Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by milo1303s, Mar 16, 2014.

1. philo426

philo426

Interesting body contour on that chopped roof!The bobbed rear fenders are a bit unusual but cool!

2. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

As far as I'm concerned, that coupe could be considered finished now and still be a hit.
    I'm diggin' both the chop and the fenders. Would like to see a couple of more pics.

3. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

It's a Flintstone resin body (probably 20 years old-I figured since it had some proportional issues, it would be best suited as a Custom/Showcar). And a set of Ala Kart fenders and modified grill shell...topped with the Beatnik Bandit olds mill...it's still got a ways to go-

-Here's another-

[​IMG]

...Kinda looking sorta "Weesner-esque" don'cha think??

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  4. 1940Willys

1940Willys

Looks premo, nice work molding it all in. I like the swade paint .

5. The Bugatti is 1/25, you can read some of the parts used on the card beneath it.
    The stake body T is a 1/25 scale model as well. Based on the MPC "Big Rig Rod" kit.

6. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

Thanks for the clarification! :D

rodncustomdreams and Sancho like this.
  7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Nice catch there, Sancho... That Bugatti kit bugged me for years...it used to be offered only as a different scale, was it 1/16? Can't remember, the hobby shop on El Camino in Sunnyvale had it, (maybe metal?)
    I recall wishing it was in 1/25...also thought of a hot rod bash, more to the dry lakes theme.

rodncustomdreams and Sancho like this.
  8. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

I agree, great catch...I looked at the title card until my eyes started crossing and I didn't see it !! :confused:

[​IMG]

-Maybe he used this one?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    kiwijeff and rodncustomdreams like this.
  9. @Atwater Mike Was it this one? 1/20 metal kit by Revival
    09108b80a5ed602d95b6802f544b6312.jpg

rodncustomdreams and Murphy32 like this.
  10. Her's some '49 Fords I'm working on. The blue one was a recent aquisition from eBay that came with all the unused stock and custom parts included.
    [​IMG]
    I decided to try to build at least 2 good ones using it and a couple of stalled "beater" rebuilds I had laying around. For sure the best one will get this old Corduroy tuck n roll survivor interior.

49Ford04.JPG
    49Ford06.JPG
    49Fords01.JPG
    49Fords03.JPG
    49Fords04.JPG

11. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg Parts from 5 doner cars to build a T vintage drag car.

12. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

13. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

Finished this one the other day.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. rudestude

rudestude

Some day I would like to say "Here's one that I just finished" but it's always "Just started another one"......So I'm working my way around the all ready started one's and getting them a little further .....this is one of them ......this one is being built to resemble the one my dad had, I also have a real one in the works ,his was a 50 and this kit started out as a 52 which meant reshaping the rear fenders I got that part going ok and did some front end modifications, frenched headlight's and reworked grill opening and rounded hood corners.....now I'll do some more to it now that it's out again....if I can just stay on it now.... maybe I could finally say them magic words.....instead of just doing a few things and putting it back in the box....... I also included the pics of my dad's car.....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my QTASUN1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had one similar , my brother in law started, I never finished it. I believe it ended up in Florida.

16. philo426

philo426

I like the 58 Corvette tailights!

rudestude likes this.
  17. rudestude

rudestude

Sadly my dad's car was crashed just a couple of months before I was born he lost a rear wheel on a corner and hit a rock bluff along the highway...the car could of been fixed but at 20 yrs old with a kid on the way I'm sure the money was not available...he did pull the engine ,a hopped up 235 6 with a Blue Flame Corvette triple carb intake,and put it in a 46 Chevy coupe the rest of the car sat until my grandmother said it had to go so he set it on fire then took it in for scrape..back then the interior had to be out of them..a couple of years ago I was doing some digging out front of my house which is the house my dad was raised in and where the car sat I dug up some globs of melted lead most likely from when he torched the car.... I do have three of the hub caps that was on the car, one was lost in the crash,and I got a Corvette intake a few years back for the real one that I'm building..... IMG_20180423_080652~2.jpg IMG_20180423_080722~2.jpg IMG_20180423_080738~2.jpg

18. 2redrovers

2redrovers

Been quite a while but I found some time and energy to add to the little hot rod shop.
    //cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5ae118327da91/DSC_1213.JPG
    I've made a small shed or maybe it's a outhouse ..haven't decided yet.. also a tool box for the tow rod and a shop wouldn't be a shop without an engine hoist now would it?
    //cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5ae119021632d/DSC_1214.JPG
    //cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5ae11925df44c/DSC_1215.JPG
    All made from cut down craft popsicle sticks and toothpicks, with the shed constructed in similar manner to the workshop. The hoist has a moving arm and hydraulic ram made from a toothpick and a rawlplug (plastic wall plug). At some point I'll find something to look like some castor wheels for it.

If someone can tell me how to upload jpg pics so they show up directly, I'll edit this post. Apparently something has changed here since last time I posted

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  19. 2redrovers

2redrovers

When I tried to edit I got error msgs of does not support this type of file format and invalid id? So I'll try again... DSC_1213_20180426102520131.jpg DSC_1214.jpg DSC_1215.jpg

Sent from my G8141 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. Modded 105E

Modded 105E

21. rudestude

rudestude

I have started to modify some of my Hot Wheels also....they don't really release much that's cool any more ..as far as the 3 yrs. and up one's ,the special edition ones for adults are nice but I haven't really started modifying them to much yet...kind of pricey yet some times...and then it helps to have a good source ,a Hot Wheels Wrecking Yard,to gather parts from and that I have done....this is just a sample of ones that are open for modifications and or parts... each one of them container's are three deep of cars...and there are about three big tubs full of them container's and there are four travel foot lockers full of unopened ones plus four more of the adult collector series cars for starters....what else can you buy for 97 cents that you can have fun with.....Oh I guess there is probably something out there you can get but so far I haven't got any disease's from any of my Hot Wheels......just saying.... IMG_20180425_235456~2.jpg IMG_20180425_235510~2.jpg IMG_20180425_235433.jpg IMG_20180425_235611~2.jpg IMG_20180425_235713~2.jpg

22. 2redrovers

2redrovers

97 cents?!? I'm jealous .. average price of new hot wheels basics is $3 here in oz, sometimes $2 on special if you know where to look. Been that way for a few years now sadly. Agree they haven't had much of interest either.

rodncustomdreams and rudestude like this.
  23. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

$1.00 in Ct.

rudestude likes this.
  24. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I gave up trying to find any cool Hot Wheels a few years ago,around here the sellers at the fleamarkets used to grab all the good ones and presume they still do so I have been thinking about selling my collection and putting the money in my real cars and models if I can get anything for them.

Pinstriper40, rc57 and rudestude like this.
  25. rudestude

rudestude

Ok ...... I guess I will be honest...all of my adult Hot Wheels collector series along with about one hundred 1/25 and 1/18 scale die-casts plus probably fifty 1/64 scale various collector series , not counting Hot Wheels, and well .... I will just say a lot of stuff.....was free.....my brother puts together estate sales and a couple years ago he invited me on one to help out...and there was two bed rooms a study the family room plus other places in this house full of this stuff and he said go through it and take what I wanted...crap..so I grabbed some stuff , I didn't want to take too much of advantage of the situation....then after the sale what ever was left of the cars or what ever load it up and take it home.....so I did....was a good week end for sure..... Thanks to little brother....

rodncustomdreams and 2redrovers like this.
  26. rudestude

rudestude

The thing that sucks is its hard to get someone to buy them sometimes ... I know I have a lot of the Hot Wheels from the early to mid or so 80's that are duplicates some of them ten or more of the same thing trucks exotics and imports and you don't really want to sell by the piece prefer in lots...and no sale.... I found it easier to find a friend or kids of friends or just some one that would appreciate them and give them away..... I just give my neighbor around 75 NASCAR Hot Wheels , Johnny Lightnings and others and several NASCAR posters,new, just get the stuff gone.....just to much stuff....most of my collections are from gifts, my brother or just got them some how I do buy hot wheels sometimes when something cool comes out but I definitely would not have as much as I do if I had to pay for them all ....the money would be going in to the real Hot Rods......

rodncustomdreams and 2redrovers like this.
  27. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

28. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

I think there was a burst of reinterest in Hot Wheels in the late '90s and early 2000s. It was almost
    cutthroat trying to get the Treasure Hunts. It's pretty tough trying to sell them off these days
    considering how many have been produced. I did my best to pick up good used ones for 10-25
    cents, which wasn't difficult since I'm interested in only certain body styles. I never got into them
    as high buck collectibles or trying to find all the different variations. While I haven't done any in a
    while, it was fun to do wheels swaps, change ride heights and fool with paint and decals.

IMG_1029.JPG

HW 64 Impala.jpg

29. greaser 35

greaser 35
    from FRANCE

Last realization of my 11-year-old son, a little Ford 1953 dropped with engine cadillac
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. 2redrovers

2redrovers

^^^^ That's just gorgeous! Wish the print screen button would make one appear in my driveway.