Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Living room engines?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jay.S, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Jay.S

Jay.S

Anyone in here have old engines/motors in their house for display? I just put a whizzer bike in my living room and thought it was clean but I can still smell old gas/grease smell. Anything I can spray on it to neutralize the smell?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

3. silent rick

silent rick

there's a harley in my living room

4. RMONTY

RMONTY

Really? If you don't like the smell then take it out and put it in the garage! Bless your poor lil' nostrils! :rolleyes:

JimSibley, 6inarow, loudbang and 5 others like this.

5. jchav62

jchav62

I use gas/grease scented plug-ins in my house. :)

6. I use to keep my '56 panhead in the kitchen,I didn't have a garage. HRP

hotrodharry2 and tractorguy like this.
  7. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Moriarity doesn't play fair when it comes to the "has car stuff in the living quarters" contest. He has living quarters in the car stuff.
    I just flat have no room inside my house for any serious car stuff to be on display and call it good at that. Wife lets me keep my models on the shelves by the fireplace and I feel pretty blessed for that.

9. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Moriarity , when you built your house you should have put it on hydraulics over a missile silo, then when you die you could be laid to rest in the house in a chrome sarcophagus and the whole thing lowered into the ground for some future civilization to discover. Thousands of years form now you could be an exhibit in the Trump National Museum.

10. Mark is living the dream.

hotrodharry2, loudbang and Moriarity like this.
  11. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

I've never heard it better put :

"Moriarity doesn't play fair when it comes to the "has car stuff in the living quarters" contest. He has living quarters in the car stuff."

...and that's the way to live. :D

12. Max Power

Max Power
    from St Paul MN

I have a Honda 400-4 Super Sport in my living room. I notice the smell in the fall every year when I first put it in after a season of riding, but either it goes away or I just get used to it because after a week or so I don't smell it anymore.

loudbang and Jay.S like this.
  13. 030.jpg I have a Drag slick end table. I just need to talk the wife into an engine block coffee table. lol :rolleyes: Ron...

ramblin dan, loudbang, jnaki and 9 others like this.
  14. Reminds me of when I was in the Air Force stationed at Shaw AFB. I had a 427 Ford engine in my barracks room in pieces. For some reason, the inspector did not like that and made me remove it. So for several weeks, I had a complete 427 Ford engine stored in the trunk and back seat of my 66 Fairlane. It rode smoothly.....
    When I got married, my wife didn't like engines in the house either. So I got rid of it........the wife that is.

15. Ron - if that's Magnesium, we need to talk.

16. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

I've got a wee bit of an aircraft radial engine on top of the fridge.
    image.jpeg

I've really got to step up my game.

Cosmo50, j hansen, loudbang and 13 others like this.
  17. Latigo

Latigo

Have a friend who keeps his Harley in the Living room. Every December he puts lights on it instead of a Christmas tree.

18. At the current moment I have a pair of 950 blower carbs, a pair of 3-way adjustable drag shocks and a pair of 15 x 3 1/2 Fenton Gyros in the living room 20180315_122450.jpg 20180331_154430.jpg 20180207_165831.jpg

19. rgdavid

rgdavid

Just remember boys...living rooms are winter motorcycle homes and shiny parts places,
    And kitchen tables are for building small moters and cleaning parts,
    All televisions, stereos, or open fires or stoves are made for sitting in front of for polishing parts and drinking beer.
    Toilets ARE libarys.
    Its in the gearheads mariage charter,

20. Rich B.

Rich B.
    Member Emeritus
    from Portage,IN

21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Now you tell me, since my project stalled I sure considered bringing this in the house so I could look at it more.
    Naaa, that would not fly!

20160430_204848.jpg

chevy57dude likes this.
  22. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

That's freaking awesome!

23. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

20$ says he ain't married.

loudbang and 6-bangertim like this.
  24. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

The smell is your brain telling you it ain't safe. Heavy metal poisoning ain't worth it. Take a picture of if and get a life size print out of it.

loudbang likes this.
  25. Was 196 #'s

Was 196 #'s

I've got an unopened case of octane booster and Techron sitting in my living room. One of the shepherds has started chewing on the outer cardboard shipping box. This could be a problem as he is on prescription dog food and the vet says he's to have nothing else. I'm keeping an eye on things.

When I was in my 20's I used to routinely park my pan head in my cousin's tiny living room, but he lived behind the motorcycle shop he worked at (building on the same property, owned by the cycle shop owner), so nobody really cared. I spent a good amount of time there, immobilized, if you know what I mean . . .

loudbang likes this.
  26. threewindaguy

threewindaguy

27. graveyardsledder

graveyardsledder

If I have to bring my work home with me, which happens a lot I usually do all of my finish work on cylinder heads in my living room while watching tv. Makes the work seem to go by so much faster. We have stained concrete floors in our house other than a couple rugs it’s just like being at work.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

williebill and Just Gary like this.
  28. billsat

billsat

What a great thread. It reminds me of a bar in Winston Salem, NC back in the 80's that had a mid forties Indian motorcycle just inside the front door. The more I drank the more i lusted in my heart for that bike. My wife would kill me but if I could just get my hands on one I think I could rearrange the living room and find a spot for it.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  29. 370inlivingroom (1).JPG I kept my 370 Pontiac motor behind my EZ chair for months. Had a throw rug over it and the Mrs never knew it was there. I still have my dual quad setup on top of my little drink fridge.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  30. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

I've seen plenty of engines assembled in a living room......But I've never seen one dismantled in the living room:)