Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Tbiker99

Tbiker99

Wondering what some light tint and either Chrome Reverse w/wide whites or Torque Thrusts w/blackwalls would would like. I don't plan to do too much to it, but nothing wrong with seeing other options.
    IMG_20180321_184036159.jpg

2. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love 51's....After the Torque Thrusts...Ford AeroStar front springs...drops 1-1/2 to 2"......Moose sold me on my stocker.

Tbiker99 likes this.
  3. Tbiker99

Tbiker99

I installed the Aerostars, dropped the front a solid 2". To me it now looks like it always should have; doesn't look dropped. I like the slight forward stance. Don't plan to drop the rear, but maybe some day down the road I'll change my mind.

4. aw.jpg crw.jpg

kiwijeff, Tbiker99 and 52 ford coe like this.
  5. Tbiker99

Tbiker99

Thanks Moose,
    These help quite a bit. Both look good, but I think I'm really leaning towards the TT's (I think I'd do the solid chrome versions). I also think I might lean toward 16s. Tint is exactly what I want. Just enough to cut down on some of the NM heat without looking dark. I'm not ready to pull the trigger, but this gives me something to stare at for a while. Thanks again.

6. flynstone

flynstone

7. flynstone

flynstone

8. kiwijeff likes this.
  9. And another green..

green2.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  10. flynstone

flynstone

thanks sorry for the hassle, that's looks good but I was thinking something diff I will find and post...thank you so much for hard work

11. flynstone

flynstone

moose I typed in rivi gold and a site came up that answered my question, so I'm good...thanks again for you work on this site...you rock

12. gonmad

gonmad

Hey Moose, could you photoshop Cody’s into my possession?!? LoL!

kiwijeff likes this.
  13. NO offense but if Photoshop had that capability that car would be sitting in my garage...:D

slv63, kiwijeff, gonmad and 1 other person like this.
  14. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Hell, if Photoshop could do that I'd have Photoshop, a space/time warping garage, more cars than Mr. Leno, and a grin you couldn't budge with a nuclear blast. :D

15. You all do FANTASTIC work in Photoshop!!! I never got around to getting a real copy of Photoshop, so I just mess around with MSPaint a little.
    I try to find a photo online that is of a sufficient size & resolution and right click and SAVE AS onto my desktop. Right click on it and OPEN WITH and select PAINT.
    I use the "Free Form Selection" and simply draw a line across the gravel and up & over the wheels/tires an approximate amount that I want to "lower" the car, and simply drag the ground and the tires UP into the body (which I learned the hard way was far easier than trying to actually lower the body). It'll leave a gap in the gravel, but doing another "Free Form Selection" and copying a small, random, patch of gravel and then using Copy and then Paste all over the hole in the gravel, you can "fix" the holes that you made. (Check out the sky above the car - I intentionally did a little more crude job with the clouds so that you could see how I've done it.)
    Obviously you can't (easily) change things like paint color or wheels & tires unless you get really good with the Copy & Paste from another photo that you have open in MSPaint
    I also like to mess with background things just to see if anyone notices. You can "borrow" pieces of the car to "fix" things like trim & glass, or "borrow" things like bricks to mess with the house in the background. "Hmmm.... I thought that house had more windows on that wall....???" Enjoy!

Attached Files:

509garyd likes this.
  16. @Yellowrr
    That came out pretty darned good. Have you ever tried the free program Gimp. It has quite a few good tools to let you be a bit more creative than MS Paint. I used to play around with paint until my daughter who is a graphics designer let me use her version of Photoshop and the rest is history.

slv63 and Sancho like this.
  17. wvenfield

wvenfield

Just because.........I thought it might be interesting to post the photoshop Moose did awhile back with a pic of where I am now.

gasser (1).jpg DSC_3027 copy copy.jpg

18. Wow that looks great. I love it when I see a rendering of something I did in bitland become a reality...Thanks for posting...You made my day!!!!:)

19. tripleduece

tripleduece
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wife wants wheels on her wagon. Can someone doctor up these hurst wheels on here? IMG_5915.JPG IMG_5914.JPG IMG_5916.JPG

Whichever wagon is easier. Hers is pulled apart at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. wheels.jpg

21. Peanut 1959 likes this.
  22. @themoose - Thanks! I've had a lot of fun with my friends over the years using Paint. I've heard of Gimp, but have never actually sat down, installed it or tried it. Life just moves too fast when I'm not in the office working. Someday I'll slow down a little.
    For what it's worth, I also use a free photo handler / viewer called Irfanview. LOVE it for batch resizing, renaming, cropping, tweaking overexposed or badly lit photos, etc. (Google it or download it from CNET, etc.) It's no Photoshop either, but it's FAR better than the standard Windows photo viewer that comes preinstalled on most PCs now. One really minor Irfanview feature that I use often and love is dragging a box around the photo to create a Crop border and then being able to drag it bigger or smaller on any edge without having to start all over again. I also use the Batch Resize/Rename feature for getting the photos from my phone down to a reasonable size (from the 5 MB/ea. that my phone is stuck on). Did I mention that it was FREE? I have even sent this guy a few bucks over the years because I like it THAT much!
    I'll also have to find some of the other Paint photos that I've modified and post them here some time.

themoose likes this.
  23. Flamed48

Flamed48

Free for all

Attached Files:

gonmad and 509garyd like this.
  24. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Perfect ..... Leave it alone.......:)

slv63 likes this.
  25. Epy

Epy

Now that's next on my to own list. Just like that as jimmy said ....leave it alone (alright play with the colour but that's it) Flamed48 its beautiful I'm jealous

26. A minor chop a couple of small mods and a change in color....

chev.jpg

27. tripleduece

tripleduece
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

28. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Any of you PhotoShop gurus want to have a go at colorizing this historic photo using the actual colors of these kustoms?[​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  29. wvenfield likes this.
  30. Flamed48

Flamed48

Could one of you gentle men put the car in gray and white with the black steelies on the rear as well thank you

Attached Files:

509garyd likes this.