Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods One of my peeves

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodiewagon46, May 4, 2018.

1. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

I also hate it when I go to pee and two streams come out and I have to decide which one is going to make it in the toilet. The other day both of them didn't want to go in.

nochop, slim38, theHIGHLANDER and 3 others like this.
  2. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

I get pissed when I'm researching a problem I read through umpteen replies and I get to the bottom there is no solution. Total waste of time.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. BJR

BJR

You think you have problems? Yesterday I called the suicide hotline............... they put me on hold!

Thanks to Rodney.

4. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

I don’t get pissed off. Serves no purpose. I do however wonder what the original poster hoped to accomplish with this thread. Perhaps he could report back to let us know if it solved his problem.

5. gdaddy

gdaddy
    from nw fl.

was that after you had mashed the right number to get through ?

6. F&J

F&J

I missed this rant thread as I was out all day with the hotrod... I was in a great mood till I stopped just now to see my girlfriend at work...yep, her car is there,, I go in ask the coworker to tell her that I am here... That girl says she already left for the day...Oh, Oh, Cheating?? well maybe not, hmnnn, Friday night? ...Maybe her husband picked her up at work to have a nice meal out on the town! He is a nice guy, ya know?

There, I feel "all better now"...

I left a note in her car...to stir the pot..:oops::rolleyes:

then I sat "all lonely, & broken hearted" on my running board at Burger King...but the Food was pretty good!
    100_3291.JPG

7. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey
    from Moline IL

I fixed the problem by putting the lid down every time. Eventually the whole family started doing the same - now EVERYBODY has to lift something to go... no arguing.

chargin03, scotty t, pat59 and 2 others like this.
  8. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Or when it's just or almost as fast to look into the WWW (World Wide Web) to solve their question(s)/problems as it is to ask someone here...to do it for them.
    Like...what size tire will fit on this wheel ?
    Really..!? Go into most any larger tire company's web site and they'll have the answer.

That's one big thing the freaken internet is for...answering questions.

Mike

9. 392

Funny shit.

10. Deuces

Deuces

That's why I love this place... :D

11. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I just got done working on a car for a young lady, and when I got done she took the car and left. 2 weeks later I see her again and I said, I used to get a bag of peanut m&m's for fixing your car, she says ya I was going to but I didn't have time, just pick up a bag and I will pay ya back. So now after I spend my time working on her stuff, I have to spend my time going to the store to get paid. I think that the common courtesy in the world is gone.

Still haven't got my M&M's, insert sad face here.
    Tony

12. Deuces

Deuces

Here you go..... :(
    Been there too.... :(

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. spanners

spanners

I fixed the toilet seat argument by asking my wife early in our relationship why it was that with gender equality these days, women can't put the seat up for men? We are still happily married after 28 years and I don't get razzed for leaving the seat up. I dodged the Valentine's Day thing by asking her if she wanted my love and attention for 365 days or just one day of the year.
    Now, what was the original question?

14. Easy fix on the toilet seat thing... I only socialize with ladies with BIG asses. No way they can fall in.

But true, some here are clueless and just want the answer handed to them. You have to do serious homework to fix something most of the time. It takes effort.

15. jnaki

jnaki

Hey S,
    It isn't the gender equality issue, but who/what uses it the most in the house. So, there are more bu))$ that sit than standing. The numbers are in the "B's" favor. Down the seat it is...to keep peace in the family.

If there are only two people, the numbers are still in the "B" favor. Add in children, grandchildren and the odds get more in the "B's" favor. It is a never ending battle as far as numbers are concerned. Unless of course, you are in an all boys family, then the numbers are in your favor. But, one girl will skew the numbers the opposite way. Seat up has the votes.

Jnaki
    Peace in our family is a lot more important than lifting the seat. To score more points, cleaning before putting the lid back down is a plus, too.

Gawd...what a funny topic.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  16. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

His and hers bathrooms at my house solves all the gender issues. The Gals don't have to worry about a lid left up and the Guys don't have to take a hair dryer out of the sink to shave.

Not circling back to a thread and thanking the crowd and sharing your end result is just plain rude. It's the same as not replying to a voicemail, email or PM.
    What peeves me is when an O/P asks for help, but won't consider anyone's feedback. They insist on sticking to their guns. We've had O/P's post pictures of life threatening photos such as bodies unsafely suspended from rafters or stacked on cinder blocks and they won't heed the warnings or advise. It's as if they can't/won't admit they're wrong.
    There's a LOT of rudeness in today's society-just take a drive down the road and count how many people don't signal, cut you off, tailgate you and pull through out of turn at a 4 way stop.
    When I was young, my Parents used to say "it was their upbringing" and they were right. Problem is, we fast forward 40 years and we're now seeing 2nd and 3rd generation unrefined rudeness (and gang banger's) making it a common place occurrence (bordering on the norm).

Hnstray, catdad49 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Better to be "pissed off" than "pissed on".......

scotty t and trollst like this.
  18. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

When you're old you don't ask if anybody wants to hear, you just tell them, over and over and over.

19. Terrible80

Terrible80

The way I look at it , it would be nice and courteous to let us know the final fix. But , I still learn from the advice given by others for anyone given problem. If I expect people to live up to any standard, I'm doomed to be disappointed. Hell, maybe the guy's still out test driving not sure if he got it really fixed or not.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and Old wolf like this.
  20. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Toilet seats? Well, there's secrets us men learn along the way. Each decade you're told a new one by the caring friends who got there before you. Once past the 5th decade you learn "never trust a fart" , past the 6th decade you learn "put the seat down for yourself as well". One thing I'll share for all ages, and it works, is what to say shortly after "I do." I gave Mrs Highlander 3 chances after we were wed, and after the 3rd time telling her "It's official" in different ways she asked why I kept repeating it. "To give you 3 chances." "To change my mind?" "Nope." "Then what?" "I'm the boss, I called it." Were together now some 28 years, I've played the boss card about 6 times and it sticks.

There you go, a solution to a problem shared. ;)

scotty t and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. The technical term is "Snake Eyes".

22. canning

canning

Mine wait til I've pulled my pants back up.

23. Funny shit going on here...... So- for the pissing match= that's what a special section of the fence is for. Spray away. When in the homestead= aim wisely;). Or go for the 100%'er, and sit your ass down.
    If a Q is asked about something, and not how to add oil to my engine, generally- 17 different answers, 4-5 are spot on, 4-5 are my uncles next door neighbor had one, and the rest are just way off in left field.
    I always appreciate when someone comes back to their original post, replies with the problem solved, and shares that info as to solution......

Hnstray and Donuts & Peelouts like this.
  24. the oil soup

the oil soup
    from Tucson,AZ

They are not charging you the same price, you're doing the cashiers job for free!

Budget36 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

26. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

27. kursplat

kursplat

totally agree. yet strangely, at work, i would love to not hear the end of whatever problem i was privy to dealing with

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  28. Good to know. More technical knowledge gained on the H.A.M.B.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.