Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Headlight information sought

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TTR, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Do we have any headlight collectors or individuals with in-depth knowledge about "Arrow 775 H" headlights on this board ?
    What time period they were actually manufactured/produced ? Are there many variations of them ? If yes, are any changes related to various time periods and how to identify them ?

2. No help here but maybe this will prime the pump.

3. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Have you tried Googling them

4. Wish I could help you with the time-frame. I've got a nice pair of Arrow 775 H lights that someone gave me many years ago. Still haven't used them on anything. I like them a lot, they're not too big and not too small and nicely shaped and clean and simple. Nice pairs don't seem to command much dough like Guides.

lothianwilly71 likes this.

5. I do know that they came out of Mt. Holly, N.J..Says so right on them. 20180313_135828.jpg

6. Probably depends on the era. :D

It would be a safe bet that a '50s/'60s car could have used them. I am a King Bees addict myself but the Arrows are my next choice. That said I am a '60s kid so what would fly for me may not fly for anyone else. I like the Arrows because they are not too deep but still have some shape to them.

7. Hopefully someone who knows their history will step up and fill us in.

8. alchemy

alchemy

The 775H was still produced new by Arrow up to a few years ago. I had called them to ask about pricing. But recently I couldn't find the lights on their website. Maybe they have finally discontinued them? SoCal Speed Shop was a dealer for the new ones, as that's what they used on their clone roadsters.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. I bought a set in 1960 and they were popular then, and I'm using them now.

10. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

pretty sure the Bob MaGee roadster had / has them, so 1948 for sure !

TTR and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

They're seen on anything from roadsters to pickups in just about every car magazine starting 1948. Many articles didn't state the make of components because it just didn't matter then like it does now - they'd be ''small sealed beams". King Bee, Yankee, Dietz & Arrow are mentioned at times. Guide lamps are a great deal more popular now than they were in the late '40s on as far as hot rod parts - the King Bee was ''it'' ...
    The lamps in the above pics (if bulbs native to the buckets) are post '55, as the "T-3" aiming lugs were released by Guide at mid-year, & all the other makers followed suit.

12. lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. They were used on various makes of big trucks, and they were sold as an aftermarket replacement to change from bulb and reflector to sealed beams on old cars that head the headlight in a bucket with a ball and stud mount.

14. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

^^^
    Only in trade magazines like ''Motor Digest'' or ''Service Station.''

15. alchemy

alchemy

Well I just searched all over the Arrow website and can't find them anymore. But, SoCal still has them. Maybe they are only made for the specialty hot rod market now?

16. They were also on Norm Grabowski's " T " roadster pickup. I have bought several pairs that were used on snow plows, just to get the rims, They had big ugly plastic signal lights on the sides. I also had several pairs that came with red lenses, and a visor on top. There was also a version that had a small glass parking light lens on top.