Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Help me find a thieving, no good, dirty bastard from Australia...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rip off is rip off Period! This is different but similar: Summit and others sell grab bags of logo stickers. One could just take those and resell right? What about guys selling sticker collections? I'm just curious about this, stickers on fee-bay for sale all the time

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

That is different, and nothing is wrong with reselling things like that. What makes it criminal is when you reproduce those stickers or images yourself or pay someone to do it for you when you are not authorized to do so.

3. Here is where your example is flawed: The grocery store buys the Pepsi product legitimately from Pepsi (or a legitimate Pepsi supplier) and then uses the Pepsi logo with permission to re-sell the actual, legitimate Pepsi product.

The issue here is that the H.A.M.B. artwork was not purchased, licensed, or otherwise legally obtained, and is being sold for profit with no returns or dividends to the original owner or creator.

4. I
    I totally got your intention, thought it was funny, but thought someone who didn't know you a little would take you seriously. Lol.

Looks like this'll get sorted right. There's always one bad egg in the mix. Its sad that the Aussy Kiwi thing usually pops up. Our forefathers fought together in Gallipoli, us Hot Rodders should stick together like a bunch of good bastards, and stomp out thieving bsstards.

5. karl share

karl share

The decal vendor was at the picnic at hanging rock car show today,seen a lot of trade marked decals including the 1953 H.A.M.B. one in question.
    He would have had to give all his details to the Macedon Ranges and district motoring club to be on site selling shit.
    It might pay to e-mail the club and ask for his details.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You were there in person?
    If I had been there in person I would have been asking who I could talk to to get that information and also inform them of what he was up to.
    Action should be taken, not merely suggesting a course of action.
    Hopefully this will be sorted out soon.

chryslerfan55 and porkshop like this.
  7. karl share

karl share

Yes i was there in person. I will make some inquiries with the person who organizes the vendors to see if i can get more details.

8. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I did not make it to Hanging Rock.
    We have a few different phone numbers for him and an email address.

9. Locoxp

Locoxp

So Ebays "max's motoring emporium" and username "dionm8901" is a dead end?? If this is the guy Ryan can send a message/ email from there... it even pisses me off hes called them stickers instead of decals...what a psycho

10. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

The Ballarat Swap is just a few days away now. Lets see if this fellow shows up at that event. If so lets show him that we do not like what he has done to Ryan and his forum.

chryslerfan55 and fuzzybear like this.
  11. Clik

Clik

Just playing Devil's Advocate here. Look at it like a thought exercise and not judgement: Let's say I see a painting. I make a mental image of that in my brain. Can anyone claim ownership of the image in my brain? Can they demand I erase it/forget it? Now let's suppose that I use pen and ink and put the image from my brain to paper. I own the pen. I own the ink and I own the paper. Can I not sell the ink and paper that I own because I arranged the two from an image in my brain?

Ned Ludd and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

:confused: o_O You obviously don't understand copyright law.
    The image in your brain as you put it does not belong to you. It was created by the person who created the painting or image from their own creativity.
    You can keep the image as long as you like, you can even put it on paper, but you crossed the line when you added in selling it.
    So no, you can't sell the paper and ink :rolleyes: , it's the image that you don't own. :p

13. pitman

pitman

Like the 'Bootleg' concert recordings, being marketed.

14. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Hanging Rock.... if there was ever a more suitable place to resolve this I can't think of it. LOL

chryslerfan55 and Saxman like this.
  15. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

There is a difference between stickers and decals. Do you know it?

16. Clik

Clik

I understand THE LAW (echo, echo, echo) but the LAW isn't always just. How can you claim ownership of an image in my brain? How do you define the act of claiming?

17. BJR

BJR

Have another beer and think about it! :D

chryslerfan55, loudbang and 6inarow like this.
  18. Clik

Clik

I'm not sold on patent law/copyright law but I am a firm believer in the libertarian Non Aggression Principal and I consider fraud an aggression. It seems to me that if an image was signed there might be a stronger case based on fraud/forgery. If I had an image that I was concerned about I think I would sign and number them. Once again, I don't have a dog in this fight.

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Excuse me, but.... how are you NOT getting any of this? No one gives a shit what's in your head and you can draw it on wolf shit, if that pleases you. But..... BUT.... you can NOT sell the drawn image as your own, WITHOUT the expressed consent of the ORIGINAL owner of the image.

Yea..... wolf shit. You can draw on it.

20. Let’s get the thread back on track

Let’s find this guy

Copyright is copyright

You can’t sell someone else’s stuff as your own

Done and done

Wolf shit...... gonna use that one, not sell it, but use it !

21. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Wait until some one steals your identity and you find you can get get a loan or credit card and maybe then you will think about Trade Mark and how it is there to protect the owner of that logo etc.

By the way this guy did not re draw the image and copied it directly from an Image Ryan sold to us as a calendar with the HAMB logo that has TM on it showing the image is trade marked.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  22. Clik

Clik

HOTFR8, ID theft is fraud which is different than copyright infringement. If the first hot rodder to paint flames on his car copyrighted it no one else could do theirs without consent, is that your premise?

23. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Now you're taking this to the ridiculous, the perp printed the calendar which has the HAMB logo which is clearly marked as being trademarked and is selling them without consent! Whether you agree with copyright law or not has nothing to do with this, if you break the law you should and will face the consequences of your actions!

24. wvenfield

wvenfield

No you can't. I wish all questions were this easy.

25. wvenfield

wvenfield

Nobody is asking the guy to erase the images from his brain.

26. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

Not really, the copyright is specific to an exact image almost like a blueprint. There are millions of variations of flames that would still resemble flames but wouldn't be an exact reproduction of the original copyrighted flame design. Very similar to music and scale notes, subtle changes in how the music notes are played doesn't knockoff the original copyrighted music.

27. Clik

Clik

I wish you guys were as passionate about fighting to prevent the further loss of our hot rodding rights as you are a sticker.

28. Clik

Clik

I bet you wouldn't get away with opening a McDoogle's Restaurant with red arches that serves a Big Mick sandwich.

29. Pssst! @Ryan , you might want to start a new thread....just sayin'

Andy, chryslerfan55 and 6inarow like this.
  30. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Stir the shit pot.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.