Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Falcons... Street/Strip cars..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuces, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Fair enough, I went back and re-read your post title. Gasser “style” cars. I love the look as well, hopefully the original poster understands why guys get offended about the abuse of the term “gasser”. There are a lot of guys on this board that lived the era we are tying to recreate and do their best to try and educate us young guys about the way things really were. You can’t put a price on their knowledge and here they are trying to give it away for free. I have no problem with people wanting to build a gas class inspired car for the street just do it with respect for the history you are trying to duplicate.

quicksilverart46 likes this.
  2. caseyajones

caseyajones

3. Deuces

Deuces

I believe they are..... To me and most others on this board, that's a good thing....:)

Used Up Junk and caseyajones like this.
  4. nugget32

nugget32

Anyone have a picture of "Balkins Falcon" from the Minnesota area mid 60s. Owned by Sam Balkin from North St Paul, Mn

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Rocks Rod & Custom

Rocks Rod & Custom
    from Raytown MO

6. Ya know it’s strange...I’ve posted on a couple “drag race” car threads on here...And both times I got reprimanded...maybe I’ll stick to the Kustom threads..I figured a 60’s Camaro that looked like every car in the thread i.e cragars, 60’s style paint, decals on the car and windows...apparently it was the wrong class car...and classes are broken down by weight and displacement...I guess I was supposed to know both of those before I put the pic in the thread..also lots of post 64 pics in it so I didn’t feel it was out of line...guess the traditional police have a new branch around here...keep the falcons coming..please

32John likes this.
  7. No Mustangs here ..Read the rules

8. No Camaros here . Read the rules.

9. One of my favorites, built by Chuckles Garage. Blown nail head, with some rare old speedparts. 14646664751_0e6f234943_b.jpg a163b8163c4ff44057d7478f8d5d217b.jpg IMG_6926.jpg

10. Deuces

Deuces

11. Now injected, The Strange Bird. 94284e9963946d78b8439de4dbb4f380.jpg 14463306288_6a13f9f4db_b.jpg Backseat-Driver-1962-Gasser-Falcon.jpg

12. Don't know. Didn't see it. What year was it? That's the deciding factor.
    I happen to like 66-67 Chevy II's. They're the same under the skin as 62-65's. They're not allowed here. I live with it.I don't make the rules.

13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I too love the 66/67 Novas, I have one and I've had photos booted, no biggie, I get why guidelines need to be established.
    As far as OT cars go, yes, some slide by once in a while, I think it depends on how many times the "report" button gets pushed to trigger a mods attention.
    It's those instances where some newbie sees the rare OT car and thinks it must be ok and when he's reprimanded he feels butt hurt and says "well, Jimmy gets to do it".
    Another thing that triggers attention is a car that appears perfectly HAMB friendly but the photo has all kinds of modern stuff in the background like new duallies, enclosed trailers, pop-up canopies, etc.
    I think some creative photo composing would make all the difference in getting approval.

14. Then you should go back and check some of those threads..lots of later 60’s vehicles pictured...just sayin!

quick85 likes this.
  15. Deuces

Deuces

Thank^^^^^ you!!!!!:)

quick85 likes this.
  16. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

17. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I built this '65 Falcon Sprint in '73.

240 ci Ford six
    T&C toploader trans
    9" Ford - 5.43 gears
    Econoline straight axle
    fiberglass hood, doors, front fenders, bumpers, deck lid
    2510# RTR

endangerspec.jpg

The car still exists today, in Canada, with a 460 BBF.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  18. Very cool..what did it run?

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER likes this.
  19. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

It’s funny, I never really cared for the early Round body Falcons all that much until I saw a few built with a heavy gasser influence. They seem to lend themselves so well to a slight nose up stance and a BIG radius job on the rear quarters. Best of all they’re crazy light so it doesn’t take a ton of horsepower to have a bunch of fun. Great thread Deuces, let’s keep those Falcons coming!

mad mikey, Deuces and caseyajones like this.
  20. caseyajones

caseyajones

20180325_222939.jpg

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  21. Deuces

Deuces

Thank you sir!!!.... :)

Outback likes this.
  22. tpw35

tpw35

Thanks, I think the stance is very important on this style car.

Deuces likes this.
  23. caseyajones

caseyajones

I agree! The "Hound Dog Gasser" in particular showed me how good the older round body Falcons can really look. Squatting down in the rear with large fender radiuses.. nose slightly up.. fairly low stance overall and not all jacked up in the air. It just looks aggressive and mean. IMG_0044.jpeg IMG_0041.jpeg
    IMG_0080.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  24. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Agreed casey, the Hound Dog was exactly the car I was thinking about I just went blank on the name. It just has such a purposeful “all business” look.

caseyajones likes this.
  25. caseyajones

caseyajones

26. caseyajones

caseyajones

27. caseyajones

caseyajones

Both the "Hound Dog", and Gabriel Burrell's "Southern Flyer" really inspired me by showing me how good a Falcon drag car/gasser could look. As has already been pointed out, the added benefit of the Falcon's light weight just sealed the deal for me as being the perfect car me to build as a nostalgia drag car. When I told my dad that I really wanted to find a 60-63 Falcon to build he told me he had just seen one at the Portland swap meet a few days prior and that it had a lot of nice work done to it already, such as radiused rear wheel wells, full roll cage, etc. I quickly put out a craigslist ad in Portland to see if anyone knew who owned the Falcon in question or to see if it was still available. Within a few short hours I received a response from a gentleman who had actually snapped a photo of the car at the swap meet and the sellers name and phone number could clearly be seen in the photo. I called the seller immediately and after some negotiations, secured the car and picked it up several days later. It is now a father son project for my dad and I and I'm extremely excited to get it finished and out onto the drag strip where it belongs... hopefully next year! The stance of how it's going to sit is really important to me so I appreciate these threads because it gives me more input and confirms to me how I want it to sit and look. 20170930_164133.jpg

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  28. Very cool CASEY. Has all the makings of a great old drag car. Have fun with that wicked little bird.:)

Deuces, loudbang and caseyajones like this.
  29. stpaulsdealmaker

stpaulsdealmaker

Not to get off Topic, I love them little Falcons, but not really into gassers