Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects BRIAN MADE ME DO IT: 34 Roadster Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bandit Billy, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That would be a hook I believe.
    I did make a call to the tech at Coach Controls to get some help on bypassing the neutral safety switch. I think that is what is preventing the solenoid form energizing. I am uber excited to get back to the car tonight and continue work on the harness. I am starting to get to the point where there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I put 4 quarts of Valvoline 10/30 racing oil with high zinc in the crank case, trans is full of royal purple stuff and the rear end is lubed up. Brought the gas can in the bed of the parts getter today so I can fuel up the tank a bit. I am glad I installed the pump override switch so it is not sitting back there running every time the key is on.

oldsjoe, loudbang and Tim like this.
  2. Don't bypass the NSS.
    What's the trouble with it?

loudbang and tb33anda3rd like this.
  3. Funny you mentioned the club door. I was close to cutting one in but decided against it at the last minute.
    Shoulda done it . It is not too late ya know.
    BTW I live @ the #3 tee ,but do not play, @ Huukan Golf Course in Ft Mohave. It is no more than 25 yards from my house.

oldsjoe and loudbang like this.
  4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just wanted to make sure I had the solenoid wired correctly, you know, sort of a reality check after 3 weeks of mind numbing sriping and crimping. I have a 5 speed so there is no NSS on the T-5 that year. I have not found a contact switch I like yet. I did find a place to mount it under the clutch pedal outside the cabin. Just need an impressive looking switch.

oldsjoe and loudbang like this.
  5. Ok, my bad.
    My thinking is you don't need the clutch switch, but if you were going to do it would it be a rotary or plunger style?
    But you could polish the hell out of this one
    https://www.cpi-nj.com/products/waterproof-switches/plunger-switches-j4-series/j4401-plunger/
    image.jpeg

6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh yes, that engages my inner polisher.

It seems like the hours are adding up exponentially and the progress seems to be slowing on this wiring BS. I did finish the reverse light (yes it has a reverse light), the headlights are powered to the fuse box but not to the switch yet, and I got the column wired. The result being I have turn signals front and rear and emergency flashers.
    upload_2018-4-11_22-29-44.png
    I had to catch the flashers on to get the picture
    upload_2018-4-11_22-30-52.png
    My collection of parts is becoming a car, one bottle of Crown at a time...day time running lights? Seriously? Got- to-go!
    You can see the cowl lights that double duty as flashers up front. There is another flasher in the headlight that is hard to make out with the DTR lights lit. Never fear, they are very temporary.

More news tomorrow, same bat time, same bat channel!

7. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

How many hours a week do you spend polishing your hoist? They don't even come that clean from the factory.
    Do you have those paper shoes for visitors to wear in the shop? :p:D:rolleyes:

Stogy, oldsjoe, kidcampbell71 and 3 others like this.
  8. cederholm

cederholm

WOW! Just WOW! ...that's all I've got.

~ Carl

Bandit Billy and loudbang like this.
  9. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have rotisserie restored 7 cars in that bay, that hoist gets it butt kicked for a residential application. I repaint the arms when they start to look nasty. Signal yellow.

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  10. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gad domn I hate wiring! I got the headlight switch wired in and the dimmer switch. I cant figure out how the hell to turn off the day time running lights! They may be the law in come states but so are fenders and I don't want either. Ill make another call to Coach Controls tomorrow and hey some help. To their credit, everything else is working.

All that is left is the brake light switch and the gauge cluster. Waiting for a painless wiring connector to show up. Sure would like to finish this project this weekend.

My hands hurt so bad I can hardly hold my glass...screw that, I just wont fill it all the way up.

Stogy, oldsjoe, kidcampbell71 and 2 others like this.
  11. VI Lonewolf

VI Lonewolf

There is a jumper on the board you cut, right next to battery 2 post.

loudbang and Bandit Billy like this.
  12. screw that, I just wont fill it all the way up. Why bother just drink from the jug you're gonna empty it anyway. That's traditional.

13. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On the 23 B board? I found a route on line on the 23 A board but not the 23 revision B system. I'm listening Lonewolf

loudbang likes this.
  14. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is an old legend that says that there is 18 shots in a fifth of Scotch. If you take a swig on every tee box you run dry after 18 holes and that is why there is not 19 or 20 holes on a golf course.

That said and accepted as fact, this 23 circuit electrical system deserved 23 bottles of Crown Royal. I still have a circuit or two left :cool:

15. VI Lonewolf

VI Lonewolf

I'll go look.

loudbang likes this.
  16. VI Lonewolf

VI Lonewolf

On mine it's there. 23L. Can't seem to add pic

Attached Files:

Sancho and loudbang like this.
  17. :eek:

:p:D

oldsjoe, Bandit Billy and loudbang like this.
  18. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I never noticed that jumper before. You da man Lonewolf.
    Jumper, prepare to get jambed
    upload_2018-4-13_10-10-28.png

Stogy, loudbang and oldsjoe like this.
  19. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, I sent them an email on the pricing of your little switch, here is the response

Hi Bill,

The J4401 Plunger switches are special design devices intended to withstand high-pressure and temperatures which make them pricey - a few hundred dollars each in OEM production quantities. For just 1 unit, you'd be spending over $500.

loudbang likes this.
  20. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

OMG:eek::eek::eek:

21. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I cant wait for it to arrive!

22. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just kidding, mind blown.

loudbang likes this.
  23. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

But just think how cool that would look polished:D
    $500 will buy a lot of Makers 46!

24. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was thinking the same thing buddy. Now I am thinking about finding a cheap plastic switch and milling a finned aluminum cover for it.

loudbang and tb33anda3rd like this.
  25. Whoa,
    I don't care what it is or where it is I'll be drawn to the most expensive thing there.
    Once again it proves true, the most expensive plunger switch.

26. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's the ticket
    IMG_1826.JPG

27. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

So what's the vanity plate going to say? WIRE NUT? or NUT WIRED? Joe

28. C2H6O