Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects BACK TO MY ROOTS-261 CHEVROLET 6 Powered Model A Stock Car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Robert J. Palmer, May 22, 2015.

1. ring gap

ring gap

Nice job...watched alot of races at midstate speedway in Morris..do you remember Pete cordes ..he was track champion many years...here's a picture and I own the car now...it's same car in my avatar...I don't know what direction I,m gonna go with it IMG_20180318_1701266_rewind.jpg

2. No, Mid-State closed about ten years before I was born.
    However I do know Pete Cordes.
    My father Willard crewed for Bill Roese at Mid-State, latter he helped Jack Miller.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    ring gap likes this.
  3. ring gap

ring gap

I recall cars with 6 cylinders beating small block Chevy alot ...I tip my hat to you and the ole racers that could build a 6 to beat a v8 ... there is a website...www.midstatespeedway...has alot of other local tracks...lots of pictures and info

4. Yes, I know most of the Mid-State guys. Dick and Jeff Ackerman they have bought parts from me.

ring gap likes this.
  5. Something big coming tomorrow.

6. So long truck. Hello sedan!! IMG_0289.JPG IMG_0290.JPG IMG_0292.JPG IMG_0293.JPG IMG_0294.JPG

At it's new home
    IMG_0299.JPG IMG_0300.JPG IMG_0302.JPG

7. that is not a chevy.

kiwijeff likes this.
  8. Nope, Ford has a better idea!

kiwijeff, ct1932ford and tb33anda3rd like this.
  9. Sweet ! That is a Great find! Are you sure that’s from the north where’s the rust? It looks really solid.

Robert J. Palmer likes this.
  10. Looks cherry!

11. Over all pretty good, it needs some work down low. IMG_0313.JPG IMG_0301.JPG IMG_0305.JPG IMG_0306.JPG IMG_0295.JPG IMG_0296.JPG IMG_0304.JPG

Extra parts, firewall, seats, wood kit, window regulators ect...
    IMG_0310.JPG IMG_0311.JPG IMG_0312.JPG

12. Awesome! Looking forward to the build going to be done for the White Wall A Rama

13. I am going to build a state of the art late 50's early 60's outlaw modified stock car. Pure race car not street driven.
    The Mid-State Antique Stock Car put on a handful of shows a year.
    Pretty good deal park the car behind the grand stand, get some hot laps, watch the modern cars, all for just being a member of the club.

However I am not going to cut up the body, and I will bolt the doors not weld them.
    So if I ever wanted to change gears after it is finished the body can still be used.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    ct1932ford likes this.
  14. That’s a cool idea especially being able to have future changes.

BradinNC and Robert J. Palmer like this.
  15. Examples of the Mid-State Antique Stock Car Club-

Cliff Kotary (The Copper City Cowboy) won the New York State Fair (One Mile Dirt oval) race 6 consecutive times 1960-1966 with this 33 Ford.
    Vintage photos 1963 win.
    Car and Photos owned by Jeff Ackerman/ http://www.midstateantiquestockcarclub.com/jackerman90.html
    upload_2018-3-31_16-20-19.png

Cliff with the car
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Dick Ackerman with the Mouseville Monster original driver Moose Cary
    upload_2018-4-1_2-37-10.png upload_2018-4-1_2-38-2.png [​IMG]

ct1932ford, kiwijeff and tb33anda3rd like this.
  16. I would like have a roller chassis at the White Wall-Rama, maybe caged with the body sitting on it.

17. Sounds like a goal ! My 37 is finally ready for pimer ! Looking forward to watching your build sounds like it’s going to be really cool

18. I am going to build it period correct.
    However I will have little more of a cage then would have been run at time (more door bars). Not full scale racing but hot laps.
    M-7 Dodge military truck seat, and U.S.A.F seat belts dated 1957.

I will swap in modern Race Belts for track time.

19. That’s cool there’s nothing wrong with a little added safety and it’s a fair trade for track time!

20. Some sins of the past- IMG_0370.JPG IMG_0371.JPG IMG_0372.JPG IMG_0373.JPG IMG_0374.JPG IMG_0376.JPG IMG_0377.JPG IMG_0378.JPG IMG_0379.JPG

kiwijeff, ct1932ford and patmanta like this.
  21. you have the awesome new shop. why are you working on it out side?

22. Not quite finished inside yet.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  23. this was posted on the vintage photos thread:
    vintage racing pics for the hamb 007.JPG

24. That's the plan, but more sophisticated.

25. The electrician started in the shop Monday. He ran wires for the lights (6 L.E.D.S) and most of the outlets are wired.
    I went a little crazy with outlets.
    Ten four gang outlets (40 outlets 24'x24' Shop)
    Like this-
    upload_2018-4-17_13-58-19.png

One 110 watt 20 amp outlet.
    One 240 watt outlet.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  26. I picked up a N.O.S. Safety Racing hub at the Early Ford V8 swapmeet Fitchburg Mass. Sunday.
    That gives me two rears and the right front just like they did back in the day. Which is a recognized period of time.

[​IMG]

27. The electrician has the first his of the work finish, and it passed the inspection with flying colors.
    I will be going to get building supplies tomorrow and my cousin is going start finishing the inside on Monday.

tb33anda3rd likes this.