Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Curbspeed Coupe. "Holy Hell" 10/4/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Most of the hard bodywork is done. Just cleaning up a few details. White paint soon. I have to tackle the underside of the floorpan soon. It would be so nice to have a rotisserie for that part. This project will see completion .
    IMG_0965.JPG IMG_0964.JPG IMG_0962.JPG IMG_0963.JPG

2. ls1yj

ls1yj
    from Kentucky

Dale, did you use bits of 32 frame rails? I noticed there’s a reveal under cowl... sneaky!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    chryslerfan55, curbspeed and loudbang like this.
  3. Yes I did. Model A frame horns up front and rears are switched side to side and swept up in back. Cowl forward is quite a bit more slender than stock. I think 34 frames are ugly stock. Especially where the fender braces mount. I fixed Henry's lack of foresight. I guess he wasn't figuring on hotrodders going fenderless.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  4. coming along nice

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  5. Thanks Rob. Let the wet sanding commence.

loudbang likes this.
  6. 392

Killer build. Great work.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and curbspeed like this.
  7. Must get out to shop tonight and do something

loudbang likes this.
  8. Got something done tonight. Nothing great to show except some clapped out old Ford in a single car shed out back. The struggle is real. IMG_0967.JPG

itsmee, mgtstumpy, Jet96 and 12 others like this.
  9. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I had to do a bit of catching up and I absolutely love this project!! Those headers are bitchin!!

I couldn’t find any bell tips myself either so I made the dies and made some (admittedly pretty crude) bell tips that sort of fit into the home-brewed style of my roadster.

I cannot wait to see this thing all together.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mgtstumpy, brEad, stanlow69 and 11 others like this.
  10. Russ Meeks of Portland can make some for you. He did mine and they are the same is on the Orange Crate he did back in the day. Yours are fine though. I appreciate the fact you made them yourself. You can do it on a trailer ball too. Thanks for the compliment. I'm trying. IMG_3766.JPG

11. 51box

51box
    from MA

This car is so nice , you do great work. Look forward to seeing it finished out

curbspeed and loudbang like this.
  12. Wet sanded, sealed and painted my doors. One more piece almost done. This is white paint. Light is bad in my shop. Turned out pretty good. Need to let dry and then set them flat so the hinged can relax and paint some that is missed while hanging IMG_0979.JPG IMG_0978.JPG

13. 3banjos

3banjos
    from NZ

Bugger all over spray for a novice, well done. Love that night pic in your shed highlighting the height of the rear window. bloody marvelous.

brEad, alanp561 and loudbang like this.
  14. WHITE???? Damn, I was thinking of painting mine white. Guess I'll stick with gray primer.
    It's gonna look killer!

chryslerfan55, loudbang and ls1yj like this.
  15. By the time I get done with the flames there ain't gonna be much white left. Go ahead Rocky. Yours won't look like mine. I promise. Did ya look at my front sheetmetal and roof insert? Flames are going to be most of the doors too.

16. Not going to leave anyone in suspense. Here is the paint scheme. Pretty subtle. Go back to page 33 and look at my top insert. I think it will actually look better on my coupe. Black pinstiping as well. Another Cool Flame job.jpg

17. Paint yours Rocky. Just do it.

18. Hahaha...the thought of me painting shiny paint just scares the beJesus out of me but I'd like to have mine in shiny white someday. I'll be watching progress on yours. Lovin it so far.

curbspeed, chryslerfan55 and ls1yj like this.
  19. paint it black !

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  20. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Man after my heart! My roadster is also sporting a similar paint scheme although my car is nowhere close to half as nice as yours is.

[​IMG]

22. Double points for The Rolling Stones reference!

loudbang likes this.
  23. 3banjos

3banjos
    from NZ

Ya gotta love the stance on the 28 roadster Texas. The slammed coupe in background's looking mighty dangerous also.

24. is this painted yet ? for goodness sake Dale ! give us a update... lol:D... 36 is in for interior work...

loudbang likes this.
  25. No. I'm shooting for this weekend. It's taking longer to wet sand the body than I figured. It's gotta be right. I'm only doing this once. Patience grasshopper. It's coming. I'm looking for a pair of these Cal Custom rear axle covers in 5 on 51/2 if any one has a pair. axle covers.jpg

mgtstumpy, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  26. I'm trying to get my bomber seat covers made. Been busy after work with trying to find someone to do them. I'm getting stuff done.

chryslerfan55, ls1yj and loudbang like this.
  27. We have white privilege . Some little runs to deal with but overall ok for a beginner. IMG_0985.JPG IMG_0984.JPG IMG_0986.JPG

mgtstumpy, Jet96, brEad and 6 others like this.
  28. Deuces

Deuces

Lookin' slick!!!!....:cool::)

29. Thanks, I just followed instructions on the can and Whoop there it is!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Hivolt5.0 likes this.
  30. Looks great!I may have missed it what colour will the flames be?