Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Decisions, decisions.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Irish Mike, Mar 30, 2018.

1. I like the coupe just a shade more.

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sign said "Do Not Touch":eek:

56premiere and 1946caddy like this.
  3. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I would think by asking us here which to keep the conflict is deep down you already know but you’re looking for reenforcement for you’re decision.
    If one is your dream car keep it, if not put them both up for sale and go from there.
    Only you can decide if this is a emotional or monetary decision that lies ahead.
    Good luck,if it were me I’m sure I’d struggle with it.:(

MMM1693 and Irish Mike like this.
  4. belair

belair

No-brainer. If one has to go, it's the woodie. Keep the coupe.

5. SR100

SR100

You guys have it all wrong. Three's company (TV told us so...) you need a roadster to keep them company...

6. I plan on being at Wavecrest. I've found storage for the coupe for three months so I'll be working on the wagon to get it in top running shape....

7. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

8. Mike are you going to Doheny Wood also?

9. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The garage is on fire! Quick, which one do you save? There's your answer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Hot Rods Ta Hell likes this.
  10. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Do what my folks do....flip a coin to decide
    If they don't like the outcome they change the coins mind

Irish Mike likes this.
  11. silent rick

silent rick

i envy you and then i don't. i wouldn't be able to give either car up.

12. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

The '46-48 Ford woodies are the best wagons they ever made, and the '35-36 3W is about the most stylish Ford ever built. Tough call. Not to make you feel bad, but you have regrets about getting rid of either of them! Unless whatever you're replacing it with is even better. :D

13. Boatmark

Boatmark

I love that coupe, so that would be my vote.
    That said, if I had those two cars I'd try to sell a kidney first!
    Is there an OT daily you could sell, and use one of them for a while?
    Gotta be some solution to avoid that choice.
    Are you comfortable telling us why the choice? Finances, space, short term issue, long term issue, something someone could offer a new solution for??
    Had a friend in that situation - another guy bought and stored the car. Deal was after a specified time he either bought it back with a nominal interest, or he didn't and the other guy could keep or sell as he chose. His issue was resolved and he bought it back - grateful that someone of more resources would do him a solid.

14. It's paint, that's all I'm saying....
    I'm going to try Dan......There is another local show I might take both cars too.....
    It's space. A friend has a commercial unit I can keep the coupe for a few months so I'm good for now. I've owned the 36 for 15 years and just bought the 46 wagon and it needs a bit of work. Thinking of moving where I can build a detached 4 car garage. My wife is willing so that's a plus.....I have to be careful, I have the hoarders gene...:(

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    -Brent-, enloe and King ford like this.
  15. It's ok your among like minded people.......

King ford and Irish Mike like this.
  16. 3 Window!:cool: At my age who needs Woody's? :rolleyes:

17. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

18. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I would give my left, well let's just say I envy you. Many people want a 36 3 window over a 5 window, and many people say they are rare. I don't know the numbers on how many were made that year. But, if I had both I would lean toward selling the coupe and keeping the woody. As a kid I grew up in an area called Highland Park in Louisville, Ky., and a guy that lived right beside the Park for the kids had a 47 ford woody. There was something about that woody that drew me to it even as a kid at 12 years old. Now you wouldn't think a kid would want to have a station wagon for his 1st car, but I dreamed of owning that car some day. I watched it almost weekly, and as I neared 15 had saved up some money from my allowance and decided to ask the owner how much he might want for that thing, if he ever decided to sell it. I went to the house where it always sat at, and it wasn't there. I knocked on the door and asked about it, and the lady there said her husband had traded it in on a new station wagon the week before. They got $200.00 on trade in. I told my self it was ok, because all I had was $150, but to this day I see that woody in my dreams as one that got away. Good luck on your decision. For my 2 cents keep the woodie.

Irish Mike and 0nedon like this.
  19. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X2

20. 32fordlover

32fordlover

I love both, but wood keep the woody . I had a 39 Ford standard woody that I sold and I still regret it. I still have a custom made electric guitar and gig bag that was patterned after a 1948 Ford woody gorgeous ash with wood inlays that I won at Doheny wood 1 year that I would like to sell if anyone is interested. It is called a storm . Let me know if interested. Good luck on your decision if you end up having to make it.

21. That woody would be firewood before I got rid of the coupe....

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

1946caddy, -Brent- and King ford like this.
  22. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

3 window does it for me!

23. I've had '49, '51 Ford Woodies, and a '52 Buick Woodie..I'd keep the coupe.

24. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Come on Mike! You gotta' keep em both! If you want to send the 36 out here, I'll drive it for you so you don't have to think about it. The Murray can sit outside with the rest of my crap. :D

I like the detached 4 car garage idea. They can be built in North Carolina. I'm sure we could find you a cozy place out here. And you can still catch flights to Maui from NC, also. HAHA (just sayin')

Irish Mike likes this.
  25. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

26. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

that's easy.you pick the first born son of course.and keep the coupe

27. JimmyD3234

JimmyD3234
    from PA

I am a coupe man N it is a sweet looking car :cool::cool:

28. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Well, I think he has toooo many long boards in the rafters and should contribute one of them to the Poor and Desperate I need to go surfing Tony Fund,,,,,,,

Irish Mike likes this.
  29. A Boner

A Boner

Both are very nice.....But I'd keep the HOT ROD!