Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Show Us Your Fabricated Parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Mar 29, 2018.

1. CA. 280

CA. 280

Turbo manifold for an OT, inline 6. Sch.40, 304SS, Weldels, turbo manifold.jpg water jet cut flanges.
    Ready to be ceramic coated.

2. Johnny99

Johnny99

Tool box mount for my long gone O.T. 56. To tuck it in tight to the inner fender had to lop off 1-1/2" from each end of the box to keep the embossed Craftsmen logo centered, belts came from the local thrift store at the suggestion of the lovely MRS. 99 after the local tannery gave me a price to make em that gave me the vapors!

m5612.jpg

3. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

I had almost forgot about these;
    A buddy of mine and I are customizing a 58 Packard Starlight. We managed to scrounge up an old Weiand dual 2brl intake and some Stromberg WW carbs with the side inlets. Once we mounted the carbs we realized that there weren't any air cleaners available that would work so we fabbed these. We purchased the outer round cover and fabbed everything else. We did have to have someone else do the aluminum welding for us. Over all they came out pretty good.

20170114_151253.jpg 20170326_164212.jpg 20170202_214533.jpg

4. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Greetings Steve!, do you recall the name of the trailer supply co.? Do they ship ?

loudbang likes this.
  5. [/ATTACH] bed panel front.JPG roll pan 20.JPG wanted some side extenders and roll pan for my 36 pickup...needed to put the grill back together with 3 1/2 inches wacked and all new grill bars

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  6. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

[​IMG]

Decided I wanted stock looking steelies in a bigger diameter for my old f250. Found out quickly that unless you drive a lifted diesel, 8 lug wheel choices are slim to say the least. So i used centers from an old set of Firestone widow maker split ring wheels and hoops from 18" camaro steelies and Frankensteined my own. I cut the hubcap rings from another set of useless wheels so I could snap on 10 1/2" dog dish caps. It was a huge pain in the ass but it was worth it

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

brEad, williebill, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  7. Redneck trailer supply, http://www.redneck-trailer.com/ part number BC8 Yes they ship.

King ford and loudbang like this.
  8. My quickchange came with a pinion mounted rotor and caliper so I used a hunk of square tubing to make a mount for a Wilwood master cylinder...snuggles in beside the transmission ...makes a hydraulic park brake activated with a 30s ford park brake handle...plumbing it now. 34parkbrake2.jpg 34parkbrake3.jpg 34parkbrake5.jpg

9. That's a great idea Rocky. Any details on the pinion mounted rotor and caliper? I need to help add brakes to an old snow cat and that would be just the ticket! They run an open drive Dodge or Ford rear axle without brakes.

10. strait8

strait8
    from Skokie, IL

You guys amaze me. The level of workmanship on your fab work is incredible. Here are my attempts at some simple fab work. Hoping to get better at it.

Attached Files:

11. strait8

strait8
    from Skokie, IL

Hit the wrong button too soon!
    Front disc brake conversion booster bracket.
    Shaved & see thru valve cover with Buick emblem and radio delete and air cleaner made from 2 dog dish hubcaps with Buick insignia on it.
    Fan shroud from cookie tin with copper edge.
    Headliner bows made from bar stock wrapped in vinyl to help the original bows because my headliner material was too heavy.

Attached Files:

brEad, loudbang and Hackerbilt like this.
  12. chubbie

chubbie

when i'm busy , hard at it I never think to take pictures. May I still play? I had to mill my 330 heads .060 on a build and the Olds A 4 aluminum intake didn't fit. So I went back to my machinest and he told me he didn't do the intakes! So I thought about it for a few days and set up my router with a carbide bit! took off .040 off of each side and it fit perfect.

alanp561, pat59, RMR&C and 2 others like this.
  13. strait8

strait8
    from Skokie, IL

Chubbie I like your air cleaner much better than mine!

RMR&C likes this.
  14. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

318 head #3.JPG spaqcerjpg 001.JPG 318 head #2.JPG cat dodge bro..JPG Here is sawing a 360 Head in half. Fabing a spacer. And welding it back togeatherto fit on a 26 Dodge block. Required moving the bolt holes in the head also

15. cretin and Wrench666 like this.
  16. strait8

strait8
    from Skokie, IL

Rich that that head is wicked cool! Just the thought process to think it is possible eludes me. Pretty sure all I could handle of that fab might be getting the head cut in half-ish.... Sheer precision man! Is it running?

loudbang likes this.
  17. Running boards I made. Tacked to gether.
    RB8.jpg
    Finished.
    RB13.jpg

18. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Hackerbilt and loudbang like this.
  19. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

ontheblock.JPG
    The idea for the head was from a member here, Zendog. I have some limitations on how much work I can get done. And Zenon was coming over and working on the head with me. In fact, he bought the head to start with. But I got slower and slower and Zenon had other responsibilitys. So it pretty much ground to a stop. A couple of months ago I sold the car and engine. Now the engine is in New Zealand and the car in Orange, Ca. Later this year they should get back together with the new owner and make a pass at El Mirage. Then I guess it's off to New Zealand for it. Here it is with the plate to cover the rest of the block and adapt the injectors I used. The plates on the ends were just for setup on the mill.

20. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

With the injectors. I had just finished the valve cover and pushrod guide plates when progress stopped. linkage.jpg 001.JPG

21. strait8

strait8
    from Skokie, IL

Rich I am not familiar with the engines original head or altered head but is it safe to assume this has a custom cam going into it with lobes in different locations than the original? What about pushrod/guide angles and coolant passages?

loudbang likes this.
  22. strait8

strait8
    from Skokie, IL

I just looked up 1926 Dodge engine and 360 Dodge engine. This is a flathead with a V8 head on it? So does this mean the original valves on the block are used and the overhead valves on the head are eliminated? Like I said I cannot even fathom the thought process.

loudbang likes this.
  23. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Strait8, is that copper tubing on that brake system? Bones

24. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Looks like Ni-cop to me.

loudbang likes this.
  25. strait8

strait8
    from Skokie, IL

Yup! Ni-Copp! Am I about learn something?

loudbang likes this.
  26. Kunifer (NiCopp) is the brakeline of choice over here. Top quality stuff and nothing like copper. Has many advantages over stainless or mild steel line.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  27. I make and sell these 28/29 Ford chopped folding posts here on the HAMB
    [​IMG]

loudbang and Hackerbilt like this.
  28. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Much like an Ardun head, the original valves and valve guides are removed to allow pushrods to reach the rocker arms. The valve sequence is the same on the '26 Dodge and the LA series Dodge.Water is run through the head from the radiator and then passes through the block. This is called a "Dry Deck" engine. Which I have done before and works fine. I had to cut, angle, and reweld the guide plates. Not unusual on race motors. Since you like this one. Here is my '32 Plymouth with '57 Ford head. Didn't need to stretch the head on the Plymouth block. Plymouth and Dodge were not the same and Dodge was not even part of Chrysler Corp. when this one was made. DSCN8159.JPG

29. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I know nothing about Hi-copp, sounds like might be the thing, I don’t know. It just looked like “ copper tubing” that you get at the plumbing store in the pic and I know you don’t want that stuff in a brake system. Just trying to look out for my fellow hot rodders, be safe. Bones

I looked , and NiCopp IS for brake lines and is supposed to be better than steel, so, sorry, just ignore my post, Bones

loudbang likes this.