Register now to get rid of these ads!

Termites and Bowties- Early Chevy Group

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29bowtie, Jan 7, 2009.

1. trunk lid on ebay sold 1350.00 by tiger jones

Joseph Allen likes this.
  2. madmike3434

madmike3434

somebody really needed a good one and was willing to pay up for it. 1933---1935 Chevrolet body parts are bringing a premium. Funny that a 33 standard right ? front NOS sat on ebay at $400 for a while......mike

Joseph Allen likes this.
  3. . I bought a lid not long ago from a guy whose grandfather smashed his car and kept the lid . Handle with key , trunk hinges and rumble seat back and paid a 1000.00 and I thought I was overspending !!!
    It is as close to NOS as you will find .

Joseph Allen likes this.
  4. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Every time I see these kinds of prices for the kinds parts you couldn't get rid of 20 tears ago I think of the May West quote, " I gave a million dollars worth away before I found out I could sell it." :rolleyes:

5. jgrohio

jgrohio
    from NE Ohio

Until I bought this 30 I never even thought of why I don't see many old Chevy's at shows. I'm still shocked how hard it is to find things for these cars

Joseph Allen likes this.
  6. Joseph Allen

Joseph Allen

I’m still looking for a trunk latch assembly if anyone ever runs across one

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. madmike3434

madmike3434

www.iandireproductions.com had a bunch of the coupe trunk lid lock assembly 1933---1935 and the latch reproduced, was under $100. Maybe also..... The Filling Station might have some. I have not seen any on ebay for 6 months .

mike lynch

8. madmike3434

madmike3434

9. Joseph Allen

Joseph Allen

Thank you ! I’m looking now

10. jgrohio

jgrohio
    from NE Ohio

I need a trunk handle for my 30 also

11. Joseph Allen

Joseph Allen

12. Joseph Allen

Joseph Allen

13. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Turbo57 and Joseph Allen like this.
  14. madmike3434

madmike3434

It did it to me too just now. G D F A_HOLES have these programs that switch out your search to other stuff rather than EXACTLY what your looking for.

Same thing with that travel thing velocity.com or the one that finds you a hotel , expedia.com ? Their system directs you to hotels where they get kick backs. TV story other day showed where this hotel in BC was shown as full for all the days the person wanted , but was less than 1/2 full booked for days the person wanted. The system is trying to direct you away to hotels they work with. The 1/2" full booked hotel did not work with them. Now are suing them for damages. Of coarse the search company claims its just a glitch..............ya sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the words of Jesse James Bike builder.......PAY UP SUCKER.

mike lynch

Joseph Allen likes this.
  15. Joseph Allen

Joseph Allen

How did you all weather strip your doors, I figured out they only did the top and the bottom , that’s not going to work

16. Anyone else ever have parts put away, and when you need them, you can't find them?
    4 days searching, and i give up. Looking for Tie rod clamps, can't find a part number/cross reference number. Seems no one offers them for early 30's chevys??? Anyone know where to get them, will ford one's work?
    They are for a 32 tie rod. Seems '27 and up would work. they measure about 1 1/16" diameter
    Or maybe someone has a spare set they would sell?

17. madmike3434

madmike3434

For 33-35 Chevrolets weather stripping doors. You have the cloth cord that surrounds the door opening on the inside, it gets upholstered , whipcord ?? windlass ??? name escapes me
    The vent window rubber.
    Other than that Lynn Steel makes a special rubber that fits into the window riser glass channel and you push the metal over it to hold in place. Its sold by the foot. When you wind the window up all the way the L shaped rubber fits against the bottom of the door glass opening. See if I can find it again on their online catalogue

The window channel that surrounds the glass and allows it to go up and down smoothly, lynn steel may sell it or many other early chevy parts suppliers.....I AND I repo, the filling station

mike

Turbo57 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  18. madmike3434

madmike3434

19. Joseph Allen

Joseph Allen

IMG_9677.JPG IMG_9678.JPG i have all the window Chanel and rubber for the wing windows, I have no ideas where to get the other stuff

20. here is a shot of the windlace the upholsterer made when he did the interior and a shot of how well it seals the doors. 20150831_123035_resized.jpg ted 020.JPG

Turbo57, TFoch, Fern 54 and 2 others like this.
  21. Joseph Allen

Joseph Allen

22. Joseph Allen

Joseph Allen

23. madmike3434

madmike3434

told you where..........iandireproductions in calif or *the filling station* in Oregon also has printed catalogue , or direct source LYNN STEELE RUBBER. Order their printed catalogue and mark everything you need and phone them up with credit card in hand and get it all. They make everything needed in rubber we chevy guys need.

They also have running board ANTI SQUEEK that goes between the top of the running board and the bottom of the car and fills the gap that's there.

mike lynch............. bought my first set of vent window rubber in 1972 , still on car.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  24. madmike3434

madmike3434

Spotted a 1933 Chevrolet PHAETON for sale on ebay USA from Maryland......asking $11,500. Was listed yesterday . Car is right hand drive from Argentina. No idea if made in USA Tarrytown Ny or assembled in Buenos Aries gm assembly plant.
    Appears to have dual side mounts , luggage rack in rear. Seller says 90% of wood is there.
    I would only buy this if I was to look at car in person.

mike lynch

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy, Fern 54 and Joseph Allen like this.
  25. madmike3434

madmike3434

I posted in the VCCA vintage Chevrolet club of America how I would like to put an IFS in the 33 tub, a 327 auto or stick and 10-12 bolt rear and replace the roof.

Thought they would be calling for my head on a plate...............not a peep yet after 8 hours ........lmao

mike lynch
    ear

wood remover, Fern 54 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  26. I seen that post over there Mike , and thought OH OH HERE WE GO !!!!! LOL

27. madmike3434

madmike3434

I cannot believe they are not going nuts and threatening to draw and quarter me. Guess all the geezers are having naps and not reading the posts. Since they switched the server and redid the site its really slow over there.
    By the way, I like that 33 tub way more than the 32 Landau design.

Oshawa produced 0 for domestic sales but 66 for export most likely to Australia or England Europe.

mike lynch

28. madmike3434

madmike3434

well at my urging the seller has posted more pictures of the car, nice crunch on the L F fender and wonder of wonders turns out the car is not in MARYLAND , but down in florida. Sometimes I wonder about these supposed people selling cars and parts, if they JUST GOT OUT OF CLOWN SCHOOL ????? Failed the I Q test and are passing themselves off as legitimate business people.
    Its a gong show folks.

I still think its a good deal tho.

mike lynch

29. I really like the tubs too. But really just want a surviver car , Could have bought the 34 tub from Randy ?? I actually have a 27 model T touring car with a 40 ford front and rear axles and a flathead 60hp engine .Havent driven it in years , but was entertaining getting it out this summer .

30. madmike3434

madmike3434

Joe I took a look at that 34 tub Randy has/had, unless you have suffered a head concussion why would you want to inflict that pile of hurt on yourself ??????? In my worst nightmare I wouldn't touch that car.
    That 33 tub on ebay is running and drivable, needs a top and a few pieces of wood to strengthen the body, its only $11,500 US . and appears to be all there. Needs a pair of original running boards. This would easily qualify as a survivor car.

Depending on the event , the 27 tub with V8 60 hp 37-40 ford v8 might find it an interesting piece.

mike