Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 52 Oldsmobile Back Window...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cmarcus, Mar 8, 2018.

1. cmarcus

cmarcus

Can anyone tell me of the back window is the same as a 53/54 Chevy back window? They certainly look the same...

I am looking at getting Venetian blinds, but I can't find any specific to a 52 Olds, but they definitely have them all over for the 53/54 Chevy.

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

The window is shared with Buick and Olds in like body styles, not the same glass as a Chevy. However, for a Venetian blind, 'close' is probably good enough.....

Ray

3. cmarcus

cmarcus

Thanks Ray. I just know a lot of guys swapped for the 1 piece windshield, so I didn't know if the same applied for the rear. Thank you!

4. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

52 Oldsmobiles were all B body cars. Some earlier Olds 88 and 76 models were A body cars and shared their basic body shell with Chev and Pontiac.

So no, in 52 bodies were not shared with Chev but were shared with Buick except the Roadmaster.

As others have said, this should not make much difference to a venetian blind. It may be a little undersize but still usable.

Hnstray likes this.