Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Lost Custom ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gregg Pellicer, Mar 25, 2018.

1. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

So @Squablow What year did your old shop teacher look at the car and where was it located then. I`m guessing it`s in Florida now.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well the good thing might be that as far as we know it isn't some famous car built by some famous shop and if a guy were to buy it and make some changes to clean it up few people would get pissy about it as long as you kept to a mid/late 50's I'm going to build my own cool sports car theme.
    It might be scary as hell after it is stripped to bare metal though. You kind of have to wonder how much of that custom front end came out of gallon cans.

3. Squablow

Squablow

Just recently, like in the last couple of months. He said the owner had those pictures with him and he was able to take snapshots of them with his phone.

stanlow69 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Interesting, The camper in the background is probably 80's.. When it was painted last

5. BJR

BJR

Obviously the guy selling the car is just making up stories to try to sell the car, as each story is different, and doesn't match the car. (Corvette rear fenders that rust)

6. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

I'm thinking '52 or '53 Ford dash, not a '54. All the '54's I remember had the Plexi "skylight" over the gauge cluster with the turn indicators on the outside bottom corners.

Can't remember the US Merc dashes from that era and no idea about the Canadian Ford or Merc dashesfrom the same time frame.

Ed

7. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

There's a thick layer of Spohnliness on that ...

stanlow69 likes this.
  8. verde742

verde742

1942 Ford steering wheel : not the same, But close to subjects wheel.[​IMG]

9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Count from the top: SECOND ONE DOWN (with the engine turned dash plates) and the sun-lit speedo is the '54 Ford dash! The last two are '53 Fords.
    Ask me how many I've had of each...still have a '54 Coupe. Er...with an extra dash... LOL

10. ring gap

ring gap

If they didn't put that shield on the trunk ...I think a spare tire goes there...????...it would help it out looking better...but you can't put lipstick on a pig ...can you???;)