Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Bruce Fisher's wife's son hurt in accident in Florida

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobss396, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rickybob, me too.Thanks Bruce.

2. 001.JPG
    Thanks Thor1, I know I have a GOOD women. Today we have been together 22 years but to bad we cant be together. Yup 22 years and we never had a fight ahh over the T.V. remote that is .LOL. Bruce.

3. And to you and your family too Danny for all your support.Thanks Bruce.

4. Deuces

Deuces

We're all prayin' 24/7 for your son to pull through....
    Seems to be working.... :):):)

5. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Gee, that's really swell. My faith in humanity is restored.

Bruce Fischer and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

Thank God, Things are progressing nicely.

50 customcoupe and Bruce Fischer like this.
  7. i keep on praying for you, Robert, Teresa, Bruce, i hope your lifes come slowly back on the track like it should be. what hard times you have, man.

Carsten

8. A good woman and close family is what life is all about. Glad to hear the progress Robert is making and family has a lot to do with it. Praying for continued progress!

50 customcoupe and Bruce Fischer like this.
  9. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Well H.A.M.B. Family we have about come full circle. A caring family that is whole heartily concerned about friends, family and that includes folks that have been involved in the cause of this terrible accident. But accident is the result. I’m reminded that even the grayest of days here in Western Pa., the Son (sun) shines above the Clouds. Much better days are ahead for Robert and Family. I’ve been accused of being Eternally Optimistic, and I feel that Optimism and faith go hand in hand. To me that is a Compliment. Rest easy Bruce&Theresa the Great Physician is present.His Love for his Creation has no bounds. His ability to Heal has no match.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

10. Bruce, glad to hear he is making progress. Thanks for all the updates.

11. Well things really changed yesterday. They moved Robert out of the trama unit down to the C.P.U. Unit. That mean not as good of care. There a 6 people there per each nurse. The bed they Have Robert in Teresa says he is moving around so much she is afraid he will fall out of bed, because the bed rails are much lower. The nurses say that's the way the beds are. I know they aren't .I worked in a nursing home for 11 years I know they have the right beds.After Robert has a bowel move Teresa says she has to wait at least 30 minutes for them to come and clean him up. {I know the nurses are busy}.She says she cant leave him and is going to stay with him 24/ 7. The nurses said that's great it would help them REALLY??? its a hospital!!!! It seems like the hospital that was doing so well has dropped him like a hot potato.{that's just me speaking} Teresa says its harder than taking care of a baby.{there might be some brain damage} I feel so helpless after talking to her last night and she just had a melt down on the phone with me., and it was our 21st anniversary. I made a call to a family member who knows more about the hospitals system then I do, last night and hopefully they can help us. I am not asking for help just letting you know whats going on.Thanks and I will keep you all up dated.Thanks Bruce.

Hank37, 50 customcoupe, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  12. Hang in there Bruce. As your son gets better, the focus changes. A hard road indeed. Endure and be a squeaky wheel when it comes to his care, voice your opinions to the staff so he gets the care he deserves.
    Wishing for the best.

13. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bruce,

crminal is right - you guys need to hang in there - it's going to get even harder now for a while. You need to be an advocate for your step-son. Ask questions and demand answers until the hospital gives them to you. Be a total pain in their ass. It's can be hard to do as most people don't like conflict but it is often unfortuantley necessary to get the care your loved ones need.

Due to a major car accident that my wife was in almost thirty years ago, over the subsequent years I have had to spend a lot of time in various hospitals with my wife as she has had to deal with a host if difficult health issues. On more than one occasion I have had to go toe-to toe with hospital staff to get the care or information we needed. It sucks. It angers me that I have to do it at all as the health care providers should be doing this stuff as a normal part of doing their business. But but in a broken world that is just how it goes.

Some hospitals have patient advocates and you should check that out. They can do a pretty good job and they can help lighten the load a little it but you have to stay involved as they need to be kept honest too. I will continue to pray for Robert and your family Bruce.

Steve

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  14. BJR

BJR

After all that you and Teresa have been through a melt down is not surprising. Sometimes it's just what a person needs to clear their head and re think the situation with a clearer head. Your step sons recovery may not be a straight line from bad to full recovery. There will be setbacks, and really good moves in the right direction. You just gotta hang in there. Vent here, and we will support you. Brian

15. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

Bruce,
    My prayers continue for Robert, Susan and you. Working in a hospital, I feel, the overstaffed deal is a cop out. Like Thor1 said, be an advocate for Robert. I know that in the trauma ICU he got great care, It should not be any different in a step down unit. Tell Susan to hang in there! Happy anniversary by the way!

16. Chavezk21, Her name is Teresa not Susan .LOL.

17. Definitely seek out the patient advocate and the social worker. They are your best resources, I used them when my wife was in her last stage of cancer in 2014. The hospital was looking to discharge her and she was in no way in shape to be sent home. She needed 24/7 care. We stalled them off enough to get her into a hospice facility.

18. trollst

trollst

Good luck Bruce, I'm with you man. LeRoy.

Bruce Fischer and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. gene-koning

gene-koning

Bruce, The road forward will be a rough one, it will come with many turns, twists, and setbacks. We have to meet each turn, twist, and setback on our knees in prayer.
    Teresa has just discovered that even people in the health care system have bad days and show imperfections just like the rest of us. We need to cover them in prayer as well, but we also need to stand in the gap for our loved ones. I believe its part of the process we on all going through.
    We are still praying brother, and we have added covering for those in the health care industry as well. Gene

20. Well Teresa sounded a lot better on the phone today. She said she went down to the nurses station and straighten them out. LOL. She said Robert was sitting up for 3 and 1/2 hours yesterday. His friend J.T came to see him again and when Teresa asked him who it was it took him a minute but he whispered J.T. I told Teresa to help Robert{per our nurse friend up here} to pick up some flash cards to get him trying to talk or at least nod his head yes or no, and to pick up some tennis balls to get his hands going and one of those long pool noddles so he can rub is feet back and forth on it and get then going. and a pad and pencil .Teresa said he was trying to write the word today yesterday. Thanks again for all your support. Bruce & Teresa

21. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

I can't pretend to imagine what you are all going through but I hope each little improvement
    is encouraging for your family. There'll be high and low points in his recovery, hang tough Bruce and Teresa.

22. catdad49

catdad49

Thank You, Bruce. That is great news, sometimes you have to be a little forceful with the hospital staff. They are sometimes caught up in the whir of the job, forget that it's the patients and their families that are their "customers" and should be treated as such. Sounds like Robert is coming along. Prayers and Thoughts from Va., The Carpenters.

23. atch

atch

Bruce,
    Teresa,
    Robert,

Still thinking of you every day; still praying for all of you every day; still reading responses several times a day hoping for an update.

Again, if there's anything (and I mean ANTHING) I or we can do for you or your family don't hesitate to let me/us know.

loudbang, upspirate, Hombre and 5 others like this.
  24. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Yes, Bruce, what Atch said!

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  25. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bruce,
    I got out of the hospital a couple of days ago after my 3rd surgery in 7-months. I thought about and prayed every day for you & your family while I was in there and afterwards, too. In a way, you helped me out, too, since my problems were insignificant to what y'all are going through. We all will be continuing to support you.

26. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

Thinking of you and your family and hope the progress continues.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  27. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My prayers are both for your sons healing and strength to you and your family.

May the Lord bless and keep and you, may His face shine upon you and be gracious to you, may He lift his countenance upon you and give you (and your family) peace.

28. When I was brought out of my coma, I couldn't feed myself for a few days. I would order food I could pick up with my hands, French toast, sandwiches. Try to open a thing of syrup. Even able-bodied people had problems with the juice containers. Cell phone? I had no idea how to even open my flip phone for a day or so. My signature was chicken-scratch.

After I got home, I had to constantly answer the phone and jot things down, my writing came back fast. My Cigna coordinator had a phone extension that was like 7 digits long, that was cruel.

I probably have a touch of brain damage from my ordeal, first days back on a computer, my typing was awful. I still get "if" and "of" mixed up. My long term memory was affected a little, but I still function, run a household and go to work, turn wrenches, machine parts.

The human mind and body are amazing, they have great powers to heal themselves. It just takes time.

29. Tagman , I am sending prayers for you for a fast recovery and start to wrenching on car again fast.Thanks Bruce.

chryslerfan55 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  30. Thanks Bob .I know it will be a long road back.Sorry I haven't kept our daily talks, I miss them.Bruce.

chryslerfan55, pat59 and tb33anda3rd like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.