Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Bruce Fisher's wife's son hurt in accident in Florida

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobss396, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I talked to Teresa last night and in the back ground I heard something and asked her what was going on. She said it was Robert trying to talk and making noise. She said he managed to get out the word mom. He still gets angry at time {I don't think he remembers why he is in there} and he cant figure why the Mittens are still on him.The E.R. Dr. {the one that worked on him when he 1st came it} and took the stitches out of that big gash he had on the right side of his head. The Dr, said it was a tough gash to stich up and he had to pull the skin together make a star like stiching. He was happy the way it was healing up. Teresa and I still cant thank you enough for your prayers and well wishes. I never knew how big the H.A.M.B. family was here. You all have a GREAT Sunday. Bruce.

2. jim snow

jim snow

Wishing you guys all the best. Snowman

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  3. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

You have my prayers from down under, glad to hear he (& you all) is hanging in there. May it be a speedy recovery.

Hombre and Bruce Fischer like this.
  4. v8flat44

v8flat44

Bruce, keeping you in prayer too...Peace,grace & healing for your family !!! mike

chryslerfan55 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  5. unklgriz

unklgriz

our continued prayers go out to you all.

6. No sweat, you have bigger fish to fry. Family first amigo!

7. Bruce, I just got out of the hospital after three days, presumed heart attack. Well it wasn't, after throwing up several times and finally throwing up blood went to the ER. Turned out after exam, EKG, X-Ray, and Cat scan it was diagnosed as a Hiatal Hernia. ER was on their shXC and didn't quit until they diagnosed it, went to the room after being admitted for a procedure Saturday. Aids didn't show up for four hour rounds, wouldn't empty the urinal they had me pee in to monitor my output. Getting released was worse, Drs. ran off and don't carenurse who worked with my wife when she worked at this hospital on that floor got us out of there today. She said that a lot of the new hires are druggies and the ones that aren't are lazy. So yes step down does take a back seat but with your wife there, his mom he will be OK. My wife stayed with me the entire time I was there. Don't give up the faith and let the bastards win.

8. Continued thoughts and prayers for everyone involved in Roberts recovery. HRP

9. Praying for you, your family and everyone else who is praying on this Bruce.

James 5
    13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 Confess your trespasses[e] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit.

10. Man... after 10 days with my heart attack, by day 7 I was convinced they were trying to kill me. They said I had shingles, total bullshit. I had a rash on my lower back from a piece of plastic film that was put on to ground me for shocks, or so they said. They never took it off.

The day before I was being discharged, they told me I was being transferred to a physical therapy facility to get my strength back. I said loudly WTF??? I asked to see the patient advocate and they came running in. I thought I was set to have a visiting nurse and PT at home, which was what I did have. Crossed wires big time. Literally, I was on the way out and they were trying to take blood from me and force more pills down my throat. I told them, give me something for pain, which they did. By that time I was ready to crawl out of the place.

11. Monday morning up date.Robert is trying to speak.They are going to give him some liquids thru his mouth none thru the feeding tubes.Teresa said they had him take a few steps with a walker yesterday.They are going to try walking again to day. P.S. this is off topic but if any one knows any thing about G.M.C. envoys PLEASE P.M. me THANKS.

12. Very encouraging update Bruce. Keep the updates coming. You all are in our thoughts and prayers.

13. Ist off I am NOT going to mention any names here., but since they moved Robert thing have gone down hill NOT FOR ROBERT . He continues to in prove.{he can croak I got to take a piss and a few more good ones}His brain says he can get out of bed and walk to the bathroom but he really cant. The nursing is way under staffed there in that unit. Yesterday they missed feeding him lunch by 4 hours and dinner the same amount of time.Teresa was raising heck with the head nurse. Now the want to discharge him Friday.There is no way this kid cant do anything for him self yet. Teresa got the full police report and I am just going to say what the police told us and whats on the report is VERY different. They just told us what we wanted to hear. Teresa said she couldnt do it anymore her self {and I am stuck up here and she wants me to stay up here to take care of things}so I told her to make 1 call. Today 2 lawxxxxxs {the 2 best in Orlando area}are coming to meet with her and are very interested on whats going on. . P.S. last night the Trama nurse who was taking care of him stopped down to see him and Teresa and couldnt believe what was going on. Very different in this unit. I will keep you up dated.Thanks Bruce.

14. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Prayers to Robert .

15. Bruce, Good luck man. I hope you guys get this straightened out.

16. BJR

BJR

It's a shame when something like this happens that instead of healing and the family supporting the hurt person, all this other crap happens that just adds stress to the family. Glad Robert is making positive progress, and hopefully all the other stuff will be taken care of. Like most situations in life these days "the squeaky wheel gets the grease." Sounds like you now have a team of lube agents to sort the crap out and resolve the troublesome issues.

17. Bruce, having lived in FL in the past and still have many close friends there that all speak of the hospitals you don't want to be in often. We spend most of our time up in Lake county north of Osceola by around 40 miles. I wonder if transferring him to another hospital like the Florida Hospital or a rehab hospital would be better for his recovery. Just thinking out loud.....

18. ...you guys sure don't need all this grief , sure hope things get better soon,..still in our thots & prayers everyday,..

50 customcoupe and Bruce Fischer like this.
  19. Bruce, keep up the good fight. Friend of mine had their son injured in an accident also in Fla. Car pulled out in front of him and he literally ran over it rolling his truck. Broken neck, several ribs and pelvis, was injured so bad he can no longer work at the airport as a jet engine mechanic. The girl he ran over was 14 years old. She told the police that she did this all the time, taking her and her 10 year old sister to the mall to go shopping. Parents were not concerned, still in courts 1 1/2 years after the incident. The same girl has been reportedly also been arrested two more times since, charged with driving without a license, underage. If this was WV. a child advocate would have been involved after the first incident and possibly the children removed from these parents. Sounds like you were fed a bill of goods as you said and you are taking action. Good luck and the prayers are still coming for all of you.

20. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

A lot of under paint and overworked people in the medical profession.
    And also a lot of people in that profession with no compassion.
    Still praying for you.

21. catdad49

catdad49

A tough situation worsened by circumstances beyond your control. Hopefully, things will improve in the near future so that your family can move in the right direction. Sounds like Robert is coming along and maybe the trauma nurse can get better treatment for him. Keep us posted and we’ll keep praying for you All.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

22. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Hang in there Bruce!! Be strong for them! We are here for you!! He will pull through in spite of their ineptness!
    And its true what saltflats said above. My wife is a nurse practitioner and there definitely are good and bad docs/nurses and hospitals too. You need to find the best place for him to be and get him there if possible.
    You did right by calling the lawyers seeing as the police report is not right!

23. GOOD Wed. morning to you all. I haven't heard from Teresa since yesterday morning when she told me That during Monday night she fell asleep and Robert tried to get out of bed and fell. He was x rayed and was fine. She found a sitter that was going to Stay with Robert Tue for a while so she could get out and relax for a while.Then she was going to have that meeting.I haven't heard from her since. I hope it doesn't mean bad news. I will up date you all when I hear something.Thanks again to you all for your support and prayers.Bruce.

24. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

Hang in there,Bruce. I've been following along via this board and your facebook. If there's anything I can do,call me. You have my number. F.A.

25. jim snow

jim snow

Prayers to you guys. Hang tight. Snowman

26. 392

Well wishes again. Hang tough.

27. They should have bed alarms that go off when he tries to get out of bed so he can be caught and helped. Mine did, scared the shXX out of me almost when it went off, the wife was there and shut it off just as the aid came running in the room. If the beds do not have the alarms then. If they do have them then the floor personnel should be answering some questions. Was it turned on, how come he fell?

28. Are you considering moving Robert up by you? I hear nothing good about health care in Florida and the physical therapy places go through the motions. I saw this with my MIL and FIL. You need to look at the limits of the car insurance too. With my 2011 car accident my limit was $50k and I blew through that fast. I have a lot more coverage now.

Bruce Fischer and loudbang like this.
  29. Thanks 51 Bird.Bruce.

chryslerfan55 and 51 BIRD like this.
  30. Warhorse, The alarm did go off the 1st time and Teresa caught him getting out of bed{no nurse ever showed up} She thought she had the bed alarm set right but now thinks she didn't set it right the second time. I still haven't heard from here since yesterday morning. Her phone gets blowen up all day so she usally leaves a post on face book for every one to see and share .So I don't bother her during the day, But I will call tonight if I haven't heard from her. If any one wants to see her posts on face book just send me a friend request and I will answer you on face book and you will be able to see the posts. I am under Bruce Fischer. Thanks to all of you again. Bruce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.