused to sell him anything else.

Jimbo

11. dan31

dan31

why is it that it seems like all scammers use gmail?.

12. HA, that's funny right there!
    Here is a pic of the subject for reference......what do they say, you are never to old to learn something new:)
    highland.JPG

the guy has signed on as Mike Howard. Says he is from Elizabeth, NJ but too busy to answer the phone so no number offered.
    And yes I am sending a report on to the boss.

seabeecmc, Deuces, rjones35 and 3 others like this.
  13. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

Must be a regional thing. If your not from New England area you never heard of them.

Highland machine was out of Springfield, Mass and made quick change rear ends for a lot of the local circle track guys and most were made from the 3/4 ton ford truck stuff.

Cliff Ramsdell

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Mike Howard is banned

15. He tried to sell me some Mallory stuff. Glad I did not take the bait and he’s gone.

16. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Highland Machine also made a 1/2 ton quickchange, looked just like a Halibrand. In fact the back covers interchanged. Back in the 80s my buddy and I bought a bunch of parts, enough for three quickchanges, at Thompson Ct flea market. We put one in our flathead Fiat altered, one went to a local buddy Will Sullivan for his '33 roadster and the third one is still kicking around seacoast NH I think. And I agree, if you aren't from New England, you probably never heard of them.

john walker and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Just wonderin'........does crow, especially when baked into a humble pie, taste like chickin' ? :D

don't take this too seriously, wbrw32.........I've had my turn at the table on more than one occasion..;)

Ray

18. Hahahaha,I generally just consider the source..add a little salt and pepper,then.....all gone

Hnstray likes this.
  19. I've had my share enough times that I have an easy bake recipe. BW_AyK1IMAAnXfD.jpg

Chavezk21, sidevalve8ba and Hnstray like this.
  20. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hmmm... ;
    If that crow were fixed by Granny Clampett, you'd probably be craving it. :D .
    Marcus...

21. You guys don't know shit from apple butter!
    Never heard of shinola so there is No such thing as shinola

I've been polishing turds since Noah parked his ark.
    image.jpeg

22. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That pie looks disgusting! Yuck!

23. Deuces

Deuces

I can smell it from here..... :confused::eek::confused:

24. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've never heard of a Highland either....but then I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night. :rolleyes:

25. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

We should go back to a little info on the person and a location on their avatar. Then limit selling till they get so many post. Read the newby post.

abe lugo likes this.
  26. No body would make any of that up. Intro, location, vocation, blah blah
    Post count? Hi, welcome to the Hamb. Copy and paste 100 times.
    Do you know what would work?

Alliance members can post ads.
    Members who go off Hamb for corespondance are asking for trouble.
    Post your contact info in an ad and you're looking for some idiot to try any scam on you.

27. Roothawg

Roothawg

I put up a wanted ad for an Offy 3x2 for my Caddy and within 4 hours he contacted me. He said he had it and could give me anything I needed if I just provide a list. Huge red flag!