Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Scored at the auction tonight

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barn Hunter, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Just got back from a local auction and scored a couple of neat pieces.... 20180302_012704 (2).jpg 20180302_012638 (2).jpg

2. tofords

tofords

3. Very cool finds.

MMM1693 likes this.

4. 0nedon

0nedon

I like auctions, my buddy says it's a lot of time wasted and maybe he's right but nothing better to listen to then a good auctioner. Plus the junk food and as you found a few treasures!

5. mike bowling

mike bowling

What does the trophy say on it? A couple of years ago a guy on here bought two old race trophies from the Sanford , Maine drag strip and with the help of Jere Sheehan ( one of the original racers and founders of New England Dragway) we figured out whose it was and some history of the car and crew. Neat stuff that needs to be saved!

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

6. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Unfortunately it was never engraved...just liked the car and mid century vibe. Bottom is stamped CUSTOM TROPHY CO. ,(Can't make out next word) EXPOSITION, LOS ANGELES and some other words I can't make out yet.

7. mike bowling

mike bowling

Too bad on the history, but still a good save!
    This is the car that we traced the 1958 trophies to ;
    "Spark St. Auto Body" coupe ,owned by Lloyed Woodland
    Flywheels CC , Brockton, Mass.
    B altered, Olds powered
    The engine builder, whose name I forget, went on to build motors for the Smothers Brothers Olds sponsored racing team ( TV brothers Tom and Dick)
    More info in the book DSCN1616.JPG "Cool Cars, Square Roll Bars" by the Shuman Brothers (RIP).

8. That club plaque (Southeast Georgia Timing Assoc ?) is VERY cool! Want to sell it?

9. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

SCORE!!! :) I love a good auction with interesting stuff on it.

10. It seems at one time or another Savannah, Georgia had several hot rod clubs ,The Cam Twisters,Rambling Rodders & the S.E.G.T.A.

HRP

11. Dennis already has the plaque,all you have to do is order one. HRP

[​IMG]

catdad49, crashfarmer and stanlow69 like this.
  12. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Do you want to part ways with trophy??

13. Thanks Danny. I looked but didn't find it.

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool stuff. One of the founding members of the local car club that was defunct at the time but later resurrected and is active now gave me his original club plaque 30 years ago when I was working for him. It will probably go on the nicnack wall space in my shop when it is done or get passed to one of my old students who is in the club now.

15. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Both graduates of Redondo Union High School in Redondo Beach, CA