Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '27 Roadster Build.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Texas36, Aug 29, 2015.

1. [​IMG] Got our shop space back after 5 years of leasing it out. No more wood shed! Still need to do a lot of cleanup and electrical work but moved the cars over yesterday. May be slow on roadster updates for the next few weeks as I move out of the shed and get everything set up.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. You could road test your car without going outside! Cool shed.:cool::cool: JW

Texas36 and OFT like this.
  3. I'm jealous. I'm building mine in the front yard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

4. I definitely feel incredibly fortunate. I could hardly even tolerate building in my shed so Ive got respect for someone doing it outside...

5. I'm halted for the moment. Got snow and too cold and wet to work. Sucks with a deadline looming.

6. Heck your PM please.

7. Does anyone know what size the nut is that holds the pitman arm to an F1 box? and also If im running Edelbrock heads on my engine, what length head stud will I need?

8. [​IMG][​IMG] cool updates coming soon

9. All your updates are cool !!:cool::D JW

Texas36 likes this.
  10. Sometimes I feel the need to skip about 100 or so steps on my project. I was in need of some more motivation so decided to give her a brush paint job. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I used Valspar tractor paint. Im really impressed with how it leveled out. Im going to scuff it and put on another coat because its a bit streaky in some areas but im stoked

11. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

12. Wow, this is coming together nicely.

Texas36 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  13. lake_harley

lake_harley

The brush paint job fits the character of your car's build.....and I do mean that as a compliment! Probably lots of hot rods were brush painted "back in the day". It looks great!

Lynn

Texas36 and AmishMike like this.
  14. That gives it a new attitude and those wide fives and........ it just looks cool!!:cool::cool: JW

Texas36 likes this.
  15. Thanks for the kind words guys! My October deadline is closer than it seems...

AndersF and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  16. Deadline:eek:.... that means lots of updates...cool !!:cool::cool:JW

Texas36 and AndersF like this.
  17. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Looking great, what size are those rear tires?

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

Texas36 likes this.
  18. Thanks, they are 750s and the front are 600s. Ill put blackwalls up front eventually but dont want to shell out the cash just yet

19. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

Texas36 likes this.
  20. madfish

madfish

21. rwrj

rwrj
    from SW Ga

Man, I like this. Just saw it, and haven't had a chance to go through from the top, but I will. I'm the same about skipping steps, just go where my enthusiasm leads. I sometimes end up getting in my own way, but I don't mind. Keeps me interested and involved. I like the brush job, and the color. I agree that it fits your build, and I also agree that's a compliment.

Texas36 likes this.
  22. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

madfish. That thing looks sharp. Hell of a job. Keep us updated. Bob................

Texas36 likes this.
  23. Awesome, thanks

24. Dude! This made my day man I think you can read my mind! Seriously im saving this and using it as my computer background!

25. Thanks I appreciate the kind words! Did you ever finish that speedster?

26. That paint job is awesome. Did you use a regular brush or a sponge brush? Thin the paint any?

Texas36 likes this.
  27. madfish

madfish

28. Thanks! I just went to home depot and bought the softest brush they had. I was originally going to thin the paint a little (valspar tractor paint) but decided not to. Two coats did pretty well, I just had to be very diligent to smooth out any runs I saw. If you get up close you can definitely see faint brush marks but In my case its what I was going for. Over all with the paint and the brush it cost me +/- $20. BTW I only bought a quart of paint and I still have more than enough to do the grill shell YMMV!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Tim likes this.
  29. Even better!! Thanks a ton for the inspiration!

30. rwrj

rwrj
    from SW Ga

Still plugging away. Just read this whole thread, and really enjoyed it. Thank you for posting it.

Texas36 likes this.