Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods First Look - Revell's new '29A Traditional Hot Rod Roadster Kit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by funman1712, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

I hadn’t heard about the issues with the coupe tooling. I sure am glad I picked mine up when I did but I hope they fix what needs to be fixed and pop out some more coupe kits for the guys that weren’t able to get one the first time around. These really are some beautiful kits and I hope there are more to come in this series of super detailed high quality kits.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. 2MNYTYS

2MNYTYS
    from MN

I heard today that Hobbico, Inc. (parent company of Revell) is closing its doors today after filing Chapter 11 back in January.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Critical Mass

Critical Mass

As I understand it, most of Hobbico was purchased last week, and today Revell, Revell of Germany and the German branch of Tower Hobbies were purchased by a German holding company. The offices of Revell USA were closed, and the two Revell divisions will be combined as Revell of Germany. In other words, the proud old name of Revell (plus Renwal and Monogram which it also owns) are no longer American companies.

4. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

"No longer American?" NOOOO!!!!! I was just getting re-started with Revell's New Deuce Program! It's Genuine Ford in 1/25!

1) '32 Five window (superbly scale '32 frame, running gear, etc.)
    2) Revell '32 Three window (first with the new scaled frame, fits all the new '32s!)
    3) '32 Highboy roadster (perfectly interchangeable with all the '32s, like the 'real Henry')
    4) '32 Tudor sedan (another perfect scaler, just check the frame & running gear! Genuine Ford!)
    5) This mentioned new '29 Hiboy. Hate the 'Pro-Street' indent in rear frame, wheel wells.
    This frame is modified, O.K.; for a Model A body (and too-wide of tires) Great kit, but I just
    wouldn't do this frame thing to any of my 1:1s, I promise. Firewall is necessary with the Buick...

5. Deuces

Deuces

That explains why Revell hasn't released any kits for this month (April) yet.... :(

6. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

Very clean and nice build. Bob.