Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Magazines

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wrench666, Mar 22, 2018.

1. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

they rolled my r&c sub into hot rod. also read car craft, hemmings, hemmings classic car, old cars weekly and car culture deluxe.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Wrench666

Wrench666

Right now I read ol’skool rods and car culture deluxe.

3. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Rodder’s Journal-Hemmings-Kustom Illustrated( like the little pages) & Luke does a great job with it. Got #2/#3 of the Jalopy Journal, anybody got #1 issue?

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I used to buy them all. now I only read Hot Rod Deluxe. I used to get Rodders Journal but they closed all the book stores :(:mad::confused:o_O..... probably should have got a subscription but never did. I have the first 50 issues or so.

Atwater Mike and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

I just bought 2 Hot Rod magazines from 1962 at an antique mall. 2 dollars apiece! Great reading. So much better than modern magazines. They actually show you how to do things. And all the car features are great.

Church Key likes this.
  6. nvrenuff

nvrenuff
    from new jersey

I have so many totes from about 1978 back of everything with an engine. Dune buggy, hotrod, streetbikes, offroad-even have a metal detecting and strength building from the 60s-70s. I miss the early Garage magazine but still get hotrod and 4wheel and offroad for the bathroom

Sent from my SM-G900V using H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

HRD, Rodders Journal, Classic Car, Vintage Truck, Canadian Hot Rods, Street Rodder, and Rodding USA. I need to drop two or three. Probable start with Street Rodder.

8. 41GASSER

41GASSER

Just Gary likes this.
  9. xhooligan_skeeterx

xhooligan_skeeterx

Kustoms Illustrated, Rodders Journal, sometimes some of the newer hot rod mags, but I have and continue to collect a lot of the old pocket/mini mags.

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. ...I get lots of magazines, have always loved car magazines,...just got the latest Hot Rod Deluxe yesterday, it's full of cool gassers,...always a good mag,...glad they brought it out since good ole R&C is dead.

11. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

TRJ,HRD, Hot Rod, Street Rodder,CC, Hemmings Classic Cars, Hemmings Muscle Machines,OCW,and Rodding USA.
    Still looking for a few 2008 issues of HRD.......anybody?

12. 1940Willys

1940Willys

Lifetime member The Rodder's Journal, Thank you very much Steve.

13. Must be for the articles since it's a glorified swimsuit mag now. :)

14. lothiandon1940 likes this.
  15. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

HOT ROD DELUXE because there's a good mix of cars and history. HOT ROD because of
    its monthly historical trips into the past. Each year I give away the Hot Rod's through
    craigslist and they generally go to kids.

16. Wrench666

Wrench666

I used to have a subscription to playboy But gave up on it when even the article started to suck. And If we wanna see the other T&A it’s just a clic away

17. 0351

from ONTARIO,CA

seabeecmc, enloe and lothianwilly71 like this.
  18. None. Gave up on them before they cancelled Rod & Custom the last time. All they are any longer is ads and 'tech articles' that are actually reprints of after market parts installation instruction manuals. I still get Hot Rod and Street Rodders in the mail. I haven't subscribed fro years but they keep giving me free extensions! I thumb thru them but rarely stop on any page. Takes less than a minute to 'read' one. Just isn't anything in there that interests me any longer. I occasionally pick up a Rodder's Journal or Hot Rod Deluxe at the news stand (one every 5 years or so) if an article interests me.

I do still have my '50s, '60s, '70s, & early '80s collections of R&C, Car Craft, Hot Rod, Street Rodder, Hot Rod Mechanix, Rod Action, Model Car Science, Car Modeler, Rod & Custom Models (only published for one year but are the absolute best model car magazines eve published), etc. form when they were really useful publications. Much rather pull out a few of those and read them for an hour or two than open a current mag.

Church Key likes this.
  19. junkman8888

junkman8888

It seems every automotive magazine I've subscribed to ends up out of business:
    Hot Rod Mechanix
    Rodder's Digest
    Custom Rodder
    Rod and Custom
    American Rodder
    Maybe I should subscribe to something put out by congress--That'll fix 'em!

46international and SR100 like this.
  20. AZbent

AZbent

I get classic trucks. The only resason, I get that is I can get a year for $9.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

mkebaird likes this.
  21. chriseakin

chriseakin

Hot Rod and Street Rodder, Old Autos News, sometimes buy Canadian Hot Rods and a few others from the news stands along with Wooden Boats.

22. Got a subscription for Street Rodder as Christmas present. Truly some well crafted Hot Rods, being covered nowadays.
    Still ALLOT of ads

23. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Rodders Journal, Hot Rod, Hot Rod Deluxe, Rod & Kulture, Hemmings Classic Car.

And my collection of old mags: Street Rodder, Rod & Custom, Rod Action, Car Craft

24. Rodder's Journal subscriber, need to get Hop Up again... pick up Hot Rod Deluxe from time to time on the news stand...

25. Gavin Tittle

Gavin Tittle

I'm 17, never saw the halcyon days of the american automotive magazine, but I do own a few mid-late 50's hot rod magazines.
    the current ones I buy on regular are Hemmings Motor News, Hot Rod, Street Rodder, and Hot Rod Deluxe.
    what can I say, I cant be picky when its all I got

Church Key and lothiandon1940 like this.
  26. 208custom

208custom

Its Currently only Hop Up for me. I think they are doing a great job.

27. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks for the kind words about TRJ. We pour our heart and soul into each and every one of them and we're glad that so many of you are readers. We're working to make the magazine even more relevant than ever and we couldn't do any of this without your support. Stay tuned for more big things!

Church Key, norms30a, enloe and 4 others like this.
  28. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I don’t know of any magazine these days that can be supported by subscription and retail sales alone. The ads pay so you don’t have to.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  29. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Way to go Gavin, you and your generation may be the ones to save this hobby.

30. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

No body wanting to cut loose a Jalopy Journal #1? Maybe Ryan might have a lead....how bout it Boss.