Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Cheap lacquer thinner!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sporty45, May 16, 2018.

1. Sporty45

Sporty45

mike bowling, Montana1 and F&J like this.
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

If it is still good in a week you got a good deal. Bob

3. Sporty45

Sporty45

I've used Klean-Strip brand in the past with no issues. Had cans that sat partially used for weeks on end. Like I said, just for cleaner.

4. You guys aren't suggesting that the can of lacquer thinner I've had for 30 years might not be up to snuff anymore, are you? :)

5. Sporty45

Sporty45

:D ;)

6. If your'e shooting under-body sealer (the thick black gunk), or something that is going to sit in your backyard,"gun wash" thinners is just as good as the real stuff.

zzford likes this.
  7. Good for cleaning off adhesive and cleaning parts. I buy the same thing in a gallon and pour it into a quart can I work out of.

8. About 12 at Wally Mart... Still a good deal here.

9. 1934coupe

1934coupe

You should buy all they got at that price! I was in Lowes Saturday looking at the same 5 gal can and it was $67. I just checked now online and it is $67.18 I have a can like "center of the galaxy" and it's good for what I use it for, basically cleaning stuff. Don't forget to ask for your "military discount"

Pat

Sporty45 likes this.
  10. Sporty45

Sporty45

Walmart was $18 here last time I went!

11. Sporty45

Sporty45

It was marked on the shelf as originally being $67, but was on special here. Guess it's a regional pricing deal?

12. One of our local auto body paint suppliers sells 5 gallons of automotive grade lacquer thinner for $30

13. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

It's cheap because it has water in it. I'm done using it for anything.
    I'd rather buy thinner rather than thinner/water.

The37Kid likes this.
  14. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I am beginning to think my hardware store sees me coming. I have been paying $29.00 a gallon.

Three Widow's Garage likes this.
  15. Buddy of mine buys 2/3 55 gallon barrels a month, sells me 5 gallon (I supply the can and pump it my self) for a buger lunch and a beer, about 15 bucks.

16. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

I noticed the other day a "Gallon" of outdoor latex paint at our hardware store isn't even a gallon. All the retail products practically are playing this game of downsizing the quantity while making the container appear the same, it's pretty fucked up. All the twee packaging means less product takes up more room. And the consumer pays for that too, shelf space and product placement is high $$$

17. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

:mad::mad:
    I know what you mean. I bought a gallon of body filler and a gallon of primer surfacer and they were both 3/4 full. :mad:

18. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Like the dimples in the underside of bottles such as Gatorade that take up a couple of ounces of space.

I think that all started with the 13 oz. 'one pound' can of coffee.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-pound-of-coffee-07-03-2003/

Sporty45 and Truck64 like this.
  19. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

I've been meaning to buy a digital scale, they are pretty cheap now and have plenty of uses for hot rodding.

But I want to make sure those bastards aren't shorting my bag of Doritos, stuff like that. I mean who checks that stuff? Nothing is sold by the pound anymore, not even coffee, and typically it's all some strange arbitrary weight e.g. "14.37 oz" that make it impossible to comparison shop between brands. Wankers.

zzford and reagen like this.
  20. zzford

zzford

I'm a tellin' ya, it's all a dirty commie plot!

Truck64, Sporty45 and F&J like this.
  21. Might be that the store didn't sell enough to justify keeping it in stock. So they slashed the price.

I found some platinum spark plugs for early Chevys at Rockauto for 3 bucks a while back. Not many being sold in that size these days.

Sporty45 likes this.