Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest who you going to call or who calls you.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scharleyride, Mar 11, 2018.

1. As we work on different projects who is it that comes to our aid when help is need. Here is a changes to say thanks to the guy's or gal's , who are their when help is needed. You know a tow home or help with some thing that we are not able to do because most of us can't do all by out self .
    I have blown three different motors from may until now. and with out asking Snowman [Jim] Bobby, Beach Bum Jim, Kevin, Andy, have came to help remove and install and help me get back running. Thanks guys great to know that you guy are friends. I am lucky to have friends like this. And all the Assorted nuts.
    So who helps when you need towed home or the thing you don't know how to do, or just come hang out and drink every thing in the frig. The people we call family and friends.
    So lets see some pictures of these faces. I Will post some pictures once I figure out now on this new computer, May be they will help post some

jim snow likes this.
  2. Anderson

Anderson

3. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

GHOST BUSTERS

56don likes this.
  4. Clay Belt

Clay Belt

My friend Zach usually calls me. I have a tendency to reciprocate the favor

5. Gavin Tittle

Gavin Tittle

All of my friends drive normal cars... they are all ok with getting a call from me at some ungodly hour because (insert here) went wrong

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Clay Belt likes this.
  6. wicarnut

wicarnut

In the car hobby, business and life, I have had the good fortune of some good friends through the years that provided their skills, advice, physical help when needed. I provide machine shop help for friends that have helped me as that's my skill set. My wife has been a tremendous help in every way since I met her 38 years ago, one of my better decisions in life.

Just Gary, lothiandon1940 and 6inarow like this.
  7. Terrible80

Terrible80

Usually , I'm the one getting called. My brother bought a car trailer so I'll be calling him.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Long list of friends who owe me favors. I usually call them first ( though they never come through) Have a couple of good friends who always come to the rescue. I call them last. Only because I always feel bad calling them for help, when plenty of others owe a hand!

Baumi and Pinstriper40 like this.
  9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

No body followed by every body is how it feels.

10. The @raven is an hour away and he would come if I needed him. @Tim or @Austin kays are always handy these days. There are a few HAMBers here in the metro but they have too many irons in the fire to be available most of the time. That is nothing bad on them it is just life.

Austin kays likes this.
  11. Austin kays

Austin kays

Haha I was gonna say you or @Tim

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. Austin kays likes this.
  13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Doesn’t hurt that your both close enough that we could almost literally just hollar and you’d hear it. lol

lothiandon1940 and Austin kays like this.
  14. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

My buddy Dougie was my go to man, unfortunately he passed away last January.
    Most of us have plenty of acquaintances, but few true friends. The guy you can call at any time of the of the day or night and say I need your help. The only questions asked are, "where are you and what do I need to bring?"
    Dougie was that guy.
    KK

6inarow and olscrounger like this.
  15. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not many around here but I have a friend a ways away that I can call night or day and he will be here. He helps me with stuff when I need a hand and I help him alot as well-works great. Helping him wire a 9 sec drag car now and have wired two others with him. Also my wife is my main helper on the 40's we do.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  16. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

I call Joe and he brings his hook, problem solved.

spanners likes this.
  17. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I either fix it myself on the road or, if that's not possible, I call AAA to tow it where I can fix it or store it until I get home and return with either a trailer or the necessary parts to fix it. I drive all over the country in my '37 Chevy with a 235 and have only once needed towing. that's in 40+ years of driving the old cars thousands of miles. Sometimes breakdowns turn into a great time and I've made new friends through them.

Just get out & drive 'em - otherwise, they're just trinkets !

cracker head likes this.
  18. ............................She probably knows more about 1940 Fords than the majority of guys on this board.:)

19. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As soon as Amazon starts selling alcohol and delivering by drone I will add them to speed dial. No calls here, just "ask the HAMB" when I get stuck.

Clay Belt and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

The reason I call who I call is that they are always the one who ends up with the correct information on the thread I post lol. Just cutting the middle man out

lothiandon1940 and Bandit Billy like this.
  21. jim snow

jim snow

I think that if I got stuck on anything I could depend on anyone of my Asssorted Nuts brothers to help me out. Had a blast working with Bryan over the weekend. Snowman

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  22. If I can't do it by myself then it doesn't get done. Got no one to help. It makes one inventive on ways to get it done solo.

ZAB and BamaMav like this.
  23. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Pretty much the same for me. My wife helps if she can, but hard to get her to help much. My Pa in Law will help if I call him, but he just turned 81 in Jan, so he's not much help anymore, either. Those jobs that take three hands usually end up with some creative thinking and some strange things doing jobs they weren't designed for!

56don likes this.
  24. I'm not going to mention them by name 'cause they would probably not appreciate the notoriety, but there's at least a handful of local guys who have always been willing to help me out whenever I ran out of skill and talent, which is often. Some have driven an hour for a couple of days to lend a hand to this pretty pitiful mechanic. To all who have helped me out over the years, I can't thank you enough. I hope you know that, I'm just a phone call away if I can ever help in any way.

25. My brother is close but his wife gives him the stink-eye every time he bails me out, not worth to put him through the ordeal. Otherwise he does help me with some advanced notice. Tough to be that whipped at age 60!

My buddy Neil down the block is great, we help each other with our projects and he bailed me out in 2016 when I ran out of gas with the Ford one Sunday evening. He was a big part of my '59 Ford build, now we work on his OT project, Chevy LS in a Mazda Miata. Great to help someone else spend sick money.

26. Gman0046

Gman0046

Sometimes you just need another hand or help to complete a task. My neighbor is always willing to help but his wife gives him grief even if its for a short period of time. Feel sorry for the poor guy.

porknbeaner likes this.
  27. robracer1

robracer1

2x Ghost busters for my 50 shoebox

28. cracker head

cracker head

LS in a Miata sounds like a good time

29. He's on a mission with this one. Apparently the swap is popular enough so there are conversion kits and such available. This LS is going to be pretty stout, the guy that does my machine work did it right for him. I'd say around 450 HP in a light as a feather car is going to be a blast.

cracker head likes this.
  30. i get by with a little help from my friends........... DSCF4074.JPG