Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods when to look at a car today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Went to look at a 65 chevy Impala .Has a nice motor and trans but way too much bondo in it for me.So I passed on it. Guy said he was a body man.Boy it made my body work look GREAT. LOL.Bruce.

oldsjoe, hotrodharry2, jazz1 and 9 others like this.
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great body and missing an engine is a better deal most times. Bob

jazz1, Bruce Fischer, i.rant and 6 others like this.
  3. manyolcars

manyolcars

Bondo is what bodymen do. Proper Butt welded panel replacement is what we see on the hamb

4. Keep looking 'till the right one finds ya.
    Exercising restraint like that saves grief later. Good move, Bruce!

5. At least you’re out kicking tires. You’ll find a good one when you least expect it....

6. Keep up the good search, Bruce. Keep checking the Craigslist postings in and around your area. Morristown, Jefferson City, Newport, Dandridge and even check the Tri-Cities area. Should be some good stuff up around Johnson City, Erwin and even S.W. Virginia. Good luck...........Don.

7. Yep, usually a good deal if you can find it.
    I'd rather drop a drive line in Amd build a chassis long before a body and paint job.

8. X2 on that. I found a great deal that way on an OT car. It even came with 2 engines in pieces which came in really handy for selling as parts to fund what I needed. :D

9. Bruce,don't let that money burn a hole in your pocket,hold out for that wagon you really want. HRP

10. RMONTY

RMONTY

I thought your Buick Station Wagon was being delivered tomorrow? Did something change?

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  11. Bruce, please keep us posted on your progress!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  12. Yes indeed hold out for what you want not what you find. I looked at several before I found mine and I still got surprised.

13. flatford39

flatford39

That was a picture of a car he used to own...not the one he was buying.

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd agree with the great body needs an engine theory. My wife drove pretty nice looking cars that I had bought right and built and engine for for years.

chryslerfan55 and Clay Belt like this.
  15. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have been looking all winter and nothing that catches my interest,its either Barret/Jackson money or needs way too much work.

16. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I ain't got no body..ha ha...yes Bruce..hold out for a good one....there out there...

17. sunbeam

sunbeam

18. I thought so too. HRP

19. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

At least you weren't wearing these.....lol.
    [​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  20. Manyolcars. I agree with you on that. Thats the way I do it.Weld in patchs screw that 3 inches of bondo. LOL. Got my Buick wagon dropped off by the transporter this morning. As soon as I fix my truck it comes in to the shop next .Bruce.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  21. lothiandon.I agree with you on that. There is nothing around the Knoxville T N area and if there is. Is . it priced way to high and is snapped up right away. Bruce.

22. OH the Suspense! Where are the pics of this new wagon?

23. Rmonty, no the transporter dropped it off early this morning.He had a 50 ft. trailer so he dropped it off at the bottom of our mountain drive way. It had a flat tire. I spent about an hour running up and down the hill with a jack and tools to get the tire off and repair it. She fired right up and I drove it up the mountain SLOWLY because she has no brakes. Motor sure ran smooth. I parked it next to the house because I don't want to drive it through the shops rear wall like I did with the 56 Buick wagon. LOL.As soon as I get my dodge p. u repaired {the steering shaft failed after only 2 years of use and I got it off E Bay} I got one from my parts store and yea it was the wrong one again but after I get it repaired the Buick wagon comes in and I will start on it. Dont you all get mad but its an 86 Buick Lesbra. I plan to make her road worthy and repaint it and put on new wood grain and sell her so I can get a H.AM.B. friendly station wagon.Bruce.

24. bct

bct

Gee thats great.

25. chryslerfan55 likes this.
    Moriarity, Racer29 and Clay Belt like this.
  27. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

WELL done yet? LOL Gary:)

28. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

29. low down A

low down A

were's the guy's that ran that new guy off for wanting to make is old car drive like new. this 86 buick has got how many attA boy post

30. Low down are you talking about me???Bruce.