Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

My son and I took a little rainy day road trip down to Jamestown Tennessee yesterday to see if this still existed and it is still there, Didnt talk to anyone but it was a good day even tho it rained the whole time. just found they have a old facebook account with pics if anyone wants to look it up. (JC Lane Auto Salvage) Heres a pic or two from it. My son was amazed as he wasnt very old and didnt remember the last time we were through there :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. aint much left of the 55 chev. But its a two door and has the VIN and a title. Factory 4 wheel drive chevy has the divorced transfer case. Old Cletrac Mfd by Cleveland Tractor company needs engine. BF Avery tractor. They where sold by Sears. has a 4 cyl Hercules flathead. 56 ford truck 002.JPG 55 chev 002.JPG 60 thru 66 trucks 026.JPG setting & rotting 001.JPG setting & rotting 002.JPG

3. '51 Norm

'51 Norm
    from colorado

More like sinking and rotting. river truck 1.1.jpg

This is the best picture that I could get without going swimming. It is some kind of truck cab but I can't tell what it started out as.

4. 20180218_105058.jpg
    Skirts and caps are inside.

kadillackid, czuch, grumpy32 and 9 others like this.
  5. philo426

philo426

58 Lincoln!Too cool!

Bowtie Coupe and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  6. Here's a 1941 Buick Super Sport {or Business} Coupe that has been sitting & rotting for decades on the Peter's Creek Loop trial within the Portola Redwoods State Park (La Honda, CA):

'41 Buick - Portola Redwoods State Park (1).jpg
    '41 Buick Super Sport Coupe - Portola Redwoods State Park - Peter's Creek Loop Trial.jpg
    portola-redwoods-peters-creek-old-car.JPG
    peterscreek-car.jpg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  7. WOW Low Budget sure is a nice find. Its a good hour and a half from me but would be worth the ride if he had any station wagons. Thanks for posting Bruce.

8. hudson48

hudson48

This is a recent photo sent by friends who are on a tourist trip through parts of country New South Wales(Australia).
    Nice looking 35/36 coupe body. Not sure if it is for sale but have asked them for more info. DSC_0344 (Medium).jpg DSC_0348 (Medium).jpg

9. "It's actually a '63. The easy way to tell is the roof, glass, and door frames. Still a deserving project, either way! :D"
    It has 1962 side trim then - by the short Daytona side trim....1963 Daytona's side trim is much longer from the end of the quarter by the bumper to the door....maybe it does have a 1963 title? Dash is different between 62/63 also. My Canadian built 1964 Daytona still runs the factory Stude V/8 and was the last of the hardtop - Lark - based Studies....the 65/66 did have the McKinnon/Chevy motors....

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  10. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Anyone know who is playing the Blues on this video

11. Nothing like working outside on a nice Sunny day .:):cool::) and doing what you like.

aussie57wag likes this.
  12. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Makes me wonder if it's a Daytona at all. Maybe a the owner wanted to dress up his or her '63 Lark standard with '62 Daytona trim...

13. theamcguy

theamcguy

Man those two 64 Fords in post 13283 sure bring back memories. We used to buy 64s like that all day long for a $100. Drive a round see one sitting like that knock on the door and see how much they wanted for it. Usually a hundred or less. We kept buying the same make and model as we had plenty of parts to fix anything that needed fixing. We used to get a lot of use out of hundred dollar cars.

czuch likes this.
  14. I remember when Model As were hundred dollar cars. If only I had known. :(

15. All that remains of a 37 Willys Sedan. When I first saw it in 84 it was a bit rough but mostly complete. JW
    [​IMG]

16. Hey 26T Ford...that's a much bigger radiator than I've ever seen in the little 4 cyl car...
    PS.Somebody might want that axel!!! g-willys

chryslerfan55 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  17. I think the radiator is British and the axle's not in the best shape but will save it as its sitting in my paddock now. JW

18. 32fenderless

32fenderless

I have the back half of a willys frame. Too bad you’re half way around the world.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  19. I don't need any of it but being a Willys guy, this is where it belongs.:D JW

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  20. keef59

keef59

21. philo426

philo426

Is that a 58 Olds?

22. BJR

BJR

23. southcross2631

southcross2631

Coming out of the landfill in Athens, tn today . spotted a 61 Ford Starliner setting across the road with brush all over it. 20180309_150941.jpg

Bowtie Coupe and Bomb like this.
  24. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I use to spot cars that no one else could see, now I know how they felt:D

25. Ran when parked. ;)

chryslerfan55 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  26. pontiac

pontiac

I spotted this 47-48 Ford convertible awhile back.. I haven't stopped and talked with the owner yet. Probably not for sale.[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. He's going to probably say I'm going to restore it someday. :rolleyes:

28. I'd be stopping by there real soon! If he lets that cool convertible sit outside. Just imagine what he must have stored in those buildings!;) Ron...

29. Also here's one I spotted the other day. My wife said I could stop and take a picture. But that I couldn't go in and ask about it.:rolleyes: Lol It's on rt. 287 at Lovettesville Va. I think it looked in good enough shape to followed us home.;) Ron...[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  30. philo426

philo426

Very cool.57 perhaps? Looks like it could still tow a semi if it had to.5400 indeed!

Bowtie Coupe and Ron Funkhouser like this.