Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical wheel grease seals

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by roger didonato, May 3, 2018.

1. roger didonato

roger didonato

Has any of you guys or gals figured out or crossed reference the inner grease seals for 72 chevy rotors on 37- 40 ford spindles? Sick of sending for them at ECI . If I can get them locally it would be a great help.Thanx Roger

2. squirrel

squirrel

do you have one you can measure? or look to see if there's a part number on it?

I suppose someone could just go to rockauto.com and look up the seals for both vehicles, then find what the important dimensions are, and look for a seal that size...at least that's what I'd do, if I needed to know.

3. '72 Chevy what rotors? Chances are good that whatever the rotors are for, the seals may work on the '40 spindles. Get the National part number and see what the dimensions are. I just got a set for my '59 Ford rear, google the part number (National/SKF) I come up with 2.374" x 1.375" x .312".

National is owned by Federal Mogul.
    https://www.fmmotorparts.com/fmstor...al/National-Oil-Seal/p/RNT710754#.WuuUgI2pVMt

Or dive into 716 pages of this bad boy.
    http://www.timken.com/pdf/7707_National Indust Seals Catalog.pdf

4. If you have a seal there should be a part number meet on it.
    The cost involved in designing and manufacturing a one off seal I don’t see it happening.

Or get a mic and measure your OD and ID and go see a bearing supplier.

Terrible80 likes this.

5. synchro7

synchro7

I have an (ISI) International Seal Interchange book. PM me with the OD of the spindle, ID of the hub and the width of the seal. If there is made it should be in there.

6. You probably wouldn't want to use the Ford spindle spec; need to measure the OD of the inner bearing adapter/spacer from the disc brake kit that seal rides on.

7. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

That's what I ended up doing, downloaded the catalog and found a seal thru measurements.

I would bet you can find a seal locally once you find a part number.

8. roger didonato

roger didonato

I have the all the numbers on the seal but running into a deadend as to where to find them any way here are all the #s on the seal itself A13422 yei sb 1.875 2.562 .313 maybe youll have better luck than me as to where to buy them locally or on ebay.Thanx for any help Roger

9. greybeard360

greybeard360

10. squirrel

squirrel

timing cover seal for an old Ford six cylinder :)

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  11. roger didonato

roger didonato

12. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

don't you guys have a local bearing supply house?? we have EB atmos bearing in springfield mass that I go to for this stuff. bring in the bearing or seal and they will figure it out.