Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Finally bought a 36 ford 3 window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twenty8tudor, Apr 27, 2018.

1. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

I have found, missed, and kicked myself for not going to look at a few over the years but today I finally was able to drag one home..

I tracked down a 35 3 window friends had told me about and the guy sold it last year..

Figured I'd search the net again.. a guy in Canada had posted this 36 for his buddy on Facebook a year ago.. I remembered seeing it but timing was wrong then..

I searched Facebook for 1936 ford garnish moldings figuring I'd buy some parts here and there while looking for a car.. and luck have it the car popped up again..

Messaged the guy said I know it's a long shot but do you still have the 36.. he wrote back saying they still had it..

Turns out the guy had it sold.. held it for a guy.. guy drove up from Tennessee couldn't get the money out of the bank so the deal fell through and he took it back home and never posted it for sale again..

Went up couple weeks ago on Sunday to look at it and told him to give me till friday to think it over.. was going to look at a 5 window I had found couple years ago..

Thought more on it and what I really wanted was a 3 window.. the 5 was cheaper and a little better shape but it was all in pieces.. give in called the guy in Canada with the 3 window on Monday and we worked out a deal...

Went up today and drug it back home..

IMG_8686.JPG

IMG_8674.JPG

IMG_8795.JPG

IMG_8798.JPG

IMG_8796.JPG

IMG_8800.JPG

IMG_8809.JPG

Couldn't help but drag out its new roommate for a minute.
    IMG_8815.JPG

IMG_8813.JPG

It's pretty much original.. mechanical brakes, early flathead, and has some patch work that has been done..

Happy to finally have one and looking forward to working on it after I get a few other projects out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  2. Real nice 35 you have there
    Vic

twenty8tudor likes this.
  3. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There's a pair to draw to! The '36 looks real solid; the 5-window must have been really nice.

twenty8tudor likes this.
  4. WTF really

WTF really

Sweet congrats

twenty8tudor likes this.

5. Ain't nothin' cooler than a 36 3-window! (Even the Deuce guys secretly want one...) Congratulations, Looks like a great start.
    Bear

Sent from my SM-G930F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

alchemy, scotty t, belair and 3 others like this.
  6. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Thats a nice 3 window should make a great build.

twenty8tudor and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. Congratulations,In my humble opinion the 36 Ford 3 window is one of the best looking body styles Ford ever built. HRP

8. Looks real nice. Have fun.

twenty8tudor likes this.
  9. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful! Congratulations. I wish mine had been in as good shape as yours, when I bought it.
    What's the plans for it?

twenty8tudor and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. You did good. Great looking 3-window.

twenty8tudor and scrap metal 48 like this.
  11. brady1929

brady1929

Congrats. Very cool.

twenty8tudor likes this.
  12. reagen

reagen

That a nice one

twenty8tudor likes this.
  13. Nice 3 window. Congrats

twenty8tudor likes this.
  14. 0nedon

0nedon

looks great, mabey you should go get the other one too!!

twenty8tudor likes this.
  15. Nice find.Nice stable that fellow has.

lothiandon1940 and twenty8tudor like this.
  16. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

The '36 has a great look as is. I'm hoping it won't turn into gloss black with flames.

twenty8tudor and rusty valley like this.
  17. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

You are a lucky man...

lothiandon1940 and twenty8tudor like this.
  18. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

It was pretty nice.. solid with no patches from what I can remember.. just couldn't go with 5 windows over 3 and it was all in pieces... looked like all the body parts were there but never know.. it was stuffed in the back of a garage.. I'll see if I can dig up a few pics I took of it.

I sure hope it does..

I can't argue with that statement :)

No flames anywhere around this establishment.. thinking just a solid darker color.. would like to do Washington blue but that's the color of the other roadster I have.

Haha I'd like to have them all but that money tree is looking pretty dead this spring..

Stogy likes this.
  19. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

So what's wrong with "gloss black" ?

20. uncle buck

uncle buck

nothing....... it's the flames that can sometimes suck. Flames are like spandex , some where em better than others.

Uncle Bob and j hansen like this.
  21. belair

belair

Great score.

twenty8tudor likes this.
  22. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

You’re a little shit Jared.
    Lucky man. That car is in really good shape. Will the flathead be a runner??
    Hope to see it soon on the road. You have way too many toys now. :).
    Take care! Rick

twenty8tudor likes this.
  23. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

Something along these lines.. can't decide if I want to chop it or not.. but have time to figure that out..

IMG_8668.JPG

IMG_8576.JPG

IMG_8823.JPG

I'll agree there and I'm with ya flames on a 35/6 wouldn't look right imo

Guy told me the motor did run.. has a new solenoid on it but it's probably be he guessed 8-10 years since it has ran.. he bought it 7-8 years ago and never did a thing with it but stored it. As far as the number of toys I was thinking about possibly selling the 49 f6 cabover I had went out west and picked up. The cab and all the parts I gathered for it take up a lot of space

akoutlaw, Surf City, j hansen and 3 others like this.
  24. slowmotion

slowmotion

That's a great score! And you can always say ya found it in a (fancy) chicken coupe!

twenty8tudor likes this.
  25. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

Haha! Yeah the guy that had it is friends with a guy who basically took three old turkey barns hosed them out and rents space out to store cars.. all of them were full plus there was three other big hoop barns with canvas tops on the clear full of boats and campers.

Probably makes pretty good money off those old barns. It's in Canada so those winters would be long and some of those cars looked to have been in there a good long time

slowmotion likes this.
  26. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

I agree on the flames, but it's hard to beat a black 3wdo 35 & 36 ford. They almost have a sinister look ( especially when chopped) that requires a "dark" color. Doesn't necessarily have to be black though. JMHO. ;)

Surf City likes this.
  27. woodyTom

woodyTom
    from canton MI

Nice score, working on my 3 window right know, probaly one of my most favorite cars i have owned

28. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Nice ! Only Ford I like as well as my 3W 32 . They have super nice lines . Make Henry proud and drive it with pride , you found a pot of gold .

29. Hard to find a 3 window at all nowadays, much less one in that solid looking condition. Ya done good. I would have preferred the 5 window myself, but you got what you really wanted.

30. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

Here are the only pics of the 5 window I have.. it was at night and stuffed in the back of a garage with a lot of stuff around it..

IMG_8843.JPG

IMG_8844.JPG

IMG_8845.JPG

From what I remember there were no patches in it. All the interior was out so you could see the inside of the panels.. fenders where in the rafters above the car.. and the grille looked mint..

No motor or trans frame was painted with a mustang 2 crossmember and cheap arms and a 9" I think. It's for sale if someone is interested I text the guy from time to time