Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A New Can of Beans

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Jan 15, 2018.

1. loudbang

loudbang

AND he is piloting it from the BACK SEAT :eek:

2. Yep a back seat driver. O am almost in the back seat on mine, but I may move the seats forward a bit after I get the mill set, it is nothing to shorten the steering column.

HOTRODPRIMER and loudbang like this.
  3. Been toying with this idea for a few years now (happen to know where a wagon is locally, but too many projects/too little time, money, and space...), but with my 6'6" frame (and to help keep me off the wall), I would have to go with more of this stretched look:

[​IMG]

4. The wagons are so darn cute,at 6'6" you got be by 2",put us both in it and you would have a clown car for sure! :D

BTW,that guy in the photo don't look too short. HRP

5. LOL 6'6" I was telling Mrs Beaner how many people I know over 6' and she said, "Well you are just a squirt, just the way I like 'em."

Looks like standard wheel base is 80" I knew they were short but I had no idea how short. Mine is stretched a ton @ 111".

dana barlow and loudbang like this.
  6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Wait, still talking about the car right?

raven and loudbang like this.
  7. Yea, well maybe. LOL

raven, loudbang and Tim like this.
  8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

When my stepfather and I both got in the stock '47/8 station wagon in early 50s to go to school in the morning (he was a teacher, I was a student, same school), we filled that car up.He was about 6'3" and I was maybe an inch or so shorter back then.

9. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Got to be:rolleyes:...I used to be 6' 2"..Now I'm 6' 1"; I was wondering why I could see the speedo through the steering wheel in my shoebox better! Didn't notice much difference in the Crosley height wise; however its pretty tight for two people who have any broadness at the shoulder.....

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    loudbang likes this.
  10. LOL I was 5'10 until I was 28, grew 2" between then and when I reached 30. My Doctor thought it was funny.

They measured me just prior to my shoulder surgery a couple years ago and I hit 5'11 with my boots on, that brings me down to about 5'9' (OK 5'8"?). But I am sticking with 5'10. LOL

One thing about it, I am wearing a size 46 jacket now, so if someone isn't pretty narrow it is going to be a pretty tight squeeze if someone wants to go for a ride and its not like I can roll the window down. :)

loudbang likes this.
  11. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Well ya could leave the windows out....Brrrrrrr..Or make them up-down sliders like J. Forbes has with a belt in his chev11..

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    loudbang likes this.
  12. LOL a Model A, '40 Ford, Chevrolet, Crosley sedan with Thunderbolt door glass. :)

loudbang likes this.
  13. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

"They measured me just prior to my shoulder surgery a couple years ago and I hit 5'11 with my boots on, that brings me down to about 5'9' (OK 5'8"?). But I am sticking with 5'10. LOL" Beaner Quote.
    Sounds like you have to make a decision between 2 or 3 inch high heels in the morning when getting dressed. :p

loudbang and JOYFLEA like this.
  14. LOL at least I don't have to decide pumps or flats. :p

Know a pretty funny story about that but has nothing much to do with cars. ;)

chryslerfan55, loudbang and JOYFLEA like this.
  15. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

good luck with it! heres my life long project! injected sbc with a glide.

Attached Files:

16. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I like those Crosley,kind of my first car in away was a Hot Shot{Crosley sport body},almost was story!!

But the ones I loved best were driven by my Hero's at the oval tracks here in Florida in 50s n 60s.
    Here is one I would like to built a clone of,from the late 50s,it was nick named"Road Grator" FlyingX built an driven by Buzz Breton,with big block Ford power. buzzBarton.JPG

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  17. Both of those are probably a lot more car than I will ever need/have.

Just your basic small block will probably get me from point A to point B just fine.

18. Well damned little progress but over the weekend we did take a minute and fit the firewall to the little beasty. It still needs some final trimming but the original builder managed to get all the holes in the right place. Which amazed the living crap out of me.

aae8a86cc85a98d0075e299fde356108.jpg

Now if I can just figure out what he was planning for master cylinders, they would have been pre '55 I am guessing Ford.

19. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

55 Chevy had a 4 bolt pattern on it's MC.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  20. Thanks that's where I'll start. My best guess is that the guy was re-building the car in the later '50s when he decide that road racing a Corvette may be more exciting.

21. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

If I remember tonight I can measure the hole pattern distance on a 55 Chevy MC. That's what I have on my Model A PU.

loudbang likes this.
  22. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

It would put the push rod pretty low on the unit but sounds like a good lead

loudbang likes this.
  23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

4 bolt is truck and 2 bolt is car from roughly the same year Chevys as far as I can tell with a quick google.

Looks like either may bolt on. 1F5B4D25-D5A9-4890-B1B7-E089B75D5346.jpeg 7B1369EC-FC57-48D1-AB55-E39928795EA4.jpeg

24. The Chevy car and my '65 Galaxie were about the same.
    I may get the Schoolster to snag one from one of our C10s and see if it is the same. Bet they didn't change a thing.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Tim like this.
  25. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Can't you just hold a stick out the window and rub in on the tire for brakes. :D

Tickety Boo, loudbang, brad2v and 2 others like this.
  26. 57 truck master is under the floor and does not look like either of those.

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and 50John like this.
  27. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I googled 55

loudbang likes this.
  28. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

You’ve clearly never seen ben drive anything with 4 wheels lol

29. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

That is true.....but I sure have heard a lot of talk about it. :D

loudbang, enloe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  30. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

It breifly made me consider both a helmet and maybe giant versions of bowling alley bumpers.

I like the beaner on two wheels lol