Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Antiquated update...

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Ryan, May 12, 2018.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

So, I've taken some shit for this new forum... But honestly, I kind of love it. In fact, I really love it... so I'm thinking this forum is gonna be permanent. If you have any ideas for making it better, this is the thread for your suggestions. So, let's hear it.

2. Thanks Ryan !
    I love it too.

nunattax likes this.
  3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

point out the people that gave you shit for it and I will personally kick their asses..... I think It rocks

4. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I'm liking it myself. I love seeing old things built years ago still being used. Much better than the throw away junk you buy now.

lowroller1 and Moriarity like this.

5. Roothawg

Roothawg

How could you not like it?

6. safetythird

safetythird

I'm a big fan of this new section.

I like to restore anything old.

CowboyTed and Surfcityrocker like this.
  7. The37Kid

The37Kid

I like it a lot, glad it will stay! I do have a question, if someone doesn't enjoy reading it why are the reading it? :confused: Bob

8. Ancient Iron

Ancient Iron

I'm with Moriarity on this one. Let them go elsewhere if this isn't to their liking...or suffer an ass-kicking...

Sent from my LG-H820 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces, Moriarity and F&J like this.
  9. F&J

F&J

Most old time Rod and Kustom guys/gals love all things old, or deco, or whatever time frame.

this IS a great idea.

Perfect question for any forum on the web. Common sense seems to have once been a vanishing thing in our Country, but THREE people above, wanting to "kick their assses" certainly gives me hope that our great Country will endure .;)

Vanness, Moriarity and The37Kid like this.
  10. WillyKJr

WillyKJr
    from Blackstone

Ryan, this forum is right in the H.A.M.B wheelhouse and should certainly stay. This forum has brought some dormant longtime members back into the fold and I for one am glad for that. The initial participation shows that many of us embrace the past in many aspects of our lives and are glad to share 'em. Even the evolving, random, non-categorized nature of the posts is currently attractive because you never know when you will end up "holy shit, THAT's cool" right out loud. No suggestions for changes from here.

11. F&J

F&J

Great thought...is it not what all of life's fun things or sights we might see, should do for any person?

Vanness and The37Kid like this.
  12. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

how about a classified section? i'm sure all that are interested have some stuff layin' around, I have lots.

13. wvenfield

wvenfield

I think it's cool also and it was a great idea to keep it separate from the main board. If you aren't interested it's easy to avoid. I think a lot of us have interests that converge outside of just the cars.

The only suggestion would be to make sure to weed out the Facebook kind of posts......"What are your favorite...........post them here".

woodz likes this.
  14. I get that some of the members may dislike this new addition to the hamb and they are entitled to their opinion but this forum has a separate heading and isn't being integrated into any part of the traditional hot rod/custom car sections,these guys that find fault with Ryan's newest forum really should thank him because this section gives a appropriate place for many post that usually ends up being deleted or sometimes being given a pass,now there should be less off topic post for them to complain about on the main board.

As for me,I really like this forum and it's interesting to see and hear what other members enjoy collecting,saving or using for recreation.

Thank You Ryan for adding Antiquated to the Hamb and I suppose a lot of credit should be given to Miller Cochran's new found interest in vintage campers but it's brought much,much more.

A classified section would be a plus.

Thank you. HRP

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  15. wicarnut

wicarnut

I also think it's a great Thread topic, the longer I have been on here, the more compassion I have for Ryan and the moderators as the "Bitchin & Moanin" over content seems to be growing steadily. I enjoy the HAMB forum, I try to stay within guidelines and it's not difficult is to pass over a post that you don't agree with. I have said this before, There is a percentage of miserable people that are all to eager to spread their misery.

The37Kid, HOTRODPRIMER and woodz like this.
  16. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

If some don't like it tell them to turn the channel .......................................................

17. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think it was a kick ass idea and I love it.
    I don't know many people that are into old cars of any type (hot rods, street rods, customs, motorcycles, British cars, low riders) that are not into old boats or furniture or gas memorabilia or something else along those lines.

I am very surprised to hear that anyone complained. Don't like it, don't look at it.
    There are lots of cars at shows that I couldn't give a flying fuck about, but I don't get mad that they are parked in my line of site! Just walk on by.

It's cool to see what others are doing in other areas. Gives me some ideas and allows me to share some of the other snuff I am into.

I too second, or third or fourth the classified section if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

dan griffin and wicarnut like this.
  18. catdad49

catdad49

Thanks for keeping it, you definitely have my vote. I.L.O.S. vvvv

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  19. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Too many cry babies here lately. They need to grow some nuts.
    Glad to hear its permanent Ryan.
    It seems like those that have created and added posts to this new forum have instinctively added the to the original subject matter on the first ever post of any given subject.
    Example. furniture, house, bicycles.
    I prefer that. Its easier to follow a subject I am interested in this way.
    Id like it to stay this way instead of cluttering up the front page that takes time to sift through.

20. This old geezer loves it too,Ryan...

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Like it, a lot of us old guys are interested in anything old.

22. Hey Ryan,
    Love it!! Keep it!!
    Just thinking,
    Maybe an Antiquated, For Sale section! Non car.
    But mid-century back (HAMB friendly date pre- '63)
    Bet you would get millions of listings! Many would be mine!

23. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

I now visit here daily.

F&J likes this.
  24. 55Deso

55Deso
    from Wyoming

Im loving this new section, Im glad you added it and am even more excited to see that it's sticking around. Im with @Moriarity on this one, point out the whiners and Im happy to break some skulls, and/or hips, whichever the case may be. The only change I would make, which has already been suggested by a couple others, would be the addition of a classifieds area. Thank you for doing what you do and providing us all with this platform.

Moriarity likes this.
  25. hotroddeuce

hotroddeuce
    from Mi

Thanks Ryan for this section it is Awesome! But it makes me want to collect more than I already do....I hope you keep it here.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  26. I too stop by once a day to look at the cool old shit.

27. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

28. Vanness

Vanness

Like that idea. It’s like a handpicked craigslist :)

Tony Martino likes this.
  29. Thanks Ryan, I've enjoyed this new form too. My Hot Rods are Keepers,{ as in life long keepers}. So my garage is full. So now I restore, and { play with } the smaller versions. Although I enjoy the main forum the best. It is nice to see all the COOL stuff, that HAMB'ers have collected. It's an all win for everyone, for those who don't like this stuff, now they don't have to look. But for the rest of us, we also don't need to feel bad, about posting our old junk.;) Ron.....

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    lothiandon1940 and jchav62 like this.