Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Spurgin/Giovanine inspired 1925 Chev roadster build thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jimmy B, May 2, 2010.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I beg to differ...o_O

The finish line to the beginning of a past time in a modern era is approaching...;)

Tim_with_a_T likes this.
  2. Nose looks great!

3. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

" least important"? Not to me, and it just keeps getting better. This is the closest thing on here to what I'm trying.

4. Least important my arse! I've been hanging on for 7+years now man! Looking great!

5. Thank you! I have had plenty of practise stuffing up ;)

Thanks for looking in

:cool:

Thanks! I am happy with how it turned out.

Always happy to see my car inspiring others, yeah least important... it's a Chevy ;):D Still can't afford a Ford.

Hey you spelt arse right :D . Thank you for watching and hopefully another year doesn't pass by. I am looking at a May early June finish date, wiring is my biggest hurdle now.

Toe board that needed to be recessed I may run it thru the planishing hammer or may leave as is.
    WP_20180314_11_51_08_Pro.jpg

fur biscuit, r2c1, gordspeed and 4 others like this.
  6. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

Looks perfect Jimmy!

7. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. Gilco33

Gilco33

Stovebolt likes this.
  9. Glad my project has inspired you, my comment of "Least Important" is just my sense of humour or lack of.

Not bad for an inspired build aka not a clone.
    sg-barter-compare.jpg

catdad49, mgtstumpy, KKrod and 10 others like this.
  10. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Really looking nice.

11. Thanks!

WP_20180531_17_06_32_Pro.jpg WP_20180531_17_07_32_Pro.jpg WP_20180531_17_07_52_Pro.jpg

mgtstumpy, KKrod, Tim and 5 others like this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Jimmy B your nearing the Finish Line that ends at the Starting Line to a New Adventure...It's really coming together nicely.

It seems the world is blessed with those ezi roll wheel things and I had the Ole Hotrod on them over the winter. One thing I did notice was the radius of the Tire to the roller didn't jive. I let it go and a week ago I did the ceremonial get it to the ground do some prep and when I raised it off the rollers each tire had divets from the rollers...I don't know if that is permanent but it was an observation. I haven't verified they went away and ride seemed typical. My tires like yours are Bias Ply. Just wondering if you have had any issues such as this?

Jimmy B likes this.
  13. Doin' great Jimmy.

Jimmy B and kidcampbell71 like this.
  14. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Dare I say, it might be nicer looking than the original!

Jimmy B and Stogy like this.
  15. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

The original was pretty crude is several of it's stages but it did it's job well. Its job wasn't winning car shows, it was setting records. In the true tradition of the inspiration this build has gone through several stages to get to this point. I have learned a lot from this thread. Thanks Jimmy!

Stogy and Jimmy B like this.
  16. Love, love, love it.

tb33anda3rd and Stovebolt like this.
  17. Yeah getting close wiring cycle guards and covering seat are the biggest jobs remaining. Can't wait for the next part of the adventure... driving:cool:

Are the ones you have the type that jack the car up? These are the povo pack ones where the tyre sits in a radius so contact is on a continuous radius.

Thanks Tony

Nicer looking maybe, I have had years to refine the look where they did the evolution over months. I still love those pure lines of the original, my next '25 will be very close to what is pictured in the comparison

True, it was built for speed and was rough around the edges, mine is rough around the edges, perfect 20 footer.

Thanks Jamie!

kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.
  18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I look forward to the pics of the road trips. Do you guys have dry lakes or beaches you can run these down one or twice a year such as Pendine or El Mirage. We have nothing to compare our way.

I believe the rollers I have are exactly the same as yours...problem being while the radius was close, neither front or back tires matched and they both contacted the tires at the tops of the rad with the tires then settling into them...I have two sizes. If you look closely you can see the contact points pushing the tires in. You may be fortunate with the size your running in that they actually fit the rad. The pic below illustrates the points where my tires were divoted. I would say that the only real tried and true guarantee of no flat spot potential is block it up and I did that year one of three...As soon as you jack up the car you can feel that area to determine if it has happened.

Roller-pinch.jpg

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  19. Ok yeah they are the same, what size tyres you running? I'm running 5.25/5.50 front, 650 rear and they barely touch. I will have a look when I take them off to see if they have left any divots. I position them then let it down if they aren't centred jack it up & reposition.

We have Lake Gairdner in South Australia that is in the middle of nowhere, It is a Salt Lake like Bonneville. We have Rattletrap at Crowdy Head here in NSW, which is like TROG or Pendine. There is no way in hell I would ever run my car on a beach. I wont be taking my car to many shows, it will be on full registration so I can drive it anytime I want.

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  20. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I've been following along on IG. Truly is a killer build. I look forward to seeing it in motion...

21. Thank you for following, I am hoping for first drive by end of June.

Stogy likes this.
  22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I get the beach thing your Hotrod is very low with a belly pan to boot...and salt isn't the best friend to metal either...hope you have lots of nice newly paved roads.

My tires are 5.50 x 16(front) and 7.00 x 16(rear)...from all my reading flat spots disappear after driving for a bit. Both front and rear exhibited indentation my way. Again not sure if there is any noticeable driving issues...but it was an observation. Good luck with yours...this winter I will position and block.

volvobrynk likes this.
  23. Yesterday was Fathers Day here in OZ, had my dad give me a hand to start the car, we had some teething problems like burning out 2 coils and a dud fuel pump lucky I had a good pump on another engine. It ran, so happy days.

24. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Alright! Now that's a update. Be driving it soon?

volvobrynk, Jimmy B and Outback like this.
  25. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

So cool Jimmy! Awesome!

Jimmy B likes this.
  26. bct

bct

great news !!

Jimmy B likes this.
  27. Really Happy for you !!!!

Jimmy B likes this.
  28. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

NICE!!! That's so awesome!! Such a great build Jimmy!!

Jimmy B likes this.