Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Help me find a thieving, no good, dirty bastard from Australia...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

If he is seen selling them at another event he leaves himself open to further legal action. Many of us here will be watching for him to see what he does next.

2. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

No one is stopping him from producing product that does not affect trade marked product.

3. Never said they were but he obviously doesn't care that he's a scumbag so unless every company that he is stealing from takes legal action he will just keep selling the ones that don't come after him.

Sent from my SM-G950W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  4. 5window

5window

The next leap year is 2020. Of course, if I have 366 days to choose, it might not be 2/29. Any day off would still give me 365, right? If you're silly enough keep an eye on it, maybe it comes down for a day-if I even remember. Guess you better keep tabs and send me a reminder on 2/28/20. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    G-son likes this.
  5. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I think calling him a scumbag is over the top. A fool or idiot is possibly closer to the real thing as he has shown that he has no idea what he is doing is wrong. I have no doubt the action being taken will make him more aware and if we see him again at any event selling any thing he should not then I have no doubt he will be fronted yet again.

6. OzyRodder

OzyRodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He was selling at Broadford Swap this morning. No change to his products, he just isn't putting the noted ones front and centre.

7. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Can you tell me if any of the HAMB or CUMMINS could be seen on his stand even if partly hidden ?

8. OzyRodder

OzyRodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was only looking for the HAMB ones and they were placed so the logo was hidden. Not sure about Cummins

9. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

We have one design patent and two logo copyrights for an automotive product that we designed and sell. Our patent attorney advised that we should hope that nobody tries to infringe on the design patent because the defense will cost at least $50K...... he said bluffing is the best defense.

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I don't know what to think about people calling on me to ignore it and let this guy get away with theft... I mean, I feel like doing that is cowardly... And I'm not yella... Hell, I'm itching for a fight. I have a lawyer on retainer that's gotta eat... and he's as hungry as he is nasty. I mean, he's a total Ferrari driving dirtbag with no regard for anyone but himself. He's an animal. And he's the perfect man for this job.

Anyway, the theif's name is Andrew John Van Rossum. He does business under a few different names, but "Vintage Central" seems to be the most current. That name, however, is not registered as a business name in Australia.

We are gonna get him (legally) soon enough.

Blue One, Thor1, Sancho and 6 others like this.
  11. Deuces

Deuces

I wonder if he's reading this.... I bet he is!!!.. And quaking in his shorts right about now.... :):mad:

12. 5window

5window

I wouldn't be sure he's reading this. He probably only knows enough about the HAMB to steal the designs. Ryan, you are right to go about it legally. There's always somebody tougher and meaner, but nobody beats the law. Please keep us posted.

13. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

I get it but I think only people who have “produced” something will get it. Artists get it as would writers and photographers , I’m probably some of those and get pissed pretty easy if someone takes anything of mine without at least acknowledging the source

Sancho likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.