Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie to the board from Buffalo.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Rambler man Dan, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Rambler man Dan

Rambler man Dan

What' up everyone. I'm a newbie to the board here. I'm from buffalo, NY and have a 1959 rambler wagon and a 1976 triumph spitfire. My wife has a 1963 Chevy II as well.
    The rambler is my current project. It is a 2 owner southern cali car and It had the original drivetrain when i bought it but was in dire need of help. It now has a 350 sbc, a turbo 350 Trans and a Ford 8.8 rear end. Been working on it for a few months.
    The triumph I have had a little over 10 years. It's a great little sports car that I brought back from just about the dead to basically like new.
    My wife's 1963 Chevy II is a 4 door with the original straight 6. I've done some motor work and did a twin carb setup on it.
    I've always lurked around here but now have finally decided to join up. I look forward to checking out and chiming in on threads.
    Thanks all!

2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi Dan & welcome. It is really great how all of the old wagons have popped back in style & prominence with the hot rod & custom crowd. My dad had both a 53 & 56 Ford wagon when I got my drivers license in 53. I really loved that 53 for its looks but the 56 for its Thunderbird engine.
    That Rambler will make a great family cruiser.
    Back in 1966 I purchased a used 63 Chevy 2 four door that someone had stuck a 283 in. Ran like a bat out of hell. Sure surprised those that revved their engine at me at red lights. I would give them the thumbs up and away we went when the light changed.
    What engine is in the 63 of your wife's? Likely a 250? If so that is a great engine. The avatar in my reply is a 1957 235 inline Chevy bored out 060 with hot cam, headers, dual intake with two 2 barrel Weber carbs.
    We are just finishing up changing out the manual 3 speed to a T350 & a 57 Chevy pickup rear end. Would have finished it Friday but they sent over the wrong size axel seals for the rear end and it was too late to finish then. Hopefully Tomorrow will bring correct seals so we can get new axel bearings on & test drive.
    Trying to get my 46 Coupe back on the road has been a nightmare trying to finish up. Complete one thing on the list and that makes 3 more peek their ugly heads up for more work.
    Post some build photo's of the rambler if you can on the Hokey ass message board and a lot more of us will see them there. Get it finished and drive the wheels off of it.
    Jimmie

3. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

Welcome, you'll have a great time here.

I learned how to drive in a 1952 Nash Rambler station wagon six cylinder, three on the tree, painted maroon with the wood side treatment. It was so ugly I doubt if I could pick up a hooker let alone a high school girl.
    My first car was a two door Chevy II with a six and 3 speed standard on the column.