Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs DO NOT BUY FROM PATRICKS ANTIQUE TRUCK PARTS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gloria T S, May 25, 2018.

1. Gloria T S

Gloria T S

Patrick is not delivering. We ordered a gear kit for our 1952 chevy in March 2018. March 12th Patrick's took payment of 650 from my account. He told me that the parts would be delivered in couple of weeks. To this day, I have never received any parts. I have called over and over just to be told that it will be another 7 to 10 days. It's been almost 3 months now. I finally spoke to patrick about a refund.I spoke to Patrick, his son and his wife. After all these conversations , I told him I would get an attorney. He called back last week and provided me with a confirmation number for the deposit. As of today, still no refund. I called again and was told by someone named Greg that patrick is in the hospital this week and asked me to call next week. I think you can see the pattern here. This is a lesson learned for me. DO NOT BUY FROM PATRICKS. They have great reviews, but the reality is they do not deliver and did not provide the parts. They buy in bulk and promise lower prices, but it's not worth the time, the lost money and the wasted time that you have to go through for something that you paid for.

Eli Brown, Hnstray and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Several threads about Patricks lately. You're not the first to find out the hard way....

Gloria T S likes this.
  3. Bear40

Bear40
    from Minnesota

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

August 20, 2017 the BBB / Better Business Bureau posted an alert about Patricks using false/misleading advertising

Jonnie King and Gloria T S like this.

5. If you paid by credit card, contact them and get a refund.

Eli Brown and Gloria T S like this.
  6. Gloria T S

Gloria T S

I tried that. No luck. They said they would refund but never did

7. Sucks, as he was the GUY for inline 6 Chevy stuff.
    Lots posted here and elsewhere lately about this.

Gloria T S likes this.
  8. 117harv

117harv

Joined the HAMB just to rip on a company? The internet is big and full of info, a quick search on any business will give you info to help you decide to purchase or not.

9. Gloria T S

Gloria T S

And? I'm not just ripping on a company. He took my money and did not deliver the parts.

10. Gloria T S

Gloria T S

Yes, that's what I heard. Maybe at one.point the service was good. I just want my refund

11. 117harv

117harv

I get that you're angry, but the thread title should have read, ( my experience with Patricks Antique Truck Parts) not "do not buy".

There are many negative threads here on several people/companies, sad, but in this new world you just can't hide, is this good or bad? Again, it's up the to the customer to do their homework. Sorry you are having a bad time with said company, hope your parts or $$$ make it back to you.

12. kruzin karl

kruzin karl

13. Your credit card promised a refund but never did?

hrm2k likes this.
  14. Sporty45

Sporty45

Yeah, I caught that too. Sounds kinda fishy to me

prewarcars4me and hrm2k like this.
  15. There are so many GREAT folks in our hobby, it sucks when some don't deliver as promised. I hope you
    get a resolution that is acceptable to you.

God Bless
    Bill Squires(owner)
    Bill's Auto Works

16. I'm betting they paid by debit card from them saying "$650 was taken from my account". Never had a credit card not step in.

Sporty45 likes this.
  17. kruzin karl

kruzin karl

I beg to differ with you, I think a post like this could save someone from losing hard earned money. I would even consider reading this thread as doing research on the company.

K A, Hnstray and F&J like this.
  18. Gloria T S

Gloria T S

19. Gloria T S

Gloria T S

Well, I said do not buy as a warning. If u choose that's on you. But yea I'm mad $650 that he took and still no parts

K A, Hnstray, prewarcars4me and 2 others like this.
  20. Is there not a time limit to stopping payment on a credit card ?
    If Patrick’s led them on long enough is it not out of credit companies hands?
    Not sure on this

21. F&J

F&J

Good on you for posting the way you did.

22. I think it should still be possible to dispute a charge since it's been less than 90 days. I think I've even went longer than that and got a refund. The credit company just has to investigate the charge you're disputing. It usually doesn't take that long.

23. Actually, I think you've been pretty level-headed about this so far. Usually in a thread like this there's been a couple hollow threats of bodily harm by this time. One way or another I hope you get this worked out sooner instead of later.

24. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm a little confused here. Did Patrick's say they would refund on your credit card? If so, you already know the answer.

What we are talking about is disputing the charge with your credit card company. I'd bet you won't get your money from Patrick's directly but you should be able to get your money through your credit card company. Just call Visa or AMEX or whomever you used and tell them a vendor has not shipped your items nor has refunded your money. It is fairly easy to do.

25. Budget36

Budget36

Ya, but it's good to keep a reminder up...how else does the word get out?

Sure we'd like everyone to search, but post's like this will keep things fresh in everyone's mind.

gas pumper and F&J like this.
  26. motion guru

motion guru
    from yacolt, wa

This has been Patrick’s MO for ever and a decade. Same story on several other forums catering to inline 6 Chevy and GMC engines. I have been to Patrick’s and listened to the phone ring and ring and excuse after excuse given by Patrick, his wife and son with nary a blush as they bs’d customer after customer.

gas pumper likes this.
  27. Kaliforniaman

Kaliforniaman

I was in Casa Grande and stopped by Patrick's, it does not look like he is in business anymore. The building is still there, but the yard is being cleared out and nobody has answered the phone in months. Patricks.jpeg

RusTnut and gas pumper like this.
  28. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Maybe they finally got caught up with?

29. alchemy

alchemy

Anybody still waiting on parts (and paid already) is out of luck now!

30. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama