Register now to get rid of these ads!

Changing the Thumbnail Picture in the Cars for sale section

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by rottenleonard, May 14, 2018.

1. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Stogy likes this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Click Edit on post you want to edit. Then select More Options

You have to select and delete the picture which will be in text format when you edit the original post then click into the space where you deleted the pic you don't want and select full image on the pic you want there...I had two pics in this post...sometimes they show as a pic still and most of the time they show up as text like that I highlighted...

Delete.JPG

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  3. Over the last couple months or so I seem to have pages that occasionally don't load correctly or completely. Instead of showing the actual images it only displays the image links as shown above. Usually, hitting F5 or refreshing the browser will usually reopen the page with the images properly displayed. Or if you right-click over the image link there may be an option like "Open" or "Reload" Image.

But I can't really say if it's an issue with Firefox, the HAMB or my DSL connection.

Stogy likes this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@ClayMart he has a existing image at the top of his post which he wants to delete perhaps putting it lower in the ad.

Then re-load another pic where the other once was.

If you want the removed image removed as a thumbnail you must delete it also from the loading area below the post...

Last edited: May 15, 2018

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. I should have clicked the link to his ad and reread his post. I thought he meant he had an image link that wasn't opening. You're right... Time to click the "Edit Post" button and do a little corrective surgery. :oops:

Stogy likes this.
  7. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

Stogy likes this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now if your not using the pics you deleted and don't delete them from the area below your post where you select thumbnail or full image they will remain as a thumbnail in your post when you save it.

Select edit and select more options and find the thumbnail and delete it and save again and unwanted thumbnails in post will disappear.

@ClayMart is that thumbnail a duplicate of the top pic in the post?

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  9. Damn! I was hoping that nobody would notice that. :mad:

It's a screen capture that I uploaded to my album accidentally that I decided not to use in that post. I didn't insert it as a full size image in the post and figured it would just "go away" on its own instead of appearing in thumbnail view.

Well let's see what we can do about that. :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    Stogy likes this.
  10. Sho' 'nuff! That fixed it. :p Thanx!

Stogy likes this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is a lot of work involved to actually execute and visually explain these manouvers. It is complicated by multiple ways of achieving the same result. Hopefully this helps those that are dealing with this.

Good stuff...@ClayMart

ClayMart likes this.
  12. And of course it never hurts to have someone watching your back either. ;)

Actually, this seemed like a good excuse to experiment with a screen-shot add-on that I'd loaded into Firefox recently. It helps to show a bit of what's going on under the hood on these pages. And it makes it easier to show a walk-thru and explain how to "fine tune" some of the process. :cool:

Stogy likes this.